districts scores/results

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

BarTender3035

Post by BarTender3035 »

iceglo wrote:
hockey121330 wrote: 1. By the time they got through 50 shooters they could've played another 10 minute OT!
Actually, they could have played several overtimes. The shootout added about 45 minutes to the game.
They could have gone 3 on 3. I hate shootouts!! Its in there to finish the game quicker? Really worked here. Might as well do a coin flip!
2010 MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOL CONTEST WINNER
Von Bickle

Post by Von Bickle »

No shootouts in D3. Ten minute 5x5, five minute 4x4, resurface, 10 minute 3x3 until you get a winner.

The D6 12B's have had shootouts in the quarter and semi finals. That's a tough district, shouldn't let the shootout determine the winners.
hockey121330

Post by hockey121330 »

They could have gone 3 on 3. I hate shootouts!! Its in there to finish the game quicker? Really worked here. Might as well do a coin flip!
Totally agree. I see that D2 does not do shootouts either. Anybody have any rationale from D6 as to why they would've gone to shootouts this year. Sounds like this is a change from previous years or maybe they have always had shootouts?
iceglo

Post by iceglo »

hockey121330 wrote:Sounds like this is a change from previous years or maybe they have always had shootouts?
In the D6 2010-2011 rule book, the section relating to double elimination playoffs (Section 19.1) has shootouts is in bold, suggesting that shootouts are a change this year.

Let's hope they throw this rule away next year.

Note: One reason why the EP/Edina shootout was so long was because it required groups of 5 shooters at a time. The rules never let it progress into a sudden death shootout.
BarTender3035

Post by BarTender3035 »

12UA District 12/11

#3 Grand Rapids 3 #2 Cloquet 1

Rapids vs Duluth winner advan, losser plays cloquet, winner advan
Phish12

Post by Phish12 »

District 2 Final Four

Championship Game

#2 White Bear, 5 (#1 seed)
#4 Tartan/NSP, 0 (#2 or 3 seed)

Consolation Final

#1 Stillwater, 4 (#2 or 3 seed)
#6 Highland, 2 (eliminated)

2nd/3rd Seed Game (8:15 am Sunday)

#1 Stillwater (#2 seed)
#4 Tartan/NSP (#3 seed)
Last edited by Phish12 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarTender3035

Post by BarTender3035 »

12UA

Duluth 3 Grand Rapids 0

Grand Rapids 4 Cloquet 3

Duluth and Grand Rapids advance from D11/12. Play at 1pm and Rapids has to win twice, Duluth once for the #1 seed. Loser #2 seed
READYtoPLAY

Post by READYtoPLAY »

12A District 10

Andover 1
Spring Lake Park 0

Blaine 3
Anoka 0

Andover plays Blaine for district 3rd seed to regions
BarTender3035

Post by BarTender3035 »

District12/11 12UA

Duluth 3 Grand Rapids 0

Olyimpic Region
--------------------

Alexandria vs Grand Rapids

Roseau vs Moorhead

Duluth vs Theif River Falls

Warroad vs Detroit Lakes
fun&games

Post by fun&games »

Does anyone know who won the American Region play-in game between Tartan/NSP and Edina last night?
redarmydad

Post by redarmydad »

Edina won 4-1. TNT was up 1-0 into the second then Edina scored 2 back to back. Third period Edina came out and never stopped, scoring 2 more to clinch the W.
hornethockeymom

Edina U12A's

Post by hornethockeymom »

Thank goodness they finally pulled out a Win. Those girls have struggled all year in the Big Games. Is it the pressure that holds them back? It is unfortunate, as the 1st place seed in D6 should have been theirs. Now, to face Centennial in the first round of Regions is going to be tough!
D6 Girls Fan

Post by D6 Girls Fan »

Edina outshot Tartan something like 45-4. The Tartan goalie is about as good as any at this level. Should've been 10-1. Hornets played well. 3 good teams coming out of D6.
luckyEPDad

Re: Edina U12A's

Post by luckyEPDad »

hornethockeymom wrote:Thank goodness they finally pulled out a Win. Those girls have struggled all year in the Big Games. Is it the pressure that holds them back? It is unfortunate, as the 1st place seed in D6 should have been theirs. Now, to face Centennial in the first round of Regions is going to be tough!
No, the first place seed went to whom it should. Having been in your position (watching a nail biter play-in game after winning the district) I understand the sentiment, but the scoreboard is the only arbiter, and it is unfailingly fair.

In is in, no matter the path. That year where the D6 spots were unjustly taken by SW suburb teams that like the colors green and white, our girls were the only D6 team that advanced to state. Again having to play an extra game for the privilege. Enjoy the ride. The twisty bumpy path is memorable.
centennialhockey

Post by centennialhockey »

we will squish those little pesky hornets............ :lol:
hornethockeymom

Post by hornethockeymom »

Obviously you misunderstood my statement. My point is simple: Edina plays well in most situations, but cracks under pressure, as seen in every tournament, including Districts. They did not deserve to win, CCH and TKA outplayed them. Now they will fall to Centennial unless they can find a way to settle down and play like they know how. However, a team is only as strong as its' weakest link. Centennial should walk away with it!
EZ

Post by EZ »

iceglo wrote:
hockey121330 wrote:Sounds like this is a change from previous years or maybe they have always had shootouts?
In the D6 2010-2011 rule book, the section relating to double elimination playoffs (Section 19.1) has shootouts is in bold, suggesting that shootouts are a change this year.

Let's hope they throw this rule away next year.

Note: One reason why the EP/Edina shootout was so long was because it required groups of 5 shooters at a time. The rules never let it progress into a sudden death shootout.

The old rule was that the team with the highest seed entering the District tournament would advance if the game ended in a tie (there may have been an overtime period, I can't remember). The shootout may not be the best solution but it sure is better than the old way. Maybe next year they will take it to the next level and play 3x3 until someone wins.
blondegirlsdad

Post by blondegirlsdad »

hornethockeymom wrote:Obviously you misunderstood my statement. My point is simple: Edina plays well in most situations, but cracks under pressure, as seen in every tournament, including Districts. They did not deserve to win, CCH and TKA outplayed them. Now they will fall to Centennial unless they can find a way to settle down and play like they know how. However, a team is only as strong as its' weakest link. Centennial should walk away with it!
Wow, pretty negative. Edina has been in every game they've played this year. It's not like any team has blown them out. I thought the Chaska game was dead even, and they outshot Minnetonka. The record against those two teams is all even (2-2 v Chaska) (1-3-1 v Tonka). Any of the top 10 teams can beat any of the others on any given day. Not sure what the crack about "weakest link" is all about. I sure hope you're not one of OUR HornetHockeyMoms, we'd rather have positivity.