Gardnier to Badgers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Gotothenetman

Gardnier to Badgers

Post by Gotothenetman »

I just heard from a real good source that Jake verbally commited to the Badgers. Congrats
quickgym guy

Re: Gardnier to Badgers

Post by quickgym guy »

Gotothenetman wrote:I just heard from a real good source that Jake verbally commited to the Badgers. Congrats
Where is he from?
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Minnetonka
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Gotothenetman wrote:I just heard from a real good source that Jake verbally commited to the Badgers. Congrats
It was in one of the Madison newspapers on Saturday (see link below).

Gardiner to the BADgers
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Gotothenetman wrote:Minnetonka
Thanks.
suntzu

Post by suntzu »

Gopher Blog wrote:
It was in one of the Madison newspapers on Saturday (see link below).

Gardiner to the BADgers
Good for Jake. Great kid - very well deserved!
breakout

Post by breakout »

Congratulations to Jake.

GBs 4 must read newspapers 1. Star Trib 2. Wall Street 3. USA Today 4. One of the Madison Papers :wink:

Heisenberg must be running a bit behind. I don't see the report on his website.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

breakout wrote:Congratulations to Jake.

GBs 4 must read newspapers 1. Star Trib 2. Wall Street 3. USA Today 4. One of the Madison Papers :wink:

No need to read those puke fish wraps that follow the BADgers. ;)

I just saw the link from somewhere else. :lol:
Last edited by Gopher Blog on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Gopher Blog wrote:
breakout wrote:Congratulations to Jake.

No need to read those puke fish warps that follow the BADgers. ;)

I just saw the link from somewhere else. :lol:
Had to give you a jab.............all in good fun.
forecheck

Post by forecheck »

Is he a forward or a defenseman? I heard he just recently switched positions and has never played defense for Tonka, is this true? Kind of
surprises me then about the Badgers. Good Luck to Jake.
wildabouthockey

Post by wildabouthockey »

Doesn't really seem likely that Wisconsin would pick him up after switching positions and not being able to follow him...last year he was a sub in the Elite league...seems very odd if it is true.
suntzu

Post by suntzu »

wildabouthockey wrote:Doesn't really seem likely that Wisconsin would pick him up after switching positions and not being able to follow him...last year he was a sub in the Elite league...seems very odd if it is true.
He played D in the Advanced 17 Festival and Final 51 as well as Model Camp. He had coaches from several D1 schools (including Wisconsin) tracking him at all three events. I trust that Eaves and his staff have an idea of what they are looking for...
breakout

Post by breakout »

suntzu wrote:
wildabouthockey wrote:Doesn't really seem likely that Wisconsin would pick him up after switching positions and not being able to follow him...last year he was a sub in the Elite league...seems very odd if it is true.
He played D in the Advanced 17 Festival and Final 51 as well as Model Camp. He had coaches from several D1 schools (including Wisconsin) tracking him at all three events. I trust that Eaves and his staff have an idea of what they are looking for...
Heisenberg has reported it:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... D4LEtZ3kFg

Congratulations to Jake
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

breakout wrote:Heisenberg has reported it:
I guess he needed some catch up time on old news this weekend. :lol:
breakout

Post by breakout »

Gopher Blog wrote:
breakout wrote:Heisenberg has reported it:
I guess he needed some catch up time on old news this weekend. :lol:

He is usually on top of things. I guess he doesn't get the Wisconsin papers like some people :lol:
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

breakout wrote:He is usually on top of things. I guess he doesn't get the Wisconsin papers like some people :lol:
Maybe not. I suppose he could rely on getting his news here too. It seems that works for you. :lol:
breakout

Post by breakout »

Gopher Blog wrote:
breakout wrote:He is usually on top of things. I guess he doesn't get the Wisconsin papers like some people :lol:
Maybe not. I suppose he could rely on getting his news here too. It seems that works for you. :lol:
You are correct!
wildabouthockey

Shocking!
forecheck

Post by forecheck »

suntzu wrote:
I'm sure they do know what they are looking for. I just knew Jake had been a forward for all of
his playing years up until the selects this year, therefore he hasn't played
in any VARSITY games as a D, that is what is surprising to me and to
wilabouthockey...good move though to change positions for Jake
breakout

Post by breakout »

Doesn't Eaves like kids that are big and can bang?
hockeyguy99

Post by hockeyguy99 »

Gardiner is fairly big..
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

hockeyguy99 wrote:Gardiner is fairly big..
Gardiner is very complete hockey player and he didn't put up the big numbers last year because it was seemingly his job to get the puck to Jack Paul...until he switched to D. I think the Badgers got a good one with this kid. Plus he's got a hot mom! :D
breakout

Post by breakout »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
hockeyguy99 wrote:Gardiner is fairly big..
Gardiner is very complete hockey player and he didn't put up the big numbers last year because it was seemingly his job to get the puck to Jack Paul...until he switched to D. I think the Badgers got a good one with this kid. Plus he's got a hot mom! :D
Do you think Eaves went with the hot Mom pick? It's been done in youth sports................but college??? I am kidding

From what I hear, Mr. Paul wasn't big on passing. Therefore, someone had to hit him on the stick in order for him to put up those points.

Huh, talented player doesn't pass the puck doesn't go anywhere. Hint, selfish play usually doesn't take players to higher levels.............go figure :shock:
hockey59

Jakes move to D

Post by hockey59 »

forecheck wrote:
suntzu wrote:
I'm sure they do know what they are looking for. I just knew Jake had been a forward for all of
his playing years up until the selects this year, therefore he hasn't played
in any VARSITY games as a D, that is what is surprising to me and to
wilabouthockey...good move though to change positions for Jake
After 3 games at the National 17 Festival (with 2 games left to play on Thursday and Friday) Defenseman Jake Gardiner (Team Purple) leads all MN scorers with 2 goals and 3 assists for 5 points.
wildabouthockey

Haven't talked to anyone yet who understands this. Just isn't adding up.