AA state seedings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

GB , I think like you said the other day they will just take the let's play hockey list and then eliminate the teams that lost
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Looks to be wide open this year with only at most 3 of the top 8 ranked present. Any Cinderellas?
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

WMetro, that is what has been done in the past, but who knows what will be done this year. Elliott, are we sure that there is even a meeting with coaches and do they even have any input for state seedings? Seedings for sections we know the process, but I'm not sure if there is a meeting for state seedings. I will ask a head coach who has been to state recently and get back to the group. GB
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Sinbin, Cinderella dark horse would be Farmington . 2 or 3 elite skaters/scorers. 2 of top D in state. Very talented and hot goalie.
@hockeytweet

Post by @hockeytweet »

Sinbin, Cinderella dark horse would be Farmington . 2 or 3 elite skaters/scorers. 2 of top D in state. Very talented and hot goalie.
I cast a sentimental vote for Burnsville being the Cinderella. Going to High School in the 80's, when you beat Burnsville in any sport, you did something right that day. That was 30 years ago, a lot has changed.

Since their heyday, the Blaze don't resemble the Braves much. It's good to see them back.
thespellchecker

will find out tomorrow

Post by thespellchecker »

1. Stillwater
2. Wayzata
3. EP
4. Grand Rapids
5. Burnsville
6. Farmington
7. Anoka
8. Bemidji
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

GB, reason they never deviate from the let's play hockey list is because then it would become a political football every year.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

WestMetro wrote:GB, reason they never deviate from the let's play hockey list is because then it would become a political football every year.
The coaches vote online send to HS then get on conference call with our coaches and HS league/TV people and LPH. There is no back n forth like in section seeding. The just say who plays who, also don't think there is a real "random" draw for the 3 teams not seeded.
gitter

Post by gitter »

east hockey wrote:
goldy313 wrote:Even with a Stillwater win I don't think seeds will matter much this season, no one has an easy first round game.

We will also get new blood in the tournament with Farmington, Anoka and Grand Rapids haven't been there in years......EP and Wayzata have huge enrollments and will have fans. I guess EP becomes the team the crowd hates this year? With no Edina or BSM, maybe Hill Murray can win and give us a true villain.
If Hill-Murray isn't there, the only villain will be in Class A. :)

Lee
Hermantown? :twisted:
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

H-M, and to a lesser extent Edina, are the schools people love to hate. And when neither makes the tournament, there is much rejoicing. But the fact is, there is less interest also.

Every good drama needs a villain. The Olympics were great when we competed against the Evil Empire*. US college kids winning the Gold medal was a historic accomplishment, twice. An NHL all star tournament is interesting but not even comparable to 1960 or 1980.

Who would you rather defeat in the final, H-M or Farmington? Edina or Anoka? People love to layout cash in the hopes of seeing us lose.

*The one with the hammer and sickle, not the one coached by Lechner.
LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

Hill is a private, one of many. They all get their shots. At least they play AA. I don't think they are more hated than Edina.

I think this year will have more interest. It's fun to root against the Baddies for a while, but it gets boring too.

It's a shame the North schools will likely play the 4/5 game as they play such different schedules. I was excited when they decided to rank teams a few years ago, but it hasn't really had the desired effect. I think they should consider ditching the rankings and going random. I say this for AA only, as A still is very top heavy.
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Less interest lol okayyyyy I am more likely to watch the games because they aren't there.
blueblood

AA seedings

Post by blueblood »

Keep trying HOF, one of these days you might be right:

1) Stillwater will never beat Hill Murray....
2) you forgot about Wayzata beating EP this season
3) 2015 projected 2AA seedings
4) 2016 projected 2AA seedings