Tonka vs. Ep

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who ya got?

skippers
50%
eagles
50%

Total votes: 10

iwatchalotofhockey

Check out the MnHockeyCenter highlights on the hits

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

If you are curious about any hits I clipped quite a few tonight and I am not saying either way if I feel they are or aren't penalizable plays. You can judge for yourselves but clicking on and searching by scrolling down for hit highlights. Plus alot of others highlights of course but this topic spurned my emphasis on pointing out to those on the forum to check our highlights out in general again

http://pointstreak.com/flashapp/index_h ... id=2097645
observer

Post by observer »

Warner sometimes looks like he likes to play checking more then he does Hockey
Total butcher
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

Warner had 5 or 6 big hits on Tonka players tonight. To my knowledge none were called for penalties. Late in the game Warner hits a Tonka player with what looked like a clean, open ice hit. Tonka player stays down and eventually skates off. Tonka coach complains and 1-2 minutes later Warner takes a penalty that leads to a critical Tonka PP goal. Do I think it had to do with the Tonka coach complaining - yes I do.
green4

Post by green4 »

observer wrote:
Warner sometimes looks like he likes to play checking more then he does Hockey
Total butcher
Warner is a butcher or my comment?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

hockey4ever wrote:What does EP having loaded families have anything to do with my comment?
You referring to Tonka players as pretty boys. What does a coach doing his job have to do with calling his players pretty boys? Do you not read what you've typed before hitting, "Submit"?
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

I ready every word. My point is Warner had several big hits on Tonka players, none of which were called, until the Tonka coach complains. Pretty boy comment may have been extreme, but the point is pretty much immediately after the Tonka coach complains, a penalty is called on Warner, and not by the ref skating directly in front of the hit, but by the one way behind the play. Like I said the Tonka coach's complaining worked, I just think it was a terrible time in a very good hockey game.

I'm done with this topic. Time to move on.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

hockey4ever wrote:I ready every word. My point is Warner had several big hits on Tonka players, none of which were called, until the Tonka coach complains. Pretty boy comment may have been extreme, but the point is pretty much immediately after the Tonka coach complains, a penalty is called on Warner, and not by the ref skating directly in front of the hit, but by the one way behind the play. Like I said the Tonka coach's complaining worked, I just think it was a terrible time in a very good hockey game.

I'm done with this topic. Time to move on.
No, please tell us one more time. :roll:
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

Regardless of anyone's opinion on the hit, this was one of the best high school games I've seen all year.