State A Semifinal: [3] Breck vs [2] St. Thomas Academy

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

St. Thomas Academy
69%
Breck
31%

Total votes: 29

deacon

Post by deacon »

thestickler07 wrote:Fact: Having girls at your school doesn't increase your chances of winning hockey games.
I lol'd
goalie'sdad

Post by goalie'sdad »

thestickler07 wrote:Fact: Having girls at your school doesn't increase your chances of winning hockey games.
No but does increase your chance of scoring :D
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

goalie'sdad wrote:
That's a knee slapper.
SChockey

Post by SChockey »

goalie'sdad wrote:
That was good. :lol:
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

But it makes it a lot better if you do lose :wink:
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

They also have boys dressed in girls clothing. :roll:
saucepass

Played like girls

Post by saucepass »

Mr hockey played like he was wearing pink. Looks like they should stay in A until they learn how to play tough nose AA hockey.

They lost game because lack of back-checking and hustle by all.......
mnhockeybum

Post by mnhockeybum »

The suspect Breck goaltending/defensemen that everyone has been talking about all year long, played their best game all season. They gave Breck a great chance to win this one.

Who could have predicted that Breck's all-star lineup of forwards
wouldn't show up to play?

What happened to Breck scoring 7-8 goals per game?
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

mnhockeybum wrote:The suspect Breck goaltending/defensemen that everyone has been talking about all year long, played their best game all season. They gave Breck a great chance to win this one.

STA's defense.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

thestickler07 wrote:
mnhockeybum wrote:The suspect Breck goaltending/defensemen that everyone has been talking about all year long, played their best game all season. They gave Breck a great chance to win this one.

STA's defense.
Well said, Breck and Hermantown have been winning with their offense all season and St Thomas has been doing it with their defense. Tomorrow will likely be similar.
Mite-dad wrote:They also have boys dressed in girls clothing. :roll:
That was actually Breck...
saucepass

Post by saucepass »

Why didn't Breck ice the puck in the last 4-5 minutes to get a face off? Their best defensemen sat in the box the last 6 minutes of the game?

Did anyone else notice that pulling the goalie wasnt even considered at the 1:00 mark when puck was in STA end? Even with 35 seconds it looked like the goalie started skating off without coaches direction.

If I were a parent or alumni, I would sure hope they find a competent coach to run a top notch program.
pucker52

Post by pucker52 »

saucepass wrote:Why didn't Breck ice the puck in the last 4-5 minutes to get a face off? Their best defensemen sat in the box the last 6 minutes of the game?

Did anyone else notice that pulling the goalie wasnt even considered at the 1:00 mark when puck was in STA end? Even with 35 seconds it looked like the goalie started skating off without coaches direction.

If I were a parent or alumni, I would sure hope they find a competent coach to run a top notch program.
Les Larson is no Wally Chapman. And Jr. doesn't have a clue. The goalie coach has the ability of the stick the goalie carries. Kinney might as well ask his stick if he should go to the bench. He would get as much guidance. To quote another thread when discussing why Breck wouldn't win, you still have the same coaching staff.
Shuck the puck!!!
hockeyrocks

Post by hockeyrocks »

pucker52 wrote:
saucepass wrote:Why didn't Breck ice the puck in the last 4-5 minutes to get a face off? Their best defensemen sat in the box the last 6 minutes of the game?

Les Larson is no Wally Chapman. And Jr. doesn't have a clue. The goalie coach has the ability of the stick the goalie carries. Kinney might as well ask his stick if he should go to the bench. He would get as much guidance. To quote another thread when discussing why Breck wouldn't win, you still have the same coaching staff.
Agree. The Larsons looked like deer in the headlights. I think everyone watching was wondering why wouldn't he give his team some direction at that critical point in the game with their Captain and best defenseman rotting away for 6 minutes in the penalty box and then not pulling the goalie. When the goalie finally made his way towards the bench it almost looked like Larson looked at him like he was doing something wrong.

It appears that Breck went from having one of the best, most proven and respected coaches in the state in Wally Chapman to a father/son tandem with no apparent real pedigree or knowledge to take over one of the states premier hockey programs. I guess you could say that Clue-Les Larson (reportadly the nickname some of the players and parents had given him) may have had the good fortune of inheriting a group if kids in '09 and '10 that had enough talent from top to bottom to win it twice without the help of great coaching.

Anyway you look at it, this is good for the publics and the rest of section 2A going forward as it looks like Brecks years of dominance will be coming to an end!!! Now if STA would just grow a pair and move up, evrything would be good in the world!!!!