Tonka vs. Ep

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who ya got?

skippers
50%
eagles
50%

Total votes: 10

blueblood

Tonka vs. Ep

Post by blueblood »

Tonka looks to sweep first half of Lake conference schedule with a win at home vs. Ep.

Ep looking to stay above .500 with a win and keep their chances for hosting HF at the EPCC come playoff time in the 4 vs. 5 Section 6AA QF's.

Note: that projected game along with the Section 7AA QF game will be worth the price of admission.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few HF players at this game tonite doing some scouting
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Skips are on a roll. The only team they've lost to at home in 4 years is Edina so I'm gonna take the men in blue 5-2.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

tonkafan77 wrote:Skips are on a roll. The only team they've lost to at home in 4 years is Edina so I'm gonna take the men in blue 5-2.
Okay, I'll play devils advocate. I will take EP 4-2 in this one..
zyzxx

Post by zyzxx »

SuperStar wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:Skips are on a roll. The only team they've lost to at home in 4 years is Edina so I'm gonna take the men in blue 5-2.
Okay, I'll play devils advocate. I will take EP 4-2 in this one..
Any expansion on this pick besides being "devils advocate?"
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

No
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

Tonka is the clear favorite coming in, but EP is coming off their best win of the year and a great effort against Wayzata. To win, EP needs to stay of out the box and get great goaltending.

EP 4
Tonka 2
blueblood

Tonka vs. Ep

Post by blueblood »

SuperStar is a former Ep fan and now avid supporter of the Fire :wink:
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

Eden Prairie rolled over Jefferson, and looked great doing it. Offensive was solid and spread around, defense played well and disciplined, and goaltending was great. I'll take the Eagles 3-2 in an physical, fast paced game.
SuperStar

Re: Tonka vs. Ep

Post by SuperStar »

blueblood wrote:SuperStar is a former Ep fan and now avid supporter of the Fire :wink:
Right on Blueblood....! But in this game I just have a hunch, its gonna be EP.
zyzxx

Post by zyzxx »

Metrohockeyfan wrote:Eden Prairie rolled over Jefferson, and looked great doing it. Offensive was solid and spread around, defense played well and disciplined, and goaltending was great. I'll take the Eagles 3-2 in an physical, fast paced game.
I only saw part of the game; EP outshot Jefferson about 2:1; I really didnt see any great scoring opportunities for Jefferson averted by "great goaltending" - I did see a puck trickle in by the EP goalie. I thought the Jefferson goalie has had some better games...

Which goalie played great?
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

You're correct, great may have been a stretch, but very good. Made a few big saves, and didn't allow many rebound chances. I believe it was Gerdes, giving Kielly the night off (if FSN prep zone was correct).
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Very entertaining game! Tonka dominated the first period, EP dominated the second, and the third was pretty back and forth with a couple bounces going Minnetonka's way. (Coatta's goal to go up 4-3 may have been the coolest goal I've seen all year).

EP has definitely improved since the last time I saw them; they'll be a force to be reckoned with later in Lake Conference play.

Also, congratulations to Austin Burt! Quite the week for him- player of the game versus Wayzata because of his game winning goal and a hat trick tonight against EP. Tonka's third line has really been rollin these past few games!
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

You know, it was a great game until the refs got involved. late in the third, one of the Tonka players goes down after a clean hit from Warner (no penalty called). Tonka coach goes nuts complaining I guess about how his pretty boys are getting beaten up by warner. Guess who gets a penalty about 1 minute later for what appeared to be a clean hit on Coatta. You guessed it Warner. Tonka scored on the PP and it was over.

I guess you can't fault the Tonka coach, but if you don't want your boys getting hit, you may want to check as it may not be too late to switch to tennis.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

hockey4ever wrote:You know, it was a great game until the refs got involved. late in the third, one of the Tonka players goes down after a clean hit from Warner (no penalty called). Tonka coach goes nuts complaining I guess about how his pretty boys are getting beaten up by warner. Guess who gets a penalty about 1 minute later for what appeared to be a clean hit on Coatta. You guessed it Warner. Tonka scored on the PP and it was over.

I guess you can't fault the Tonka coach, but if you don't want your boys getting hit, you may want to check as it may not be too late to switch to tennis.
Warner slashed Thie along the boards sending his glove and stick flying halfway across the ice...I would've been angry as well. Ive never seen Urick get that upset thus far this season.

And his hit against Coatta...it was an elbow and head contact. Take your pick.

Gotta feel bad for those "pretty boys" in Minnetonka. Those EP boys two miles to the right of Pagel must be so tough :roll:
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

I guess his tactic worked as he got the call.
iwatchalotofhockey

Highlights link from tonight's game

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

Please click below to see the highlights from the game.

http://pointstreak.com/flashapp/index_h ... id=2097645

Lots of hard hits and fast paced action with some great scoring opportunites from both teams. Definately a playoff type atmosphere was in the building tonight.

Sid from MnHockeyCenter
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

tonkafan77 wrote:
hockey4ever wrote:You know, it was a great game until the refs got involved. late in the third, one of the Tonka players goes down after a clean hit from Warner (no penalty called). Tonka coach goes nuts complaining I guess about how his pretty boys are getting beaten up by warner. Guess who gets a penalty about 1 minute later for what appeared to be a clean hit on Coatta. You guessed it Warner. Tonka scored on the PP and it was over.

Warner slashed Thie along the boards sending his glove and stick flying halfway across the ice...I would've been angry as well. Ive never seen Urick get that upset thus far this season.

Gotta feel bad for those "pretty boys" in Minnetonka. Those EP boys two miles to the right of Pagel must be so tough :roll:
Tonight, yes the EP boys were much more physical and tough. I agree with hockey4ever, both hits looked clean to me.
green4

Post by green4 »

tonkafan77 wrote:

From what i have noticed from Warner is he is a solid player who is great in his own zone but sometimes looks like he likes to play checking more then he does Hockey, and i think if he focused more on the game he could be one very good hockey player but until then he is just a solid player.. in my eyes at least
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

If you watch the replay of the Warner hit on Coatta, it looks like there is a ref directly next to Warner where the hits happens. No call from him. The ref way behind the play made the call. Once again it had everything to do with the Tonka coach bitching about his players getting beat up. Too bad as that PP goal had a huge impact on the final score.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

hockey4ever wrote:Once again it had everything to do with the Tonka coach bitching about his players getting beat up.
Yeah, except you don't know that. You sound like that dope Kristo who called the Gophers something similar your pathetic pretty boy comment, as if EP isn't a community with loaded families.
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

You don't think it had anything to do with the Tonka coach complaining? Then why didn't the ref standing right in front of the hit make the call?
green4

Post by green4 »

hockey4ever wrote:If you watch the replay of the Warner hit on Coatta, it looks like there is a ref directly next to Warner where the hits happens. No call from him. The ref way behind the play made the call. Once again it had everything to do with the Tonka coach bitching about his players getting beat up. Too bad as that PP goal had a huge impact on the final score.
I watched the hit and i think it was clean, elbow caught him in the head but that was more of coatta having his head down so i think that was a hard clean hit but i can see where a penalty would be called. I mean i think it was clean but im not surprised that they called it. But if you check the highlights Warner has 6 or 7 hits and he got away with a a couple i think so in the end i think it evened out
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

hockey4ever wrote:You don't think it had anything to do with the Tonka coach complaining? Then why didn't the ref standing right in front of the hit make the call?
When you refer to one team as "pretty boys" when the other is Eden Prairie I have to question your objectivity on what you claim transpired. And all coaches jump on the refs in an effort to gain an edge in calls, this should not be a surprise nor a cause for ridicule. But yeah, pretty boys. :roll:
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

What does EP having loaded families have anything to do with my comment? The comment had to do with the Tonka coach complaining about a Warner hit, then within 1-2 minutes Warner gets a penalty (not called by the ref standing directly in front of the hit, but the one way behind the play). Of course it had to do with the Tonka coaches complaining.
blueblood

tonka vs. Ep

Post by blueblood »

Have you ever been to an Ep game? Coach Smith isn't quiet on the bench. Get over it...