White Bear Lake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inthetwine

White Bear Lake

Post by inthetwine »

How will WBL be this year, some talent, I'm thinking about a 700 win percentage.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

They will get beat by Hill in sections. :idea:
Scout716

Post by Scout716 »

I believe this is the same section Stillwater is in? if So I see Stillwater coming out of this section again. They should be stronger this year than last year.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

It should be fun to see how guys who were overshadowed by Wahlin (Giller/Welch) perform this year. Most of the forwards who are returning will be going into their 3rd season of varsity so they will have a lot of experience up front. There is also small forward Matthew Pitcher who was called up from JV in the middle of the year and performed great. Senior captain Caden Wippler and junior Wyatt Newpower will be the best players on defense. We will see how Canadian Ben Cameron improves in his 2nd year at White Bear. Mason Fiddle is a small defenseman who I think will perform pretty well with a full year on varsity. The thing that concerns me the most is the lack of experience at goalie. Brady Peterson was the backup last year and didn't see too much action and was shaky when he did play (except when in came in against Park but that's Park.) BantamAA goalie Bob Parenteau will probably be the other goalie and should push Peterson for the starting job. The team will obviously not be as good without Wahlin but I think they will still be very competitive.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

Scout716 wrote:I believe this is the same section Stillwater is in? if So I see Stillwater coming out of this section again. They should be stronger this year than last year.
Stillwater was a cinderella team last year who squeked by 2 teams that took them to lightly, It won't happen agian.
Scout716

Post by Scout716 »

don't get me wrong White Bear should be very strong this year. Someone told me they will have a heavy Senior team. I was just adding that Stillwater should be very tough as well, I do not think lost very much from last years team, and added some very strong bantams to the mix. This should be a fun section to watch how it all plays out. In my opinion Hill will be down this year, and maybe get the 3rd seed. time will tell.
Tenoverpar

Post by Tenoverpar »

"Stillwater was a cinderella team last year who squeked by 2 teams that took them to lightly, It won't happen again"...

save this one for the end of year...Stillwater is about to go on a run of several possible state showings as they finally are getting to classes of players that all stayed. The depth this year with the young talent coming up is the deepest in years. Parity in the section is the most is has been in years..

With that said, White Bear still provides a very competetive group of players returning and should be the SEC favorite and probable section finalist at a minimum as well. Maybe without Wahlin they'll surprise alot of people..