Eden Prairie vs Benilde St Margaret's

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

iwatchalotofhockey

Eden Prairie vs Benilde St Margaret's

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

Well another good game to watch prior to the snow coming this evening.

Tune in and watch as Pete, Bart and I (sid) cover the game live with as usual highlights and great game day play by play and color.

I wanna hear your feedback of the game and would like to hear from you during the game so email us at: booth@grandstadium.tv or tweet message @mnhockeycenter.

Can EP get the win and some momentum? Or will BSM keep on rolling and keep motoring on all cylinders into the playoffs??

www.MnHockeyCenter.com
Enjoy the game starts at 3:00PM.
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

I think the difference in this game will be defense and goaltending. I'll take the upset, Eagles 4-3.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

Think it will be very good game, EP is a stealth team to me as if they are back to full strength they can beat anyone straight up.
iwatchalotofhockey

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

MetroHockey fan I couldn't agree with you more about the goaltending being key. This time fo the year you have to step it up as Dfense wins and goaltending being a huge part of it. Gotta start jumping on back of a tender as a team this late in season.

So on that note we will see who EP puts between the pipes today.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Does Ken Pauly even know what the word "class" means?

His little performance halfway through the FIRST period of the game while Benilde is up 2-0 was just flat out embarrassing. Even the Benilde fans were telling him to shut up.

Where was the EP student section to chant, "He's a Psycho?!"
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

After that first period I thought EP might be overmatched. Second period they got it going! Could have scored a bunch but Sprang held 'em to 1.
3-1 after 2
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

tonkafan77 wrote:Does Ken Pauly even know what the word "class" means?

His little performance halfway through the FIRST period of the game while Benilde is up 2-0 was just flat out embarrassing. Even the Benilde fans were telling him to shut up.

Where was the EP student section to chant, "He's a Psycho?!"
What'd he do?
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

mine says Stream not available
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

He had one of his usual episodes....

Two players got entangled after a play and fell behind the net. Both got up, #3 on Benilde shoves the EP player into the boards and skates away- no penalties assessed either way. Pauly puts one foot on the boards and screams for the ref to come over and starts yelling his mind out at him. When the ref doesn't call anything, Pauly yells "TIME OUT THEN, DAMMIT, TIME OUT". Keep in mind, this is in the first period while Benilde is up 2-0. Also keep in mind that the referee was two feet away from Pauly, but everyone in the arena could hear him yell for a "Time Out". Just classic Pauly letting his emotions get the better of him...usually it is over a more significant play though.

That being said, Benilde dominated the first half of the game while EP dominated the second half. Very entertaining game to watch at the EPCC. Chances are high that these teams will meet again in the Semifinals-should be a great one.
zyzxx

Post by zyzxx »

Metrohockeyfan wrote:I think the difference in this game will be defense and goaltending. I'll take the upset, Eagles 4-3.

You are correct, great goaltending by Sprang made all the difference in the second half the game when EP came out hard. Many great saves kept BSM ahead. Great performance!

Does anyone know why the younger Graham brother chose to play for EP rather than join his big brother at BSM?
celly93

Post by celly93 »

zyzxx wrote:
Metrohockeyfan wrote:I think the difference in this game will be defense and goaltending. I'll take the upset, Eagles 4-3.

You are correct, great goaltending by Sprang made all the difference in the second half the game when EP came out hard. Many great saves kept BSM ahead. Great performance!

Does anyone know why the younger Graham brother chose to play for EP rather than join his big brother at BSM?
I thought I heard Pete Waggoner once say that Patrick preferred the smaller size of his dad's alma mater and that Michael liked the atmosphere of a bigger school.
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

Excellent hockey game. Both goalies (Sprang and Gerdes), played very well. Looked like BSM was going to roll early but EP really dug deep and battled hard. EP hit the post with about 6 seconds left. Would be great to see these teams play again.
puck81

Post by puck81 »

tonkafan77 wrote:He had one of his usual episodes....

Two players got entangled after a play and fell behind the net. Both got up, #3 on Benilde shoves the EP player into the boards and skates away- no penalties assessed either way. Pauly puts one foot on the boards and screams for the ref to come over and starts yelling his mind out at him. When the ref doesn't call anything, Pauly yells "TIME OUT THEN, DAMMIT, TIME OUT". Keep in mind, this is in the first period while Benilde is up 2-0. Also keep in mind that the referee was two feet away from Pauly, but everyone in the arena could hear him yell for a "Time Out". Just classic Pauly letting his emotions get the better of him...usually it is over a more significant play though.

That being said, Benilde dominated the first half of the game while EP dominated the second half. Very entertaining game to watch at the EPCC. Chances are high that these teams will meet again in the Semifinals-should be a great one.
I was at the game sitting in the BSM section and did not hear one fan telling Pauly to shut up. He did yell time out but not time out damn it as you claim. Emotions are part of the game. You must not have watched the EP ast. coach chewing out the refs like school boys at the end of the 2nd period whining about the refs performance. Real class act. You would think you tonka folks would apreciate Pauly more. He took over your program that stunk and took you to your first state tourny (2006) since the early 90's and installed some pride in those kids. I think your just upset with Pauly because BSM has owned you guys the last two games they have played you.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

The dispute was about a line change. That said the time out was stupid.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

puck81 wrote:

I was at the game sitting in the BSM section and did not hear one fan telling Pauly to shut up. He did yell time out but not time out damn it as you claim. Emotions are part of the game. You must not have watched the EP ast. coach chewing out the refs like school boys at the end of the 2nd period whining about the refs performance. Real class act. You would think you tonka folks would apreciate Pauly more. He took over your program that stunk and took you to your first state tourny (2006) since the early 90's and installed some pride in those kids. I think your just upset with Pauly because BSM has owned you guys the last two games they have played you.
How many times have people posted on here about Pauly's classless actions on the bench? After every game? It's not just me- it's everyone.

And I'm not condoning EP's coach's actions; I merely pointed out that Pauly had yet another one of his episodes.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

People always post about Pauly because he wins, lots of jealous people. Who wouldn't want to play for a coach that stands up for his players, has great passion and gets the most out of the kids.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I don't care of his antics, but his nothing to do with his winning. There are plenty of winning coaches in HS that didn't rub people the way Pauly does.
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

One of the better high school hockey games I've seen. Ton of skill on the ice. Great goaltending from both teams made for a fantastic game. The atmosphere at the EPCC was also great. If EP gets by Holy Family in the section quarterfinals, this will probably be the best section semi-final of the year.
Hockey Fever

Post by Hockey Fever »

The reason that Pauly was upset was that the EP player held Lawton's stick. After Lawton let go of the stick, the EP player broke it on purpose. Lawton retrieved his stick and then was not allowed to change as EP had already changed. That's why he was upset and called the timeout so that Lawton could rest before continuing. Why no call by the officials?

Why wasn't there a call on the headshot that knocked out a BSM player? Some of you just can't stand the fact that Pauly has a successful program. You come on here and blast away without all the facts, or make stuff up. Bitter much TF?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hockey Fever wrote:Some of you just can't stand the fact that Pauly has a successful program.
The mantra of a losing position.
Wside

Post by Wside »

Hockey Fever wrote:The reason that Pauly was upset was that the EP player held Lawton's stick. After Lawton let go of the stick, the EP player broke it on purpose. Lawton retrieved his stick and then was not allowed to change as EP had already changed. That's why he was upset and called the timeout so that Lawton could rest before continuing. Why no call by the officials?

Why wasn't there a call on the headshot that knocked out a BSM player? Some of you just can't stand the fact that Pauly has a successful program. You come on here and blast away without all the facts, or make stuff up. Bitter much TF?
The head shot was applied by Hunter Warner 1/2 zone behind the play with no time left in the game. He is a complete goon. He did the same crap in the Mtka game.
OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond »

Wside wrote:
Hockey Fever wrote:The reason that Pauly was upset was that the EP player held Lawton's stick. After Lawton let go of the stick, the EP player broke it on purpose. Lawton retrieved his stick and then was not allowed to change as EP had already changed. That's why he was upset and called the timeout so that Lawton could rest before continuing. Why no call by the officials?

The head shot was applied by Hunter Warner 1/2 zone behind the play with no time left in the game. He is a complete goon. He did the same crap in the Mtka game.
Didn't see this play, but not true in the Tonka game.

I would agree that Warner was out of control in the Elite league, but he has been much better in the HS season...Physical but not out of control.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

who got hurt for Benilde
HSHockeyFan101

Post by HSHockeyFan101 »

minnscout wrote:who got hurt for Benilde
I believe it was Patrick Graham if I'm not mistaken, there's a quick video clip of it on mnhockeycenter. Pretty Cheap hit if you ask me.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Juat watched the replay, that was dirty. Warner was give a 5 minute major and game. Almost as bad as Knudson's hit against Grand Rapids, he should have got 5 games minimum with that flying elbow to the head after he lined the GR player up from across the ice.