2AA Poll

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

2AA Champion?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:35 pm

#1 Edina
54%
#2 Burnsville
34%
#3 Prior Lake
5%
#4 Bloomington Jefferon
7%

Total votes: 41

shotpassskate

2AA Poll

Post by shotpassskate »

Who wins 2AA?

Will Edina repeat?
Some interesting match ups could happen in this section in the semi-finals, Edina vs. Jefferson and we could see Burnsville vs. AHA.
blueblood

2AA

Post by blueblood »

I don't think either of sps's 2AA semifinal predictions will pan out...
tonkafan77

Re: 2AA

Post by tonkafan77 »

blueblood wrote:I don't think either of sps's 2AA semifinal predictions will pan out...
I agree. I'm seeing an Edina/Chanhassen and Prior Lake/Burnsville as semifinal match ups. After that, I don't think Chan has a chance against the Hornets (although it'd be nice if they gave them a run for their money) and I see Burnsville cruising through to the final as well.

Burnsville 5
Edina 4
OT
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

There will be some upsets, whether one says they are big or small is the real question.
Chan will upset Jefferson
AHA will upset Prior Lake. Revenge from last year.

After that who knows??
Laker Guy

Post by Laker Guy »

Zam - I agree on Chan-Jefferson. I think PL will beat AHA, but this is a potential trouble game for them. They often play down to competition and AHA will have plenty to play for - revenge, as you say, and wanting to extend Coach Trebil's reign.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Let's be serious. No one will beat Edina here. Sorry Burnsville fans.
easton18

Post by easton18 »

Sats81 wrote:Let's be serious. No one will beat Edina here. Sorry Burnsville fans.
Just like Holy Angels in 2007 right? Edina may be the favorite on paper, but games aren't played on paper. If Mallon can get hot, Burnsville can beat Edina. Not saying it will happen, but its just one game, and anything can happen.
The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 »

anyone care to shed some light on the Jeff/Chan, AHA/PL games..?
The best, period
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

easton18 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Let's be serious. No one will beat Edina here. Sorry Burnsville fans.
Just like Holy Angels in 2007 right? Edina may be the favorite on paper, but games aren't played on paper. If Mallon can get hot, Burnsville can beat Edina. Not saying it will happen, but its just one game, and anything can happen.
You're right.

Its just hard to believe Burnsville will be the spoilers like they were in '07.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:anyone care to shed some light on the Jeff/Chan, AHA/PL games..?
What kind of "light?"

8)
The Puck
LGW
easton18

Post by easton18 »

PuckU126 wrote:
easton18 wrote:
You're right.

Its just hard to believe Burnsville will be the spoilers like they were in '07.

8)
Agreed, I think Burnsville gives Edina a tough test in the section final, but they're not quite deep enough to beat them unless Mallon stands on his head.
Laker Guy

Post by Laker Guy »

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:anyone care to shed some light on the Jeff/Chan, AHA/PL games..?
Prior Lake should win this game. However, they have been very inconsistent all year - wins over Wayzata and Lakeville South, but losses to Eastview and Hopkins. They are not as deep as they were early in the year due to injuries to key forwards, but their first line is very good and the second is certainly adequate. Maybe most importantly, the AHA "mystique" is gone after last year's sectional win. If they play to their capability, they will win. If they let AHA hang around, who knows.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

easton18 wrote:
Sure, anyone can get a win this time of year but based on Burnsvilles body of work and their last 6 wks it's doubtful they are playing at he X. Especially with their lack of depth.
Edgy

Post by Edgy »

Zamman wrote:There will be some upsets, whether one says they are big or small is the real question.

After that who knows??
Based on the accuracy of your previous predictions this year, looks like Jefferson and Prior Lake are in really good shape.... :lol: :lol:
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Edgy wrote:
Zamman wrote:There will be some upsets, whether one says they are big or small is the real question.

After that who knows??
Based on the accuracy of your previous predictions this year, looks like Jefferson and Prior Lake are in really good shape.... :lol: :lol:
So true :D

But I have to go with my team, never go against your team. As far as the Chan/BJ game, Chan is big and play touch. They have solid goaltending an just need a win or two to prove they are AA.

Burnsville in 07 was not as much of a spoiler as Apple Valley was in 06. AV played two twin towers next to solid goaltending and basically dumped the puck when ever they got a chance, even for icing to take AHA out of their game.
Edgy

Post by Edgy »

But I have to go with my team, never go against your team. As far as the Chan/BJ game, Chan is big and play touch. They have solid goaltending an just need a win or two to prove they are AA.

Burnsville in 07 was not as much of a spoiler as Apple Valley was in 06. AV played two twin towers next to solid goaltending and basically dumped the puck when ever they got a chance, even for icing to take AHA out of their game.[/quote]

I hear you - both games should be entertaining. Just had to stir the pot a little...
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

As I near the half century mark, I need to not let little things get to me.
I enjoy a good crack at me....and the STARS...
SilverStick

Post by SilverStick »

Zamman wrote:
Edgy wrote:

After that who knows??

Burnsville in 07 was not as much of a spoiler as Apple Valley was in 06. AV played two twin towers next to solid goaltending and basically dumped the puck when ever they got a chance, even for icing to take AHA out of their game.
Chan is graduating 11 seniors this year and 8 out of the top 10 point leaders on the team are seniors. Hopefully they can pull off an upset against Jefferson. I think Jefferson beat them 8-0 last year in sections.
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

My first round winners are Edina, Jefferson, Burnsville and AHA.

Second round Jefferson over Edina, AHA over Burnsville.

2AA Finals, The game we all wanted to see in the first round is now the finals.
AHA over Jefferson in a very well played fast paced game that goes to 3ot's with a Bloomington kid sending the Stars back to state.

I know I may have hit my head today at work but, I just have a feeling this is going to happen. You all are going to rip me for my picks but it is MO.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

shotpassskate wrote:My first round winners are Edina, Jefferson, Burnsville and AHA.

AHA over Jefferson in a very well played fast paced game that goes to 3ot's with a Bloomington kid sending the Stars back to state.

I know I may have hit my head today at work but, I just have a feeling this is going to happen. You all are going to rip me for my picks but it is MO.
You are crazy :lol:
SilverStick

Post by SilverStick »

shotpassskate wrote:My first round winners are Edina, Jefferson, Burnsville and AHA.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid? If that prediction comes true, you'd better hurry to Mistake Lake and place some bets.
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

SilverStick wrote:

Did you eat paint chips as a kid? If that prediction comes true, you'd better hurry to Mistake Lake and place some bets.
Gambling is illegal at Buschwood, but I will be next door to the Mistake by the Lake on Thursday night.
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

Zamman wrote:As I near the half century mark, I need to not let little things get to me.
I enjoy a good crack at me....and the STARS...
Zamman I will take all the heat for you.
transferprobs

Post by transferprobs »

AHA lost to prior lake last year even with a good team they'll give them a run for their money this year
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

You know I really like this :P