Best and Worst Jerseys

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Ogie

Post by Ogie »

I like these Hermantown sweaters.

Buy ya a soda after the game!
whiskey_tango

Post by whiskey_tango »

Hard water You've always had fantastical fun facts..
TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 »

Ogie wrote:I like these Hermantown sweaters.

Thief Rivers helmets look sick.
pathtonow

Duluth East and Hibbing Mascots - Another Version of Events

Post by pathtonow »

Hard water fan wrote:Ever wonder why Duluth has a Greyhound and Hibbing has an anchor? A Cliff note in jersey history- Duluth's Greyhound was originally supposed to be Hibbing's mascot- home of Greyhound Bus (same logo). The Bluejackets was meant to be Duluth's- paying homage to the worlds largest inland port and its sea captains- otherwise known as Blue Jackets. A screw-up at the state back in the 30's when mascots were submitted for the newly built Hibbing High School resulted in the switcheroo that was never reversed. Worthless but interesting...
Here is another version of the story you tell above. Read the article and the notes at the bottom.

http://minnesotabrown.com/2013/09/funni ... rn-mn.html
karl(east)

Re: Duluth East and Hibbing Mascots - Another Version of Eve

Post by karl(east) »

pathtonow wrote:
Hard water fan wrote:Ever wonder why Duluth has a Greyhound and Hibbing has an anchor? A Cliff note in jersey history- Duluth's Greyhound was originally supposed to be Hibbing's mascot- home of Greyhound Bus (same logo). The Bluejackets was meant to be Duluth's- paying homage to the worlds largest inland port and its sea captains- otherwise known as Blue Jackets. A screw-up at the state back in the 30's when mascots were submitted for the newly built Hibbing High School resulted in the switcheroo that was never reversed. Worthless but interesting...
Here is another version of the story you tell above. Read the article and the notes at the bottom.

http://minnesotabrown.com/2013/09/funni ... rn-mn.html
I was a little suspicious of that story, since East didn't open as high school until 1949. The building was a junior high before that, so it's entirely possible they had a Greyhound mascot dating back to the 1920s, but mixing up a HS with a junior high really would be quite the mix-up.
Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 »

Man, Eagan has some ugly unis.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

St. Cloud Cathedral's colors really pop. Luverne looked sharp as well.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

I'm sorry but those bumble bee looking things that Chisago had on were butt ugly.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

urban iceman wrote:I'm sorry but those bumble bee looking things that Chisago had on were butt ugly.
AGREED!!!!
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

The St. Cloud Apollo sweaters are kind of spiffy.

Buy ya a soda after the game!
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

For those that haven't seen Lakeville North's "Nordiques" jersey's, tune in today.. The are hidious
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

RickyTicky wrote:For those that haven't seen Lakeville North's "Nordiques" jersey's, tune in today.. The are hidious
They take it!
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

The North jerseys are nice...until you see the logo...
statein07

Post by statein07 »

deacon wrote:I'm a homer but I like STA's. Like their blues more than whites, wish it would just say cadets across the chest in the same font as the blues. They also have home and away helmets.

Jefferson wins this but it's close. Edina is right there.

The worst is Hermantown.
Best: Cloquet, Warroad, Edina, East Darks

Worst: STA, lets be honest i hate STA and if you're going to shell out what $20,000 and recruit students to only fall short in sections, welp you better have a lot nicer jerseys than what they got :twisted: (ok seriously though their jersey's are sharp and clean which is nice quality)