#2Hermantown (22-4-2) vs Luverne (27-0-1) 11am

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

who ya got?

Hermantown
71%
Luverne
29%

Total votes: 100

hockey1313

Luvernes schedule

Post by hockey1313 »

Luvernes schedule is weak but that is not all their fault. They have to play each of their conference teams twice and it isnt their fault that the teams in their conference arent very good. They beat every team that was put in front of them. These kids cant be going way up north every weekend to play better teams. Give them some respect and we will see how the game goes tomorrow morning. ROLL CARDS ROLL
Scout14

Re: Luvernes schedule

Post by Scout14 »

I got the CARDS straight up in this one....

CARDS 2/1.....

ROLL CARDS ROLL!!!
Cootslayer

Post by Cootslayer »

4chex wrote:Luverne's first loss of the season comes in a big way. Running time and Mariucci chants in the 3rd for the "should have been seeded" Cardinals.
That is the chant for Hawk fans in the 2nd, I mean 3rd....
defense

Post by defense »

hockey1313 wrote:Luvernes schedule is weak but that is not all their fault. They have to play each of their conference teams twice and it isnt their fault that the teams in their conference arent very good. They beat every team that was put in front of them. These kids cant be going way up north every weekend to play better teams. Give them some respect and we will see how the game goes tomorrow morning. ROLL CARDS ROLL
honestly, I " hope as hell" ala Sarsland, that Luverne wins and i get where they are coming from and what they are doing etc. But, I was one who said they wouldn't and didn't deserve a seed and i believe they will have to earn some respect, not have it handed out. They can start that in the AM
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

14 hours to the drop of the puck! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Almost planned on leaving early enough to see this game too.

Regardless, Good luck to all teams, players, coaches, and fans! A fabulous 4 days lie ahead! See you at the X, and probably the Liffey!
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

defense wrote:
hockey1313 wrote:Luvernes schedule is weak but that is not all their fault. They have to play each of their conference teams twice and it isnt their fault that the teams in their conference arent very good. They beat every team that was put in front of them. These kids cant be going way up north every weekend to play better teams. Give them some respect and we will see how the game goes tomorrow morning. ROLL CARDS ROLL
honestly, I " hope as hell" ala Sarsland, that Luverne wins and i get where they are coming from and what they are doing etc. But, I was one who said they wouldn't and didn't deserve a seed and i believe they will have to earn some respect, not have it handed out. They can start that in the AM
So a team that has a mediocre season but has been in the tourney multiple times deserves a seed based on past expierences? I'm not saying Luverne deserved a 1,2,3,4 seed. But you can't give ranks and seeds based on past performances. Every year kids graduate and new kids move up that might not match the talent.
Scout14

Post by Scout14 »

DubCHAGuy wrote:
ShaymusOToole wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:Hermantown beat C-E-C 5 to 2
St Michael beat C-E-C 4 to 1
luverne tied st Michael 1 to 1 in a game that the cards carried most of the play Hermantown might have their hands full
Using this logic...

Luverne tied STMA 1-1
STMA lost to Rogers 5-2
Rogers lost to Hermantown 3-1
Soooooooo....
Hermantown should win by 5

6-1 Hawks
I got,
Hawks beat SSP by 11
SSP beat Park/CG by 7
Park/CG tied Mayo
Mayo beat JM by 8
JM beat Winona by 6
Winona tied LaCrescent, who tied Dodge County
Dodge County lost to Luverne by 1.

I got the Hawks, 32-1.
I got the CARDS with the + here and the under.....

ROLL CARDS ROLL!!
StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats »

defense wrote:Question for Luverne people: Is this upswing going to be sustained for a couple years or is this THE group? my question is deeper than just who is on the HS team right now, how is the future of hockey in the area? particularly Luverne? I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but if you would please..

Being from the south I see Luvernes program about every other weekend at various levels. Don't know what they are feeding them kids over there but they are starting to be dominant in the SW corner. Their A programs I know basically walked over anyone within 100 miles. I respect what they are doing greatly. Getting stomped on for years has gotta get old. I believe this HS group they got is the start of something worth watching.

ITS TOURNEY TIME!!!!
StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats »

And....(prediction)

Final score 7-2 Hawks win.

:shock:
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

All something to think about, just because your in a conference doesn't mean you have to play each team twice. That is a team choice or a conference rule you vote on and place on yourselves. Teams in a conf that only play each other once has the game count double. This is the starting point of how you get more quality teams on your schedule. If that doesn't suit you go independent. These are all choices you team makes.

This whole strength of schedule means nothing after the puck is dropped. Seedings don't mean crap. If you believe in your team it doesn't matter where you end up in the brackets. Game 1 & 2 have to be won in order to play in the championship game. To much effort is wasted on worrying about how the Seedings are figured out. If you get a tough team in game 1 so what, to win state your going to have to beat them sooner or later. God how I wish STA was still here the spank this year!
defense

Post by defense »

lamplighter98 wrote:
defense wrote:
So a team that has a mediocre season but has been in the tourney multiple times deserves a seed based on past expierences? I'm not saying Luverne deserved a 1,2,3,4 seed. But you can't give ranks and seeds based on past performances. Every year kids graduate and new kids move up that might not match the talent.
either ignorant or leading somewhere I don't really care. it has zero to do about the past all about the present season. any team in this state tournament could have easily duplicated Luverne's record. Just facts.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Does Anyone know if these games are broadcast on the radio in the Duluth area?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

GPGT wrote:Does Anyone know if these games are broadcast on the radio in the Duluth area?
FAN 1490 should have the games involving the local teams, at the very least.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

I was looking for YouTube videos of Luverne specifically to see if Smedsrud and Nelson were really all that good. Here's one of the few I could find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB99eAx1sUo

Any others?
nahc

Post by nahc »

MSBN will be telecasting audio only via a webcast.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Thanks karl and nahc. I'll be in my car driving back home today and since I'll probably hear or see the score by the time I get home ,I thought I would at least try to listen to hermantowns game live.

Also kind if interested to see how EGF looks tonight, being at the top spot most of the year and never have seeing them play.
Hockey guy1486

Post by Hockey guy1486 »

As an outsider, who knows nothing about the Luverne program, all I can say is this.......... I coached a Bantam AA team that went to Luverne for Regions a couple of years ago. The tournement, people, town etc. were very classy. Eventhough my team didn't make it to state, I would give the town, refs, and people who ran the tourney an "A".
I love to see new teams get to state...... Good Luck and congrats to the kids on getting to St. Paul......enjoy every minute of it!!!!
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Is there any live feed of the game for free?
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

Slammer wrote:Is there any live feed of the game for free?
Only if you can get KSTC 45 ON cable or on the new / old school antennae. Prep 45 online for $4.95 for all of today's games is the next option.
codemanh

Post by codemanh »

The Exiled One wrote:I was looking for YouTube videos of Luverne specifically to see if Smedsrud and Nelson were really all that good. Here's one of the few I could find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB99eAx1sUo

Any others?
Well I know one of them went to New York for advanced 15's I believe.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

Based on everything this season, I see a Hermantown win, but not a blowout.

Hawks 6 Cards 2

Lots of posters were screaming this time last year about how Marshall from 3A would lose by about fifty in the first round at state. Didn't happen. Just sayin...
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Any body at the game or watching or listening at home that can send live updates here?
I cannot get the video or audio at work = not allowed.

Thanks,
What is a Green Wave anyway?
ScoutReports

#2Hermantown (22-4-2) vs Luverne (27-0-1) 11am

Post by ScoutReports »

First of all I want to say, Congrats to all the teams making it to the dance! I wish both teams the best of luck in the game! I'm cheering on Hermantown here though. I went to the Luverne vs Redwood Valley game, Luverne won hands down 16-1 or something like that. But the thing that disgusted me was on the way out I saw the Luverne Captain Flipping off the Redwood Valley team(after the game, while they were going into the locker rooms).....What kind of captain is that?? Pathetic!! However, I also choose Hermantown because Redwood started getting physical and the game play totally changed(them getting rattled). Therefore, If Hermantown brings the northern physicality aspect to this game, they will walk away with it(like I'm sure they will). Luverne is a good team don't get me wrong but they aint no "Roseau(7 titles, 33 appearances) " like their claiming.....
Hermantown's schedule is consistently difficult! Yes, Luverne played some tough teams but they play in a weak section. Which means they can bring a C+ game and win. Consistency is key for this game and it will show as the game goes on and Hermantown walks away with it(I think, haha)!!
But that's why i pick Hermantown! Best of luck to all the teams in weekend! Go Hermantown!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Just two words:

Go Hawks!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

TTpuckster wrote:Any body at the game or watching or listening at home that can send live updates here?
I cannot get the video or audio at work = not allowed.

Thanks,
I'll be updating.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006