HockeyDay Minnesota 2026 Heading to ..... Hastings...

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ClassAGuy

HockeyDay Minnesota 2026 Heading to ..... Hastings...

Post by ClassAGuy »

It was announced that HockeyDay Minnesota in 2026

Interesting choice....
stateofhawkey

Re: HockeyDay Minnesota 2026 Heading to ..... Hastings...

Post by stateofhawkey »

ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:35 pm It was announced that HockeyDay Minnesota in 2026

Interesting choice....
I concur. I thought they might keep up the trend of alternating between being close to the cities and further away. Hastings isn't exactly "the cities," and neither's Shakopee, but pretty close. Hastings must have a bit of a historic program.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

stateofhawkey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:53 pm
ClassAGuy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:35 pm It was announced that HockeyDay Minnesota in 2026

Interesting choice....
I concur. I thought they might keep up the trend of alternating between being close to the cities and further away. Hastings isn't exactly "the cities," and neither's Shakopee, but pretty close. Hastings must have a bit of a historic program.
I thought it was an interesting choice as well. To my knowledge, Hastings doesn't have an illustrious hockey history, and I have no idea what their youth numbers look like. Are they dwindling? Huge? No idea. Definitely feels like no mans land down there. As you said, not quite the cities, not quite rural MN.

That said, Hastings is a beautiful town so there should be no shortage of picturesque locations for the game and festivities
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I think it's a solid choice as imho it pays homage as much to the region as Hastings alone including Red Wing.

And if the idea is to grow hockey in communities as much as anything it surely can't hurt.

It wasn't that long ago that Hastings produced some talent and I'd be happy to see an area like that see some growth.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

The location is fantastic. Could put the rink at the park that lines the river.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

ryguyMN wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:50 pm The location is fantastic. Could put the rink at the park that lines the river.
I believe they already have an outdoor rink in use: the United Heroes League rink