USNTDP Tryout Camp Invites

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JSR

Post by JSR »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
Whopper2 wrote:Ive seen the three 98 oamha kids play and they are better than some of the kids mn picked.
BigMac : Ive seen none of the oamha kids play and I know they dont even scratch the surface when it comes to comparing to MINNESOTA KIDS. How many Olympians has oamha racked up? I really think its spelled Omaha but you spelled oamha. :twisted:
You do know that most of the kids who play for Omaha are not from Omaha, right??
JSR

Post by JSR »

Lecroixwhl wrote:Admittedly though my comment "thanks NTDP could be the WHL's benefit" wasn't a very good choice of words. I can see how that might set some people off. Not a very good comment on my part, sorry about that. Didn't really mean it the way it sounded. I guess I just mean since the NTDP option is closed, other options present themselves and the WHL is just one of them that many top players have and yes some of them may choose this option because it is in front of them now and a College scholarship in the US may or may not come later. It's a risk these top players and families have to weigh.

I really don't want to get into another College, vs. WHL battle that's been beaten to death.
Ummm what about the USHL?? Pretty sure that is every bit as good of another option as the NTDP.....
Lecroixwhl

Post by Lecroixwhl »

Yes JSR - the USHL is a fantastic option for these guys. The Phase 1 draft for (98's only) happens May 5th, the only issue is there are not to many 16 and 17 year olds in the USHL, so in reality these top 98 players are a couple years away from that option. There are exceptions, but very few.

The NTDP program plays in the USHL the only difference is those guys are 2-3 years younger than the typical USHL player. That's why the NTDP program has limited success with the USHL schedule. Still pretty impressive though considering their age.

There are several good options out there to continue to keep playing hockey at a very high level.

The USHL, NAHL, BCHL -Americans have to be 18-, Tier 1 AAA, High School, and yes even the dreaded (by most Americans) WHL are all options for these kids and families, each must decide what is best for them.

There are a ton of other leagues out there too.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
Whopper2 wrote:Ive seen the three 98 oamha kids play and they are better than some of the kids mn picked.
BigMac : Ive seen none of the oamha kids play and I know they dont even scratch the surface when it comes to comparing to MINNESOTA KIDS. How many Olympians has oamha racked up? I really think its spelled Omaha but you spelled oamha. :twisted:
I would think more Minnesota boys should have made it over HoneyBaked after all they couldn't even beat Edina AA bantam team last year. why aren't 6 of the Edina boys on the AA bantams invited? That's right their in Mich and that's where the honeybaked are. only 1 or 2 of the Minnesota boys will leave even if they make it.
puckfan

Post by puckfan »

JSR wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:
You do know that most of the kids who play for Omaha are not from Omaha, right??
And one of those 3 listed is from MN.....Champlin Park...along with some others that are 97's.

Lots of really good MN kids not on that list from Maple Grove, BSM, Prior Lake, Wayzata, EP, Duluth Marshall,ST Thomas just to name a few to add to the one mentioned above.

Badgermommy some people actually have a job where they do scout players and probably even get paid to do it :wink: :wink: :wink:
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

When do they announce who made the team?
Skatesharpener

Post by Skatesharpener »

Traxler wrote:When do they announce who made the team?
The kids already know if they made it...no official announcement yet I think.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

When all the parents are done making phone calls :wink:
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Appears to be that Blaine's Riley Tufte has made the U17 in Ann Arbor.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Skatesharpener wrote:
The kids already know if they made it...no official announcement yet I think.
Thanks. I'll contact the parents of the players I'm interested in then. :)