Games Saturday 1-13-24

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Games Saturday 1-13-24

Post by elliott70 »

Champlin Park vs Elk River/Zimmerman - Furniture and Things Community Event Center 1:00 PM CST
Faribault vs Windom - Windom Arena 1:00 PM CST

Bagley/Fosston vs Breckenridge/Wahpeton - Ella Stern & Harry Stern Sports Arena 1:00 PM CST
Holy Angels vs Alexandria - Runestone Community Center 1:30 PM CST

Rochester Mayo vs Rochester Century/JM - Rochester Graham Arena Complex 1:45 PM CST
MayPort (N.D.) vs Wadena-Deer Creek - Wadena Ice Arena Postponed

Albert Lea vs Red Wing - Red Wing Prairie Island Arena 2:00 PM CST
Totino-Grace vs Andover - Andover Arena 2:00 PM CST

St. Paul Academy vs River Falls - Wildcat Centre, River Falls 2:00 PM CST
St. Paul Johnson vs Lake of the Woods - International Arena 2:00 PM CST

Mahtomedi vs Hastings - Hastings Civic Arena 2:00 PM CST
Minnesota River vs Worthington - Worthington Arena Postponed

Mound Westonka vs - Rock Ridge - Eveleth Hippodrome 3:00 PM CST
Marshall vs Tartan - Tartan Arena Postponed

Little Falls vs Proctor - St. Luke's Sports & Event Center 3:00 PM CST
Rochester Lourdes vs Two Rivers - West St. Paul Ice Arena 3:00 PM CST

Waconia vs New Prague - New Prague Community Center 3:00 PM CST
Moorhead vs Grand Rapids - Yanmar Arena - Grand Rapids 3:00 PM CST

Minnetonka vs Duluth East - Essentia Duluth Heritage Center 3:00 PM CST
Park of Cottage Grove vs Cretin-Derham Hall - Highland Arena 3:00 PM CST

Coon Rapids vs Cloquet/Esko/Carlton - Cloquet Area Recreation Center 3:00 PM CST
Chaska vs Chanhassen - Victoria Ice Arena 3:00 PM CST

Centennial vs Blaine - Fogerty Arena 3:00 PM CST
Spring Lake Park vs Anoka - Anoka Area Ice Arena 3:00 PM CST

Forest Lake vs Roseville - Roseville Ice Arena 3:15 PM CST
Northern Edge vs Sauk Rapids-Rice - Sports Arena East 3:30 PM CST

Warroad vs Hermantown - Hermantown Hockey Arena 4:00 PM CST
Apple Valley/Burnsville vs Eastview - Apple Valley Sports Arena 4:00 PM CST

Brainerd vs Roseau - Roseau Memorial Arena 4:00 PM CST
Princeton vs Detroit Lakes - Kent Freeman Arena 2:00 PM CST

Northern Lakes vs Duluth Marshall - Mars Lakeview Arena 7:00 PM CST
Orono vs St. Louis Park - St. Louis Park Recreation Center 7:00 PM CST

Hill-Murray vs Simley - Veterans Memorial Community Center 7:00 PM CST
Shakopee vs Farmington - Schmitz-Maki Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST

St. Michael-Albertville vs Eden Prairie - Eden Prairie Community Center 7:00 PM CST
Edina vs Buffalo - Buffalo Civic Center 7:00 PM CST

Owatonna vs Northfield - Northfield Ice Arena 7:15 PM CST
White Bear Lake vs Woodbury - M Health Fairview Sports Complex 7:30 PM CST

Hopkins vs Irondale - National Sports Center 7:30 PM CST
Stillwater vs East Ridge - Cottage Grove Ice Arena 7:30 PM CST

Lakeville North vs Eagan - Eagan Civic Arena7:30 PM CST
Rails Hockey

Re: Games Saturday 1-13-24

Post by Rails Hockey »

Proctor 4
Little Falls 1

Little Falls just beat Hibbing convincingly.

Class A Guy, is there a path for Proctor to get the 3 seed or is the head to head the be all end all?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:39 pm Proctor 4
Little Falls 1

Class A Guy, is there a path for Proctor to get the 3 seed or is the head to head the be all end all?
Win out
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:08 pm
Little Falls 1

Win out
Proctor is the 4 seed lost head to head in only games vs Hermantown, CEC & Hibbing. Unfortunate but they are the 4 seed due to how they have done within 7A play. Right now pretty locked at 1- Hermanrtown, 2- CEC, 3- Hibbing, 4- Proctor, 5- North Shore, 6- Greenway ...
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:15 pm
Little Falls 1

Win out
Proctor is the 4 seed lost head to head in only games vs Hermantown, CEC & Hibbing. Unfortunate but they are the 4 seed due to how they have done within 7A play. Right now pretty locked at 1- Hermanrtown, 2- CEC, 3- Hibbing, 4- Proctor, 5- North Shore, 6- Greenway ...
Elliott with two T’s said win out. What if that happens? Are you saying there’s no path?
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:25 pm

Win out
Elliott with two T’s said win out. What if that happens? Are you saying there’s no path?
Yep no path. Section head to head comes first they lost to Hermantown, CEC & Hibbing

Even if Hibbing or CEC were to upset Hermantown it wont move Proctor up because they lost to all three. They are stuck at 4 due to going (0-3-0) vs the Top 3 seeds. Stinks but just how it will work out. They dont play any of those 3 again and Hibbing and CEC dont play again... Rails look stuck at 4
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:28 pm

Yep no path. Section head to head comes first they lost to Hermantown, CEC & Hibbing

Even if Hibbing or CEC were to upset Hermantown it wont move Proctor up because they lost to all three. They are stuck at 4 due to going (0-3-0) vs the Top 3 seeds. Stinks but just how it will work out. They dont play any of those 3 again and Hibbing and CEC dont play again... Rails look stuck at 4
That’s solid Class A Guy. You’re the guy that understands and sees the whole picture. But if you look at every other poll made up of Coaches, the Rails are ranked higher. And I know you like Page Stat. Rails are #2 in the Section there. So I guess the big question is who are these coaches that are voting? Are any of them in 7A? Do you think Pat Andrews wants to face the Rails in the Semi’s? They have a goalie that is playing at a very elite level right now, and the D is very good too. All really fun stuff here, High School Hockey!
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:37 pm

That’s solid Class A Guy. You’re the guy that understands and sees the whole picture. But if you look at every other poll made up of Coaches, the Rails are ranked higher. And I know you like Page Stat. Rails are #2 in the Section there. So I guess the big question is who are these coaches that are voting? Are any of them in 7A? Do you think Pat Andrews wants to face the Rails in the Semi’s? All really fun stuff here, High School Hockey!
Class A Coaches have took notice of the great year by the Proctor Rails. I love their season. I am just looking at in a Section 7A seeding meeting they will look at head to head within Section 7A first. Proctor lost to all 3 teams I am sure Coach Andrews doesnt want to see Proctor. I am just giving you the outlook in the Section 7A seeding meeting of only 7A coaches they will look at 7A results first. Again, as Elliott will tell you I am just a know it all who is arrogant, but generally history says head to head matter most. If Proctor had beat CEC but lost Hibbing and Hermantown they move up. Its just really cut and Dry right now. Assuming Hermantown beats CEC & Hibbing (Beat CEC, Hibbing & Proctor) 1 seed, CEC (beat Hibbing, Proctor only 7A loss Hawks) 2 seed, Hibbing (beat Proctor 7A Losses to Hermantown & CEC) 3 seed, Proctor (Lost all three above them) 4 seed

Again I love the season Proctor is havign but in 7A only seed meeting I dont see a path outside of the 4 seed. Again, anything can happen. So I will say yes there is a path if the 7A Coaches ignore the 7A results. I want to express love the Rails season just was goign off of how this thing normally works out hope I didnt offend or upset.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

That’s solid Class A Guy. You’re the guy that understands and sees the whole picture. But if you look at every other poll made up of Coaches, the Rails are ranked higher. And I know you like Page Stat. Rails are #2 in the Section there. So I guess the big question is who are these coaches that are voting? Are any of them in 7A? Do you think Pat Andrews wants to face the Rails in the Semi’s? They have a goalie that is playing at a very elite level right now, and the D is very good too. All really fun stuff here, High School Hockey!
To clarify, PageStat has them 3rd in 7A, not 2nd. Cloquet is ahead of them but by a very narrow edge.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Coaches vote
Proctor wins out that will have heavy impact on their voting.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:35 pm Coaches vote
No doubt Lets hope it happens and we can see how it plays out
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Not likely
Even if they do
Even with a 20 win season they need a collapse of
Cloquet or Hibbing
But it is high school hockey

And you get 5 to vote you second
There is always a possibility
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:47 pm Not likely
Even if they do
Even with a 20 win season they need a collapse of
Cloquet or Hibbing
But it is high school hockey

And you get 5 to vote you second
There is always a possibility
No doubt Lets hope it happens and we can see how it plays out
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Big win for Warroad
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:51 pm Big win for Warroad
Huge road win first Class A win in Hawk dome in over 15 years! Fun to see! Class A has 5 to 6 contenders!
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

Yes Sir, coaches vote. Haven’t weird things happened during coaches vote in the past?I I remember everybody complaining about Mike Randolph every year at Toby’s???
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:03 pm
Yes Sir, coaches vote. Haven’t weird things happened during coaches vote in the past?I I remember everybody complaining about Mike Randolph every year at Toby’s???
Cant wait to check back on this when the seeds come out. Feel strongly on the 1-4 debate in 7A but as has been stated anything can happen. Will return this topic when the seeds come out to see what actually happened.
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

east hockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:12 pm

To clarify, PageStat has them 3rd in 7A, not 2nd. Cloquet is ahead of them but by a very narrow edge.

Lee
Thank you Lee, my bad. I looked a few days ago and could have swore they were #2. Those pesky Jacks must have made a move!
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:20 pm
Cant wait to check back on this when the seeds come out. Feel strongly on the 1-4 debate in 7A but as has been stated anything can happen. Will return this topic when the seeds come out to see what actually happened.
Yes sir, nobody is more dialed in to Class A than you are and we all recognize your rankings as the official Class A Rankings. And I personally agree with them too, for whatever that is worth. And I can tell you that all the kids watch your rankings every Sunday too and they love it! Thank you for all of the effort that you put in to Class A. I think it was just five years ago that we didn’t have anything like this. It’s much appreciated!
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:06 pm
ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:20 pm

Yes sir, nobody is more dialed in to Class A than you are and we all recognize your rankings as the official Class A Rankings. And I personally agree with them too, for whatever that is worth. And I can tell you that all the kids watch your rankings every Sunday too and they love it! Thank you for all of the effort that you put in to Class A. I think it was just five years ago that we didn’t have anything like this. It’s much appreciated!
Haven't seen a Rails team this much fun to cover since the 1997 Section 7A Championship Crew Led by Dom Tollaricco (Spelling Bad) but I remember that crew well. I love seeing what they are doing was just giving the perspective of within a Section 7A Seeding Meeting gets taken into account. Overall what a great year and like you said earlier I would not want to see the Rails with AJ in net in a Playoff game regardless of what the seeds will spell out.