Where in the heck is the 7AA chatter....

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueblood

7AA Chatter

Post by blueblood »

I have a feeling the forum will be quite active tonight throughout the game and after the buzzer sounds
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Rapids has the talent to win their last 10 games, East has big ones with EP and ER to prove their themselves. Elks have the tougher schedule remaining starting with Centennial Sat. And MG, Blaine, Hill. Feb. 4, 5:00 at ER will be fun.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

It seems like the only things to decide in 7AA in terms of seeding are East at Elk River for 1/2, and Marshall vs Andover for the 5/6. This is of course assuming teams at the top don't lose 8-10 straight, or Cloquet goes on a tear down the stretch to change this.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Daulton21

Post by Daulton21 »

Here is my opinion on the possible seeding at the half way point.
Thoughts? pretty close ?

1) Elk River
2) D-East
3) G-Rapids
4) Cloquet
5) Andover
6) D-Marshall
7) S-Francis
8) F-Lake
9) Cambridge
kniven

Post by kniven »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:It seems like the only things to decide in 7AA in terms of seeding are East at Elk River for 1/2, and Marshall vs Andover for the 5/6. This is of course assuming teams at the top don't lose 8-10 straight, or Cloquet goes on a tear down the stretch to change this.
Cloquet still has GrandRapids twice, Duluth Marshall once, and Duluth East once. Still a lot up in the air at this point. It seems Cloquet has the most section games left on their schedule.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

kniven wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:It seems like the only things to decide in 7AA in terms of seeding are East at Elk River for 1/2, and Marshall vs Andover for the 5/6. This is of course assuming teams at the top don't lose 8-10 straight, or Cloquet goes on a tear down the stretch to change this.
Cloquet still has GrandRapids twice, Duluth Marshall once, and Duluth East once. Still a lot up in the air at this point. It seems Cloquet has the most section games left on their schedule.
Looking forward to the 2nd half of the season. Some big games starting this week. Does it get any better?
kniven

Post by kniven »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Looking forward to the 2nd half of the season. Some big games starting this week. Does it get any better?
No it doesn't indiangrad! Awesome! CEC comes to Rapids for a 7AA tilt Tuesday night. I'm so excited. Always nice playing in such a great atmosphere! Let's hope the team in purple has better luck than our visit last year.......
Daulton21

Post by Daulton21 »

Sorry I did not know I had a smiley face by F-Lake. Not intended to, so no meaning behind it. I meant it as an 8.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Daulton21 wrote:Here is my opinion on the possible seeding at the half way point.
Thoughts? pretty close ?

1) Elk River
2) D-East
3) G-Rapids
4) Cloquet
5) Andover
6) D-Marshall
7) S-Francis
8) F-Lake
9) Cambridge
Switch Duluth Marshall and Andover. Though it is close with those 2 and they have a h2h coming up soon. Of course East and Elk River will determine 1/2 on Feb 4.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
grindiangrad-80

kniven wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
kniven wrote: Cloquet still has GrandRapids twice, Duluth Marshall once, and Duluth East once. Still a lot up in the air at this point. It seems Cloquet has the most section games left on their schedule.
No it doesn't indiangrad! Awesome! CEC comes to Rapids for a 7AA tilt Tuesday night. I'm so excited. Always nice playing in such a great atmosphere! Let's hope the team in purple has better luck than our visit last year.......
I think these teams in 7AA are going to put on a pretty good show come section time.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Impressive shut out for ER over MG as we grind through the dog days of the season.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Daulton21 wrote:Sorry I did not know I had a smiley face by F-Lake. Not intended to, so no meaning behind it. I meant it as an 8.
Gotta put a space between "8" and ")", or phpBB thinks it's a smiley face.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
boblee

Post by boblee »

alcloseshaver wrote:Impressive shut out for ER over MG as we grind through the dog days of the season.
Sure. You can also look at the 5-1 loss to Centennial right before that. It's all about who is playing their best at the end of February and into March.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

boblee wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Impressive shut out for ER over MG as we grind through the dog days of the season.
Sure. You can also look at the 5-1 loss to Centennial right before that. It's all about who is playing their best at the end of February and into March.
Oh it has been looked at Bob. Did you see what they did to Blaine last night? Glad we are done with them for the year. How did the Hibbing game go?
grindiangrad-80

alcloseshaver wrote:
boblee wrote:
Oh it has been looked at Bob. Did you see what they did to Blaine last night? Glad we are done with them for the year. How did the Hibbing game go?
?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Daulton21 wrote:Here is my opinion on the possible seeding at the half way point.
Thoughts? pretty close ?

1) Elk River
2) D-East
3) G-Rapids
4) Cloquet
5) Andover
6) D-Marshall
7) S-Francis
8) F-Lake
9) Cambridge
I tell you.....Elks, East, and Indians are rolling once again. CEC is clearly the underdog when it comes to the top 4 seeds in 7AA. Andover's wheels have fallen off, and Duluth Marshall is a threat to Cloquet and the 4th seed. &^%$#@#$%^&*....and Forest Lake in Forest Lake on Tuesday. #I have no more finger nails...I chewed them away 4 years ago. Tooth picks. I need to buy lots of tooth picks.
grindiangrad-80

kniven wrote:
Thoughts? pretty close ?

1) Elk River
2) D-East
3) G-Rapids
4) Cloquet
5) Andover
6) D-Marshall
7) S-Francis
8) F-Lake
9) Cambridge
I tell you.....Elks, East, and Indians are rolling once again. CEC is clearly the underdog when it comes to the top 4 seeds in 7AA. Andover's wheels have fallen off, and Duluth Marshall is a threat to Cloquet and the 4th seed. &^%$#@#$%^&*....and Forest Lake in Forest Lake on Tuesday. #I have no more finger nails...I chewed them away 4 years ago. Tooth picks. I need to buy lots of tooth picks.
I think this section is the deepest I can remember. There will be some grunting and groaning just to get to the semis. I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money on who will go to state in this one.
kniven

Post by kniven »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Thoughts? pretty close ?

1) Elk River
2) D-East
3) G-Rapids
4) Cloquet
5) Andover
6) D-Marshall
7) S-Francis
8) F-Lake
9) Cambridge
I think this section is the deepest I can remember. There will be some grunting and groaning just to get to the semis. I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money on who will go to state in this one.
Agreed. It will be a cat fight!!! MEOW!
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

For the best of the hockey guys, look to the Iron Range

http://www.startribune.com/for-the-best ... 411432885/
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
kniven wrote: I tell you.....Elks, East, and Indians are rolling once again. CEC is clearly the underdog when it comes to the top 4 seeds in 7AA. Andover's wheels have fallen off, and Duluth Marshall is a threat to Cloquet and the 4th seed. &^%$#@#$%^&*....and Forest Lake in Forest Lake on Tuesday. #I have no more finger nails...I chewed them away 4 years ago. Tooth picks. I need to buy lots of tooth picks.
Andover winning 4-1 at Duluth Marshall today. Hmmmm.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote: I think this section is the deepest I can remember. There will be some grunting and groaning just to get to the semis. I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money on who will go to state in this one.
The Jacks will go on a run and win this section Knivsy! You heard it here first! These young kids aren't rookies anymore and Esse and Langenbrunner will have them ready to play. Giddyup!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

All quiet on the Western front... Eye before the storm...
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Jeffy95 wrote:
kniven wrote:
kniven wrote: Agreed. It will be a cat fight!!! MEOW!
The Jacks will go on a run and win this section Knivsy! You heard it here first! These young kids aren't rookies anymore and Esse and Langenbrunner will have them ready to play. Giddyup!
You mean the same team that gave up 6 goals to Flake?
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:All quiet on the Western front... Eye before the storm...
CEC just needs to take care of Duluth Marshall on Tuesday, first. One game at a time. Yes. Giving up 6 to flake was tough. But, the team worked through it and got the W. I'll take a good lesson learned to a young team over a 4 goal win any day of the week. The team in purple keeps chugging away like a cho cho. "I think I can" I think I can". They will be fine.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Cloquet's win over Marshall tonight makes this all pretty straightforward seeding-wise.

1. Winner Saturday (Buses or Gramatically Incorrect Deer)
2. Loser Staurday
3. Nonexistent Birds
4. Purple Lumberjacks
5. Phillips Andover
6. Martians
7. Franny
8. Flakes
9. Cambridge

Only way I see that changing is if the Jacks beat both Rapids and East, in which case they could slide up to #3.