Put a fork in the Gophers, they're done....

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

mulefarm wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:After tonight's game I think we will get home ice advantage, win the final five and be in St Paul for the Frozen Four. Dismantling Denver should help us SWEEP the Badgers next week . Do you think we will be in the top 10 of the pairwise after this win? Cade Fairchild looked like the best D in the league. Will he make the 1st team All-WCHA team?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, no, no, no, no, and no.

8)
Mr Negativity!!
No.

Mr. Logic :wink:

8)
The Puck
LGW
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

That's some optimism.

I just want them to make the Final Five so I can sell some of my tickets.

Go Gophs!

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:That's some optimism.

I just want them to make the Final Five so I can sell some of my tickets.

Go Gophs!

:idea:
How much for 2?

8)
The Puck
LGW
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

The first two periods of Saturday's game was the best I've seen them play in a long, long, .... long time. Lets hope it continues the rest of the year. Although losing Hansen for next Friday's game will hurt.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

BodyShots wrote:The first two periods of Saturday's game was the best I've seen them play in a long, long, .... long time. Lets hope it continues the rest of the year. Although losing Hansen for next Friday's game will hurt.
You're right about that... I still don't know what he was thinking exploding like that; the refs were already on him and the DU player. Nothing else was going to happen.

That was the best MN has played all year; they'll need to play like that more often if they want to secure a spot in the NCAAs.

8)
The Puck
LGW
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

PuckU126 wrote:
BodyShots wrote:The first two periods of Saturday's game was the best I've seen them play in a long, long, .... long time. Lets hope it continues the rest of the year. Although losing Hansen for next Friday's game will hurt.
You're right about that... I still don't know what he was thinking exploding like that; the refs were already on him and the DU player. Nothing else was going to happen.

That was the best MN has played all year; they'll need to play like that more often if they want to secure a spot in the NCAAs.
Didn't you mean win the NCAA?

8)
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

mulefarm wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:

Didn't you mean win the NCAA?

8)
The Puck
LGW
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

4-1 Gophs after 2 in Sconny...

I forget, was that fork one of those little pickle forks my grandma used to use at holiday dinners... :wink:

All kidding aside, the kids look good tonight. Can we make a late season rush...?
Gophs need both this weekend, then take care of the next two sub-500 teams, win 1st series, then win at least two in Final Five... :shock:

Maybe that fork was a little deeper than I thought... :(
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

DmanDad1980 wrote:4-1 Gophs after 2 in Sconny...

I forget, was that fork one of those little pickle forks my grandma used to use at holiday dinners... :wink:

All kidding aside, the kids look good tonight. Can we make a late season rush...?
Gophs need both this weekend, then take care of the next two sub-500 teams, win 1st series, then win at least two in Final Five... :shock:

Maybe that fork was a little deeper than I thought... :(
You're right on, Dman.

I am watching the game right now and they're playing well. WI is making bad mistakes, but MN is doing what they need to do by capitalizing on their chances.

They just need to crawl back up the PWR one game at a time.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

5-1 now.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

5-2 Final
Rodents wins.

Wehrs with 5 minor penalties.

WI hit the pipe 4 times (kiss it Patterson)

8)
The Puck
LGW
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

PuckU126 wrote:5-2 Final
Rodents wins.

8)
Lot of pipes for Sconny tonight, agree, Patterson has to be very happy to hear that clank and not see it behind him...

Wehr's just can't do that again, bad things usually follows... :-k
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

DmanDad1980 wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:5-2 Final
Rodents wins.

8)
Lot of pipes for Sconny tonight, agree, Patterson has to be very happy to hear that clank and not see it behind him...

Wehr's just can't do that again, bad things usually follows... :-k
He could be sitting the pine tomorrow... The Don didn't look happy after that call.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Rodents tie Bucky 3-3

MN gets 3 of 4 points... They need to keep playing like this for now on...

8)
The Puck
LGW
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

PuckU126 wrote:Rodents tie Bucky 3-3

MN gets 3 of 4 points... They need to keep playing like this for now on...

8)
Yeah we'll see if they can do that.....
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Don't bother looking at the pairwise. Minnesota can actually get all 8 points the next two weeks and fall in the rankings. This team has only one shot of advancing and that is winning the Final Five.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Don't bother looking at the pairwise. Minnesota can actually get all 8 points the next two weeks and fall in the rankings. This team has only one shot of advancing and that is winning the Final Five.
Getting all 8 points will help them in not only the rankings but also the WCHA standings. They need to keep winning for home ice in the first round and possibly being matched with a weaker team.

8)
The Puck
LGW
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

PuckU126 wrote:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Don't bother looking at the pairwise. Minnesota can actually get all 8 points the next two weeks and fall in the rankings. This team has only one shot of advancing and that is winning the Final Five.
Getting all 8 points will help them in not only the rankings but also the WCHA standings. They need to keep winning for home ice in the first round and possibly being matched with a weaker team.

8)
Winning didn't help. (Pairwise) They are falling based on SOS. Another game against Tech lowers that and them more.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:

8)
Winning didn't help. (Pairwise) They are falling based on SOS. Another game against Tech lowers that and them more.
Agreed. In the PWR it will drop MN; however, in the WCHA it will help securing a home ice position for the WCHA playoffs.

In the Final Five, MN must make some big moves.

8)
The Puck
LGW
wingmaster

Post by wingmaster »

Is the Don finally gone?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

THEY'RE DONE THIS YEAR!

As for the Don... I have no clue.

If I was the AD... well... I'd hook'em, book'em and cook'em.

See ya. Go coach Tech!

8)
The Puck
LGW
blueblood

gophers

Post by blueblood »

Anyone interested in season tix to the Gophers? I've got 2 seats in Section 24 and I will not be renewing them next seaosn.

Joel Maturi says I should pay more because the Gophers are falling behind in revenue as compared to other Big 10 schools. He say he needs to balance a budget. Note to JM: U of M has bottom feeder in the Big 10 revenue sports of football and basketball. The hockey team is next. When Penn St joins it will only get worse....

I have a few suggestions: How about you start at the top and step down JM, get an up and coming hockey coach for half the cost, cut some non-revenue sports (heck even Wisco doesn't have baseball), and make the corporate hockey seat holders show up and spend some money at the rink.

I"M FED UP WITH PAYING MORE AND NOT GETTING A RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT.
BodyShots

Re: gophers

Post by BodyShots »

blueblood wrote:Anyone interested in season tix to the Gophers? I've got 2 seats in Section 24 and I will not be renewing them next seaosn.

Joel Maturi says I should pay more because the Gophers are falling behind in revenue as compared to other Big 10 schools. He say he needs to balance a budget. Note to JM: U of M has bottom feeder in the Big 10 revenue sports of football and basketball. The hockey team is next. When Penn St joins it will only get worse....

I have a few suggestions: How about you start at the top and step down JM, get an up and coming hockey coach for half the cost, cut some non-revenue sports (heck even Wisco doesn't have baseball), and make the corporate hockey seat holders show up and spend some money at the rink.

Amen brother. I've got two in section 10 if no change in coaching is made before next year. I read this past weekend, that this is the first U of M coach in 40 years to not make the NCAA tournament in four consecutive years.
PuckU126

Re: gophers

Post by PuckU126 »

BodyShots wrote:
blueblood wrote:Anyone interested in season tix to the Gophers? I've got 2 seats in Section 24 and I will not be renewing them next seaosn.

Amen brother. I've got two in section 10 if no change in coaching is made before next year. I read this past weekend, that this is the first U of M coach in 40 years to not make the NCAA tournament in four consecutive years.
I read the same thing.

The U's AD is really screwing the pooch for the Rodents' athletic teams.

8)
The Puck
LGW