Who Wins AA Now?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which team left wins?

Hill-Murray
23%
Moorhead
14%
Lakeville South
23%
Benilde-St. Margaret's
41%

Total votes: 74

warriors41

Who Wins AA Now?

Post by warriors41 »

All the top dogs lost tonight so literally any team left can take it home. Any thought on who takes advantage of this great opportunity? Personally, in situations like this I'll take the hottest goalie and the best one I saw today was Bitzer. I'll go out on a limb and say Moorhead finally takes the big one home this year.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Could someone edit the poll? BSM didn't show up for some reason
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

warriors41 wrote:Could someone edit the poll? BSM didn't show up for some reason
Lee, Karl?

8)
The Puck
LGW
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

PuckU126 wrote:
warriors41 wrote:Could someone edit the poll? BSM didn't show up for some reason
Lee, Karl?

8)
Got it.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Looking forward to that Moorhead/Benilde St Margarets final, BSM just has too much going for them right now to be stopped.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

H-M or Benilde will take it. I also think it'll be an all-private school championship game.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Hill-Murray vs. Benilde St. Margaret's is my prediction for the final. I picked this before the tournament even started. Both teams had a very strong showing today, and I think that they'll both bring home big wins tomorrow night. I realize that everybody will piss and moan about an all private AA final, but how could you not be excited to watch that game? Two great teams, great coaches, and great fan bases. With that, I think that the coaching advantage is in Hill-Murray's favor and I think that they're going to bring home their fourth state championship this year.
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Hermantown. Still want the old school one class.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

UntouchableFlow wrote:. I realize that everybody will piss and moan about an all private AA final, but how could you not be excited to watch that game?
Most would complain and say that privates need their own tournament now and ignore the fact that if public schools just took care of business being the seeded teams we wouldn't be in this situation :)
PrivateSchoolPastor

Post by PrivateSchoolPastor »

warriors41 wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:. I realize that everybody will piss and moan about an all private AA final, but how could you not be excited to watch that game?
Most would complain and say that privates need their own tournament now and ignore the fact that if public schools just took care of business being the seeded teams we wouldn't be in this situation :)

Well, my dream state tourney would be:

AHA CDH BSM and Hill Murray

but it wouldnt be any fun without seeing private schools breaking the hearts of the public schools that hate them so much!

BSM vs Hill Final!! LETS GO!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

A Drunk Pastor? Haven't seen one of those in awhile.

Sounds like Pete.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
CRS

Post by CRS »

I'm hoping that it'll be a South-Moorhead final. If that happens I really don't mind either team winning.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

east hockey wrote:A Drunk Pastor? Haven't seen one of those in awhile.

Sounds like Pete.

Lee
lol, I'd like to see anybody but Hill win it. BSM definitely has my sympathy vote, it'd be a great end to this season to win it for Jabs. Moorhead is the most northern team left, so go Spuds! (and that they've never won). Can LS keep the tide rolling with another big win over BSM? Can't wait to watch it all unfold.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

I would like to think I knew a thing or two, but after yesterday I clearly don't. I think HM has the best shot now.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

I hate to say it, but I think BSM is the favorite now.....I'll be rooting for Moorhead, however.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Better be careful, folks. Would venture to guess most of these predictors, just like me, would have bet the farm on Eagan and East yesterday, too.

(Contrary to popular belief, crow DOES NOT taste like chicken !)
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

its pretty much a done deal

Benilde-St. Margaret's will beat hill by a goal tomorrow night in a hard fought good sportsmanship classy type of game..
EastMetro Hockey10

Post by EastMetro Hockey10 »

I'm gonna cheer for Moorhead for the rest of the tourney but, unfortunately I think Hill is gonna win it all. They really looked like they were clicking yesterday.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Moorhead has the best goalie, so they have an edge.
HM has the best coach, so they have an edge
LS pulled the impossible, so they are n the edge
BSM has an angel on their shoulder, a good edge

I am guessing the final will be HM v BSM with HM pulling it out.
mulesrbest

Post by mulesrbest »

Defense and goalies will win this tournament and the best goalie is Bitzer from Moorhead, best defensemen/defensive team is Benilde.

Can see them playing in the finals!

Just too much from Benilde, Jack and the higher up and it would be a fitting end to this great tournament to see Jack holding the trophy with his teammates on Saturday night!!!

BELIEVE!
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Lakeville South 3
BSM 2
Double OT, Kloos gets the game-winner

HM 3
Moorhead 1
Empty netter

Championship:

HM 5
Lakeville South 2
ticktacktonka

Post by ticktacktonka »

Mulesrbest: Benilde has strongest defense? I'd say that is still their biggest weakness. Although both their goalies seem to be playing their best hockey right now.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

ticktacktonka wrote:Mulesrbest: Benilde has strongest defense? I'd say that is still their biggest weakness. Although both their goalies seem to be playing their best hockey right now.
Maybe he meant physically the strongest. Like, then can bench press a lot :wink:
gorilla1

Post by gorilla1 »

BSM D is playingverygood right now and so is their goalie. They are the best team left, but yesterday proves there's no guarantees.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

The thing that worried me last night about BSM was that they took a lot of penalties, including a stupid one at the end that could have been disastrous. I'm picking BSM in their game tonight and Moorhead in theirs. With that said, Moorhead gets a few PP goals and Bitzer stands on his head and the Spuds win by a score of 2-1.