Ranking the Nanne grandkids

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will develop into the best D1 player?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Tyler Nanne
13%
Louie Nanne
6%
Vinni Lettieri
81%

Total votes: 16

MNHockeyFan

Ranking the Nanne grandkids

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Just curious to see how fellow Forum members would rank the three Nanne grandkids in terms of which one has the greatest potential to really excel at the D1 level:

Tyler Nanne (Edina/Michigan perhaps?)
Louie Nanne (RPI commit)
Vinni Lettieri (U of M)

Obviously they are all very talented players, but who's the best?
almostashappy

Re: Ranking the Nanne grandkids

Post by almostashappy »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Just curious to see how fellow Forum members would rank the three Nanne grandkids...
Just curious to see how quickly this thread gets locked. :lol:
JaginCake

Post by JaginCake »

Really???????
PuckRanger

Re: Ranking the Nanne grandkids

Post by PuckRanger »

almostashappy wrote:Just curious to see how quickly this thread gets locked. :lol:
My thoughts exactly!
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

All of them are mediocre- good but only get by because of their last name. Lock the thread :lol: [/img]
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Slammer wrote:All of them are mediocre- good but only get by because of their last name. Lock the thread :lol: [/img]
This :lol:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

No reason to lock the tread as long as the comments stay positive. They're all very good players, so there's no need to denigrate any of them.

The question I posed was which one is the best in terms of having the best chance of being a real standout at the D1 level?
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

MNHockeyFan wrote:No reason to lock the tread as long as the comments stay positive. They're all very good players, so there's no need to denigrate any of them.

The question I posed was which one is the best in terms of having the best chance of being a real standout at the D1 level?
None of them will be standouts. They are good high school hockey players, but they will not stand out in college. The name can only take them so far before people realize that they aren't that good.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

And I have nothing against them, except for maybe Nanne and the East Edina game last year.... :lol: and it's not their fault they are a Nanne, but there are a lot better players out there who are easily better but won't go as far as the kids with the connections.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Slammer wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:No reason to lock the tread as long as the comments stay positive. They're all very good players, so there's no need to denigrate any of them.

None of them will be standouts. They are good high school hockey players, but they will not stand out in college. The name can only take them so far before people realize that they aren't that good.
Agreed.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Slammer wrote:And I have nothing against them...but there are a lot better players out there who are easily better but won't go as far as the kids with the connections.
If they are "easily better" they'll go further than "the kids with the connections". High school's one thing, but at D1 your playing time is determined by what you do on the ice.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Slammer wrote:And I have nothing against them...but there are a lot better players out there who are easily better but won't go as far as the kids with the connections.
If they are "easily better" they'll go further than "the kids with the connections". High school's one thing, but at D1 your playing time is determined by what you do on the ice.
Yeah, I see once you're actually on the roster for a d1 team, but if there's a kid who wants to make a D1 team, and he is better or maybe same level as a Nanne, a Nanne would make it instead of the other player. Not the same for every college program, but if Tyler Nanne was let's say a.. "Tyler Johnson" he wouldn't get as much D1 interest.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Agree with Slammer none of them will be stars,

Tyler-great offensive defensemen but struggles in the D zone
Louis-a 3/4th line grinder that's about it. He does understand his role which is something if some kids accepted this as their role it would help them
Vinni-probably most gifted of the three, offensive skill but still able to play a 3rd line role
puckfan

Post by puckfan »

Wow we have some really bitter folks out there.

This is life, you see it in job, sports, school and countless other areas. Get over it people.

Move on to something more meaningful to HS hockey
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

puckfan wrote:Wow we have some really bitter folks out there.

This is life, you see it in job, sports, school and countless other areas. Get over it people.

Doesn't mean it's right. It's meaningful because it raises a bigger question about politics in high school sports.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Or instead of telling others how and what to post, how about if you see a post/thread you don't like, simply ignore it ?
puckfan

Post by puckfan »

Show me where I said it was right....

Ever been passed over for a job because somebody else had some type of connection? Not right but does happen.

I guess when the politics of HS sports is your big concern in life.....well good luck to you.

I guess if somebody has to tell you that it's pretty classless to go on a forum and take shots at a person still in HS .......again good luck to you too.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

puckfan wrote:Show me where I said it was right....

Ever been passed over for a job because somebody else had some type of connection? Not right but does happen.

I guess when the politics of HS sports is your big concern in life.....well good luck to you.

I guess if somebody has to tell you that it's pretty classless to go on a forum and take shots at a person still in HS .......again good luck to you too.
Thank you for all the good luck. :) Good luck to you too!!!! :D :D
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

Arguably, it could be considered "constructive criticism," just like in one's profession :wink:

I, personally, don't see any of them being prominent players post high school. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but from what I had seen of them they seemed very average. They play on great teams and blend with the group. Louie was not deserving of an NHL draft pick at all. That was one of the best demonstrations of politics in hockey that could ever be provided. Though I will say I commend Louie on taking a step to prove his critics wrong in withdrawing his commitment from the U of M.

Obviously, these boys cannot choose their roots. Often though, people don't mind riding the name for personal gain either. In and outside of hockey. I have never really understood peoples' infatuation with the Nanne family, but in and beyond Minnesota the name has significance.

There will always be opportunities for those boys, so I guess it doesn't really matter which one is the best because they will always be provided opportunity due to their title.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Thanks Mom !
MoreCowBell

Post by MoreCowBell »

Those dues that players pay to USA Hockey should guarantee that the best are chosen for the NTDP, connections shouldn't matter, where you live shouldn't matter (taking kids from non traditional hockey areas, because we don't need to take those MN kids they have a good development program). USA hockey is a joke, total waste of money.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Do I sense some jealousy?