Section 6AA: #5 Holy Family at #4 Eden Prairie 2/21

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

#4 Eden Prairie
63%
#5 Holy Family
37%

Total votes: 46

starmvp

Section 6AA: #5 Holy Family at #4 Eden Prairie 2/21

Post by starmvp »

Section 6AA and 2AA always have great matchups with the #4 and #5 seeds. Can Holy Family knock off a recovering Eden Prairie team?
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

In my opinion, this will be the best quarter-final game of the year. I see this game determining the 6AA champion. If EP wins, I think they head to the X. If Holy Family pulls it off, I see BSM heading back for 2 straight.
blueblood

6AA QF

Post by blueblood »

Lots of intrigue with this game

1) Ep was a top 3 preseason pick, but didn't put up the win totals that were expected.
2) Ep lost last years QF game to Armstrong. If they lose again is coach Smith on the hot seat?
3) HF goalie returns to EPCC to take on his former teammates
4) Can HF breakthrough in AA
5) Is this the end of Gersich and Peterson?

My Prediction:

Ep - 4 (OT)
HF - 3
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

No upset here....4-1 Eagles.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

While HF will have the best player on the ice, EP will have the best team on the ice...EP 5-2

EP, despite their record, is one of the best teams in the state and frankly, they can win this section..Good luck to Gersich in Juniors (assuming this is his last HS game)
OU812

Post by OU812 »

I'll take HF. Seems like Gersich and Peterson are rolling - 22 points between them just in the last 48 hours of the regular season - so no disrespect to EP, but the Fire will take this one.
blueblood

HF

Post by blueblood »

22 points against class A teams.
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

OU812 wrote:I'll take HF. Seems like Gersich and Peterson are rolling - 22 points between them just in the last 48 hours of the regular season - so no disrespect to EP, but the Fire will take this one.
I'd take a 3-1 win against Edina over 15 points between 2 players against Litchfield any day. EP 4-2.
Awil95

Post by Awil95 »

Metrohockeyfan wrote:
OU812 wrote:I'll take HF. Seems like Gersich and Peterson are rolling - 22 points between them just in the last 48 hours of the regular season - so no disrespect to EP, but the Fire will take this one.
I'd take a 3-1 win against Edina over 15 points between 2 players against Litchfield any day. EP 4-2.
I'm going to take hf in this one . Hf lost 7-5 (6-5 ) + empty net goal and ep lost 3-2 both bsm goalies were the same I believe . Hf 5 ep 3 (empty net goal at the end )
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

Awil95 wrote:
Metrohockeyfan wrote:
I'm going to take hf in this one . Hf lost 7-5 (6-5 ) + empty net goal and ep lost 3-2 both bsm goalies were the same I believe . Hf 5 ep 3 (empty net goal at the end )
Not really seeing the logic here?
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

eagles137 wrote:
Awil95 wrote:
Metrohockeyfan wrote: I'd take a 3-1 win against Edina over 15 points between 2 players against Litchfield any day. EP 4-2.
Neither do I. Easier to explain only scoring 2 goals (hot goalie) then it is to explain giving up 7, which wasn't because of an off night by LaCombe. He played great against BSM.
Awil95

Post by Awil95 »

Metrohockeyfan wrote:
eagles137 wrote:
Awil95 wrote: I'm going to take hf in this one . Hf lost 7-5 (6-5 ) + empty net goal and ep lost 3-2 both bsm goalies were the same I believe . Hf 5 ep 3 (empty net goal at the end )
Neither do I. Easier to explain only scoring 2 goals (hot goalie) then it is to explain giving up 7, which wasn't because of an off night by LaCombe. He played great against BSM.
Hf scored 5 while ep only scored 2
Hf let in 5 ep let in 3 it will be a close game but I guess I'm a more in favor of hf ( play on the jv team )
urban iceman

Re: f

Post by urban iceman »

Tenoverpar wrote:While HF will have the best player on the ice, EP will have the best team on the ice...EP 5-2

EP, despite their record, is one of the best teams in the state and frankly, they can win this section..Good luck to Gersich in Juniors (assuming this is his last HS game)
:lol: :roll:
blueblood

awil

Post by blueblood »

Wow, I guess the HF educational part is really paying off for Awil. He writes so eloquently... :shock:
Awil95

Re: awil

Post by Awil95 »

blueblood wrote:Wow, I guess the HF educational part is really paying off for Awil. He writes so eloquently... :shock:
My hand is in a cast because of a broken wrist I got during the season . Sorry if the typing is a bit off its quite challenging
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

Awil95 wrote:
blueblood wrote:Wow, I guess the HF educational part is really paying off for Awil. He writes so eloquently... :shock:
My hand is in a cast because of a broken wrist I got during the season . Sorry if the typing is a bit off its quite challenging
Shake it off buddy, but if you're going to take your own squad just because they scored more goals on a given night then go for it. Pretty shoddy analysis considering EP out played BSM for 2 periods by a wide margin, but hey whatever floats your boat.
Awil95

Post by Awil95 »

eagles137 wrote:
Awil95 wrote:
Shake it off buddy, but if you're going to take your own squad just because they scored more goals on a given night then go for it. Pretty shoddy analysis considering EP out played BSM for 2 periods by a wide margin, but hey whatever floats your boat.
That and I know that a lot my friends on the team from Eden prairie are very excited to go in there and win . I feel we will win this one .(I'm going to be watching from the stands ) but who wouldn't take there own school ?
Just like I hope judging by your username you will take the eagles
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

Awil95 wrote:
eagles137 wrote:
Awil95 wrote: My hand is in a cast because of a broken wrist I got during the season . Sorry if the typing is a bit off its quite challenging
That and I know that a lot my friends on the team from Eden prairie are very excited to go in there and win . I feel we will win this one .(I'm going to be watching from the stands ) but who wouldn't take there own school ?
Just like I hope judging by your username you will take the eagles
The difference is I actually have a sound reason for taking the boys in this one. I think this game will be close for a period or so but EP has way too much depth for you you guys. If you guys get into any trouble your gonna have to cut down to 2 lines real quick. And I also don't think Gersich is gonna be able to get punished by Warner all night either and keep his composure.
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

The Las Vegas line just went to 5-1 Eagles.....Their.....or there!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

EP by 4
snowpuck

Post by snowpuck »

Eagles by four
celly93

Post by celly93 »

Is this streaming anywhere?
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

Audio only on www.psbmn.com. Can't find video.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

hockey4ever wrote:Audio only on www.psbmn.com. Can't find video.
Thanks
celly93

Post by celly93 »

4-0 EP

Well that escalated quickly.