Providence Academy

Froomcat

Providence Academy

Post by Froomcat »

I drove by there last year and couldn't believe their campus. They are right down the road from Wayzata HS on Schmidt Lake Road in Plymouth.<br><br>I think with the 3rd sheet they put in at Plymouth Ice Center and the hundreds of players from Wayzata Youth Hockey that are out there, they should really be able to put a heck of a program together.<br><br>Do they have former Wayzata coaches running their program? <p></p><i></i>
Ahockeyfan

Providence

Post by Ahockeyfan »

The Anderson family, who has financially supported the Breck hockey program by financing foreign and other local players and which their arena is named (Breck School Anderson Ice Arena), pulled their children out of Breck over the summer and transfered them to Providence. I don't know if the Providence program will benefit from this in the future... but it can't be good for the Breck program <p></p><i></i>
PAMESH

Re: Providence

Post by PAMESH »

Hal Turse(check spelling) is the coach he coached the Wayzata Bantam team for a number of years. <p></p><i></i>
wallcee1959

Providence Academy

Post by wallcee1959 »

yea there program right now is nothing but in a couple years I could see them to be competitive with the good A and AA teams in the state. time will tell... and how much work they put into recruiting etc. <p></p><i></i>
JJPuck

Re: Providence Academy

Post by JJPuck »

I had a chance to see some of the Totino game and Providence was very competitive. They have some very good forwards, they are just young and small. They had 3 hurt kids on the bench and I think 12-13 kids skating. In the end, Totino wore them down, but not without a fight. It was tied well into the 3rd period, I think. They had an 8th grade goalie that was VERY good. I believe they have a bright future. <p></p><i></i>
Bart82

Post by Bart82 »

Ahockeyfan,<br><br>Any word on why the Anderson family removed their support from Brec? Or did they just remove their kids; not their support?<br><br>An "emerging" Providence Academy cannot be good news for Benilde, Totino, Breck, et. al.(?) as those schools have traditionally drawn from the Plymouth and Maple Grove school districts.<br><br>The impact on Wayzata I guess is too obvious tostate - oops, I just stated the obvious. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... >Bart82</A> at: 12/19/05 1:27 pm<br></i>
Hockisbest

Post by Hockisbest »

"yea there program right now is nothing but in a couple years I could see them to be competitive with the good A and AA teams in the state. time will tell... and how much work they put into recruiting etc."<br><br>Did he say "recruiting"? <p></p><i></i>
MNLIGHT39

Post by MNLIGHT39 »

Yah Providence has an 8th grade goalie in Mike Taffe. This is his 2nd year as an 8th grader. He is an old 91. He would be an average/old freshman... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... LIGHT39</A> at: 12/19/05 2:14 pm<br></i>
mnhockey39

Post by mnhockey39 »

Providence Academy should count their blessings! Mr. Lee Anderson is a prominent Twin Cities businessman who takes pride in supporting the youth of Minnesota and the great game of hockey! However, he supports many other programs in Minnesota as well! His heart is in the right place and I for one would like to thank Lee for his contributions to society as well.<br><br>Regards,<br>mnhockey39<br> <p></p><i></i>
JJPuck

Post by JJPuck »

Is Mike Taffe related to Jeff Taffe? Hockey must run in the family. He is a fundamentally-sound, mature goalie for an 8th grader. <p></p><i></i>