Section 3A 2014 - 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy »

notTONIGHT wrote:I'm hearing reports the seeds are as follows:

1. Luverne
2. Hutch
3. New Ulm
4.Marshall
5. Litch
6. Willmar
7. Redwood
8. Windom

havent heard the bottom end yet.
If these are correct, could be a fun super Saturday at Gustavus! Great day for some hockey! I hope New Ulm gets by Willmar, New Ulm and Hutch would be a fun game to watch! Then I think Litch is going to take down Marshall to face Luverne, but maybe Marshall has another run in them, not very likely though.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

elliott70 wrote:Since the best in 1A beat the best in 3A, does that makes 3A #7 in single A sections (just ahead of 5A)?
Did New Prague play Luverne?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

urban iceman wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Since the best in 1A beat the best in 3A, does that makes 3A #7 in single A sections (just ahead of 5A)?
I was going to ask the same question. It would be nice to have New Prague on the schedule. Curious elliott, who do you have has the best team in section 3A and section 1A?
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

OU812 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
OU812 wrote: They were just certified as a power conference this week by the Federation of Hockey Conference Certifiers.

IS trout on that board too???
Ha no, he was kicked off after his CHOS (Chronic Hutchinson Overestimation Syndrome) flared up at a meeting.
NOW THAT is some funny STUFF right there! I don't care who you are! :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

urban iceman wrote:
Oh, I am sorry. I was led to believe Hutch was the best in 3A.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

elliott70 wrote:
urban iceman wrote:
See! There ya go being "Lead" again! [-X
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

fastncrash wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
urban iceman wrote: Did New Prague play Luverne?
Some guy with a fishy name told me he was an expert on 3A.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

elliott70 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
elliott70 wrote: Oh, I am sorry. I was led to believe Hutch was the best in 3A.
I believe you forgot the "ole" at the end of your comment. :D
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

fastncrash wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
urban iceman wrote: Did New Prague play Luverne?
Trout is lurking!

He is getting healed up from the lashing he took in Marshall on Monday!

Give it to us big fella!
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Whiner33 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
elliott70 wrote: Oh, I am sorry. I was led to believe Hutch was the best in 3A.
Trout is lurking!

Give it to us big fella!
Whatever her excuse is... Let's get this Sh*t fired up... the 7AA thread is within 10,000 views of us now... Time to STEP IT UP for Playoff's!
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

fastncrash wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
fastncrash wrote: See! There ya go being "Lead" again! [-X
Trout is lurking!

Give it to us big fella!

Whatever her excuse is... Let's get this Sh*t fired up... the 7AA thread is within 10,000 views of us now... Time to STEP IT UP for Playoff's!

I've come out of retirement due to the fact the 7AA thread has more comments. Don't expect much substance from me. Just trying to help the thread out! :D I did hear we might not have the official seedings for section 3A until Saturday. Any word out there?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
fastncrash wrote: See! There ya go being "Lead" again! [-X
I believe you forgot the "ole" at the end of your comment. :D
Skool!

(Do I look Latino-Spanish-etc...)
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
Whiner33 wrote: Trout is lurking!

Give it to us big fella!

I've come out of retirement due to the fact the 7AA thread has more comments. Don't expect much substance from me. Just trying to help the thread out! :D I did hear we might not have the official seedings for section 3A until Saturday. Any word out there?
No seedings. Just giving the trophy to Hutch along with a pat on the back.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

elliott70 wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:

No seedings. Just giving the trophy to Hutch along with a pat on the back.
No trip to the X, though. What the heck, its just 3A.

Skool!
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Once a 3A team makes it to state, how many posts will include that they will go 0-2 with running time?

That is the real question.
grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

section ranks and games listed on mshsl web site. Just an fyi. must be officail
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:section ranks and games listed on mshsl web site. Just an fyi. must be officail
Thanks! Looked not to long ago and they weren't up.

Seedings on mshsl.org

1. Luverne
2. Hutch
3. New Ulm
4. Marshall
5. Litch
6. Wilmar
7. Morris Benson
8. Redwood
9. Windom
10. Fairmont
11. Worthington
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:section ranks and games listed on mshsl web site. Just an fyi. must be officail
Thanks! Looked not to long ago and they weren't up.

Seedings on mshsl.org

1. Luverne
2. Hutch
3. New Ulm
4. Marshall
5. Litch
6. Wilmar
7. Morris Benson
8. Redwood
9. Windom
10. Fairmont
11. Worthington
OLE!!
pats12

Post by pats12 »

BP wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
hammer99 wrote:Finally gave in and saw Luverne play over at the Schwann's Cup, and was disappointed in their overall talent level to say the least. Ended up losing to Kennedy in the open division final. Few weeks later, watched as they fell to Johnson. Not that I don't believe in giving south west teams a chance at making it to the tourney, but has section realignment ever been considered in order to maybe give a state tournament birth to teams more deserving than those from 3A?
Oh boy! Who will be the first to bite on this? Take it easy on hammer99. He is new to the 3A thread. :lol: Any news on the seedings?

I'd say throw Delano and Orono into 3A. That would help. A litte out od whack, but no worse when they had Hermantown in with the St Cloud schools (I know Htown is in 7A now).
We don't need those two teams whining after Luverne beats them too. Then you'll want someone else in that section the next year. Why don't those two just go out and win their section if they are so good. I'm curious to know why you selected these two, do you have ties to them?
pats12

Post by pats12 »

OU812 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
OU812 wrote: They were just certified as a power conference this week by the Federation of Hockey Conference Certifiers.

IS trout on that board too???
Ha no, he was kicked off after his CHOS (Chronic Hutchinson Overestimation Syndrome) flared up at a meeting.
I heard it flared up after cops showed up to haul him off in Marshall.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

pats12 wrote:
BP wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: Oh boy! Who will be the first to bite on this? Take it easy on hammer99. He is new to the 3A thread. :lol: Any news on the seedings?

I'd say throw Delano and Orono into 3A. That would help. A litte out od whack, but no worse when they had Hermantown in with the St Cloud schools (I know Htown is in 7A now).
We don't need those two teams whining after Luverne beats them too. Then you'll want someone else in that section the next year. Why don't those two just go out and win their section if they are so good. I'm curious to know why you selected these two, do you have ties to them?
Orono did win their section last year....
Wreckincrew

Post by Wreckincrew »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
pats12 wrote:
BP wrote:
v
Hold on now, I'm not sure there is room for facts in this Luverne vs Hutchinson pizzing contest.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
pats12 wrote:
BP wrote:
But nobody talks about them going 0-2 in the tournament.....
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Wreckincrew wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
pats12 wrote: We don't need those two teams whining after Luverne beats them too. Then you'll want someone else in that section the next year. Why don't those two just go out and win their section if they are so good. I'm curious to know why you selected these two, do you have ties to them?
v
Hold on now, I'm not sure there is room for facts in this Luverne vs Hutchinson pizzing contest.
Every now and again its ok. However, if it happens to much this thread will crash. :D
BP

Post by BP »

pats12 wrote:
BP wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: Oh boy! Who will be the first to bite on this? Take it easy on hammer99. He is new to the 3A thread. :lol: Any news on the seedings?

Actually, none at all. I was thinking of teams in far western suburbs, as they already play in a conference with Hutch and LDC. I think they use to be in it a few years ago...spreading wealth to give the mighty Red some competition in that section. And before you blow a nut about your section, something needs to be done about 5A as well. And Luverne wouldn't beat Delano, I can tell you that.