Best Skills Program at PeeWee Level

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jg2112

Best Skills Program at PeeWee Level

Post by jg2112 »

Hello all:

Doing a little brainstorming here in anticipation of 2016 (I know, I know).

For all of you who have had kids do skating / skills clinics in the summer, which have you found to be the most useful? Value for money, quality of the coaching, etc.

My hope is to just pick one camp for her for a few weeks next summer, skating 2-3 days a week for 6-8 weeks or so.

And yes, she's a multi-sport athlete so no specialization.

Thanks.
legalbeagle05

Re: Best Skills Program at PeeWee Level

Post by legalbeagle05 »

jg2112 wrote:Hello all:

Doing a little brainstorming here in anticipation of 2016 (I know, I know).

For all of you who have had kids do skating / skills clinics in the summer, which have you found to be the most useful? Value for money, quality of the coaching, etc.

My hope is to just pick one camp for her for a few weeks next summer, skating 2-3 days a week for 6-8 weeks or so.

And yes, she's a multi-sport athlete so no specialization.

Thanks.
Only one? OS. http://www.oshockey.org/page/show/10065 ... r-training

Otherwise, anything at Minnesota Made. I've never had a bad experience there, coaches, staff, parents included, despite the "bad rep" you may have heard. Take a clinic or two and make up your own mind. Don't listen to rumors.

Here is this past summer's brochure: http://www.minnesotamadehockey.com/page ... evelopment
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Your nanny can drive her there twice a week. I know it's just marketing material, but what does 'Top 7th and 8th grade players in the state' mean exactly? Is it all-inclusive; the top players are there, if you're not there, your not a top player? Or is it exclusive in nature: is there a list somewhere that ranks 7th and 8th graders, top to bottom, and if you are not at the top of the list, you can't sign up? Or is it making a claim; if you sign up, by the end of the 8 weeks you'll be at the top?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Who are these top rated 7th graders ?? Rated by who ?
Docs_88

Post by Docs_88 »

OG, you know better. YHH has them all rated of course! :lol: