#1 St. Thomas Academy (19-6-0) vs #4 Mahtomedi (12-12-1)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

STA Cadets
70%
Mahtomedi Zephyrs
30%

Total votes: 27

MNpuck14

#1 St. Thomas Academy (19-6-0) vs #4 Mahtomedi (12-12-1)

Post by MNpuck14 »

Although STA is the better team in my opinion, Mahtomedi always seems to show up to play in the playoffs. Predictions?
Factsmatter1

Post by Factsmatter1 »

I hope this is the year for us STA homers to finally get one. I for one am really looking forward to the Tuesday section semi-final. Hopefully the STA luck will change against our two time nemesis...
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

STA 6-2
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

7-1 STA

No mercy.

8)
The Puck
LGW
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

6-2 STA, that is unless Ben Marshall sneaks on a jersey. :lol:
iseepalms

Game

Post by iseepalms »

Does it matter either way money wins, Go high school league. your sections and class designations are so confussing. Who is running that nut house? You do see at the top the poll shows Mahtomedi has a record of 12 wins and 12 losses.
MNpuck14

Post by MNpuck14 »

BigWorm wrote:6-2 STA, that is unless Ben Marshall sneaks on a jersey. :lol:
hahaha best post i have seen in a while. :lol:
Dangle Snipe n Celly
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Factsmatter1 wrote:I hope this is the year for us STA homers to finally get one. I for one am really looking forward to the Tuesday section semi-final. Hopefully the STA luck will change against our two time nemesis...
The big difference this year, that seems to be overlooked by many is that two years ago these two ended the season tying with the first meeting being an 8-5 St Thomas win and last year the teams split both losing their home game by the same score.

In neither season was Mahtomedi a huge underdog, if one at all depending on how you look at things. This year the scores were 6-1 and 5-1. While it would make for a great story, it's not too realistic.
MNpuck14

Re: Game

Post by MNpuck14 »

iseepalms wrote:Does it matter either way money wins, Go high school league. your sections and class designations are so confussing. Who is running that nut house? You do see at the top the poll shows Mahtomedi has a record of 12 wins and 12 losses.
Although Mahtomedi has a .500 record, they are still somewhat a threat. Maybe not as much as St. Thomas, but still they will sneak up on you. They had one of the harder schedules in state this year so I don't think we should say Mahtomedi has no chance becuase of their record. Still would be a big upset if they can somehow be oppurtunists and have Marshall playing on his head. The Zephyrs also need to have their top junior players May and Jordan to get some points on the board. But I still see STA winning this one.
Dangle Snipe n Celly
genosniper

Post by genosniper »

Mahtomedi beat a fairly good Chisago Lakes team. The will come into the game on Tuesday having some good confidence and momentum. If they can somehow get on the board early, they may put up a threat.

STA will have to come out flying and put in a couple right away to put the Zephyrs on their heels.

Will be a good game.

STA 5 - 3 is my prediction.
deacon

Post by deacon »

is this game on Tuesday?
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

deacon wrote:is this game on Tuesday?
yes, 6:00 @ Aldrich
north*hockey

Post by north*hockey »

STA 2 - Maht 0
HShockeywatcher

north*hockey wrote:STA 2 - Maht 0
STA 3-0 after 2

Man, the Zephyrs sure are takin' this one over 8)
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

4-0 STA

Ending seconds of the 3rd...

No upset here... :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

4-0 STA
Final

Lets hear the excuses, Mahtomedi backers! :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW
HShockeywatcher

PuckU126 wrote:4-0 STA

Ending seconds of the 3rd...

No upset here... :lol:

8)
Same as the last 2 years between these two teams... \:D/
north*hockey

Post by north*hockey »

You obviously have no idea about section 4a because you can almost ask anyone and forsure 2 years ago mahtomedi pulled off an UPSET. there is no question about that one even though they tied the last game. Last year would be the only one that could be up for debate. But with all the D1 prospects and talent STA had i would say STA was definitly the favorite
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

north*hockey wrote:You obviously have no idea about section 4a because you can almost ask anyone and forsure 2 years ago mahtomedi pulled off an UPSET. there is no question about that one even though they tied the last game. Last year would be the only one that could be up for debate. But with all the D1 prospects and talent STA had i would say STA was definitly the favorite
No one denied that...

Let's fast forward now to the present!

STA won, as expected.

8)
The Puck
LGW
HShockeywatcher

north*hockey wrote:You obviously have no idea about section 4a because you can almost ask anyone and forsure 2 years ago mahtomedi pulled off an UPSET. there is no question about that one even though they tied the last game. Last year would be the only one that could be up for debate. But with all the D1 prospects and talent STA had i would say STA was definitly the favorite
With a simple google search, every definition I found has a "heavily favored" team losing, the underdog winning, etc, etc.

A #3 seed beating a #1 seed is not that, especially not one they just tied.
A #2 seed beating a #1 seed is not that, especially not one they just beat.

Oh well, at least Mahtomedi kept it close tonight :shock: