Great 8

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
Getemupscout wrote:I've talked to a lot of scouts and most will not be attending. D3 schools will be the NAHL playoffs and Most D1 USHL . Tournament has lost a lot of luster.
UM-Lucia, SCSU-Motzko, MSU-Jutting, CC-Owens, BSU-Serratore, Butters-WI, UMD-?, M. Tech-?

Tons of NAHL and several USHL

Saw several NHL guys

I’m sure there were others I missed as I did not stay for the later games

Interesting there are so many D1 “head coaches” attending a tournament that you said has “lost its luster”
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> also saw DU there. =D>
Yale-Muse & Air Force-Serratore flew in today...

Getemupscout-which scouts you been talking to that are MIA?
Getemupscout

Post by Getemupscout »

Missing those that know:
north Dakota, Michigan, UMD, notre dame

:roll:
longrebound

Post by longrebound »

Getemupscout wrote:Missing those that know:

Cary Eades from North Dakota has been there both days. UMD had an assistant at the rink yesterday and Scott Sandelin there today.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

longrebound wrote:

Cary Eades from North Dakota has been there both days. UMD had an assistant at the rink yesterday and Scott Sandelin there today.
I think we have now confirmed how connected and knowledgeable Getemupscout actually is....
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

High Flyer wrote:
longrebound wrote:

I think we have now confirmed how connected and knowledgeable Getemupscout actually is....
Maybe he is talking about Alabama-Huntsville, AIC, and UConn? I can assure you they weren't in attendance...why waste their time on Minnesota "talent" haha
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

mn miracle man wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
longrebound wrote: Cary Eades from North Dakota has been there both days. UMD had an assistant at the rink yesterday and Scott Sandelin there today.
Maybe he is talking about Alabama-Huntsville, AIC, and UConn? I can assure you they weren't in attendance...why waste their time on Minnesota "talent" haha
UNH was there also. I'm sure there where others that I just didn't see.

It would be great of someone affliated with the Great 8 would actually post a list of the colleges, jr teams and pro teams who had a representitive there. Would be some good PR for the event for future years.
bbad

Post by bbad »

Who has committed or were offered tenders after this tourney. Were kids noticed that otherwise had been overlooked?