WCHA is FAR SUPERIOR to other leagues.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Johnny_Murphy

WCHA is FAR SUPERIOR to other leagues.

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

I've seen a few CCHA games on cstv this season, and the level of play is far inferior to that of the WCHA teams.....Hockey East is probably the next best league to WCHA....The WCHA has won the last 5 NCAA Championships.....What do you folks think??
refuge

Post by refuge »

True the WCHA has the last 5 champions but the road to those championships has been very thin, 4 of the 5 teams had to win overtime games on their way to the championship. A bounce here or there and we are not talking about 5 straight. Who would have guessed that the CCHA best shot at ending their drought would be NOTRE DAME!
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

ND has really come through and surprised me, i love them during football but never pay attention to football, until now.
BB
Wild4hockey

Post by Wild4hockey »

The WCHA has been an excellant hockey conference. What was it a couple years ago and we had 4 teams in the frozen four. What other conference can say that :!:
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

I guess I picked an awful year to post this topic since there are only 2 wcha teams remaining, and there will only be one after today on account of they play eachother.
formerallstar

Post by formerallstar »

Johnny_Murphy wrote:I guess I picked an awful year to post this topic since there are only 2 wcha teams remaining, and there will only be one after today on account of they play eachother.
Ya not the best timing.............

HOCKEY EAST appears to be the best conference from the 2006-2007 campaign
'07 STATE CONTEST WINNER
'07 COLLEGE TOURNEY WINNER
boblee

post 7519

Post by boblee »

Johnny_Murphy wrote:I guess I picked an awful year to post this topic since there are only 2 wcha teams remaining, and there will only be one after today on account of they play eachother.
Very true.
The Talon

Post by The Talon »

I disagree about hockey east--I think Wisconsin was robbed of a bid and everyone knows that since the WCHA sent 4 to the frozen 4 a couple of years ago there has been an NCAA conspiracy not to let that happen again-case in point-UND and UM in same region-they should have shipped UND to midwest---they would have won it
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

This still could be a very good topic. Sioux win and it's six straight. It would also make 7 of the last 8.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Minn- Nodak- BC all on one side of the bracket. :roll: That is a good way to insure only 1 of top 3 make it to the final.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

they said who had the toughest schedules of the entire NCAA

WCHA teams had the first ten spots because the WCHA is such a tough conference
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

Unfortunatley the WCHA will no longer posess the NCAA trophy....
Hilltopper99

Post by Hilltopper99 »

Obviously WCHA is a great league, but take nothing away from Hockey East. I watched BC dominate Wisconsin earlier this year; (true... the Badgers were only a 500 team, but could play with anyone.) absolutely blew them off the ice. Minnesota / wcha fans don't like to acknowledge that eastern kids can play, but it's obvious they can. Fact: New York has produced the most NHLers currently playing.
grindiangrad-80

Hilltopper99 wrote:Obviously WCHA is a great league, but take nothing away from Hockey East. I watched BC dominate Wisconsin earlier this year; (true... the Badgers were only a 500 team, but could play with anyone.) absolutely blew them off the ice. Minnesota / wcha fans don't like to acknowledge that eastern kids can play, but it's obvious they can. Fact: New York has produced the most NHLers currently playing.
Fact: New York population- 18,900,000
Minnesota population- 4,900,000
Hilltopper99

Post by Hilltopper99 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Hilltopper99 wrote:Obviously WCHA is a great league, but take nothing away from Hockey East. I watched BC dominate Wisconsin earlier this year; (true... the Badgers were only a 500 team, but could play with anyone.) absolutely blew them off the ice. Minnesota / wcha fans don't like to acknowledge that eastern kids can play, but it's obvious they can. Fact: New York has produced the most NHLers currently playing.

Yeah, obviously. You are correct to show that NY and MN isn't really a fair comparison. But NY is hardly a hockey culture. MN breathes it. I would interested to know the youth numbers. I do know this:

NY high school teams = 151
MN high school teams = 158

To be fair, NY has more club teams and in all liklihood has more total kids playing. The topic is about the WCHA's superiority. I'm only saying the teams and players from the east should be acknowledged... which many WCHA fans are loathe to do.
The Talon

Post by The Talon »

It doesn't matter anyway since Mich State from CCHA won it all---so Hockey East is still shut out.

Congrats to Michigan State

BTW-if it makes you feel ay better-Mich State had 3 New Yorkers on its roster-only 2 Minnesotans
grindiangrad-80

Hilltopper99 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:

Yeah, obviously. You are correct to show that NY and MN isn't really a fair comparison. But NY is hardly a hockey culture. MN breathes it. I would interested to know the youth numbers. I do know this:

NY high school teams = 151
MN high school teams = 158

To be fair, NY has more club teams and in all liklihood has more total kids playing. The topic is about the WCHA's superiority. I'm only saying the teams and players from the east should be acknowledged... which many WCHA fans are loathe to do.
You are right- the east does have great hockey.
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

All-time national titles

WCHA-30
CCHA-19
HEA-8

The WCHA has 6 in this decade alone...and it aint over yet...

Hockey East can kiss my @ss