Student Sections

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

espnmobile8

Student Sections

Post by espnmobile8 »

As a new year begins, new Seniors are attending the games. This means, NEW SUPERFANS!

How are the student sections looking? Which schools have had the strongest? And, I know I'm cramming a lot into one topic, let's get some good chants that have been tossed around this year.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

We have only had girls games so far and Richfield has had some good student sections. Boys games begin tomorrow night with AHA, their fan base will be small as usual. Richfield plays on Thursday and the pep band is coming so that should be fun.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Zamman wrote:We have only had girls games so far and Richfield has had some good student sections. Boys games begin tomorrow night with AHA, their fan base will be small as usual. Richfield plays on Thursday and the pep band is coming so that should be fun.
I'll be in your fine facility tomorrow night... I don't expect it to be the best game I see all year, but any chance I get to grab a burger & beer at Fenchmans and take in a game at Richfield, I have to jump at it.
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Burnsville usually has a good fan base, too.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Govs93 wrote:
Zamman wrote:We have only had girls games so far and Richfield has had some good student sections. Boys games begin tomorrow night with AHA, their fan base will be small as usual. Richfield plays on Thursday and the pep band is coming so that should be fun.
I'll be in your fine facility tomorrow night... I don't expect it to be the best game I see all year, but any chance I get to grab a burger & beer at Fenchmans and take in a game at Richfield, I have to jump at it.
Speak up when you are there, I will more than likely be in the corner watching the game. But I may be on the machine. I try to watch their games rather then drive. I will drive for the other three varsity teams.
5 Hole

Post by 5 Hole »

Brainerd will be WAY down from last year. . .
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

I haven't seen anything too exciting this year. Maple Grove had a decent sized student section at the Turkey Trot, but all they did was stand there b.s.'ing with each other. I'm fine with student sections standing and making their noise and whatnot, but if all you're going to do is stand on near the glass comparing cellphones and telling each other how "cute" each others "outfits" are, do it sitting down so the rest of us can see. :evil:
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

The Jefferson student section has been looking quite good so far.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Burnsville had a good section in their first game vs Jefferson (as did Jefferson) and against Edina.

Eagan's is pretty weak.

Kennedy doesnt even have fans.

Lakeville North seems to have there own version of the applause button
hockeyfan95

Post by hockeyfan95 »

the I Falls crowd has got the old "hide behind the newspaper" trick down but have yet to unveil the customary throwing of dead animals onto the ice this year...can't wait to see what they come up with...
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

Some guy last year at the state tourney told me to sit down, I told him to go to the open section, so he can see!
superfan08

Post by superfan08 »

burnsville probably has one of the greatest student sections out there, they are so good they are no longer allowed to sit behind the opposing teams bench because they were to loud at the edina game. their fans are also out tailgating in the parking lot 2 hours befor every game
breakout

Post by breakout »

superfan08 wrote:burnsville probably has one of the greatest student sections out there, they are so good they are no longer allowed to sit behind the opposing teams bench because they were to loud at the edina game. their fans are also out tailgating in the parking lot 2 hours befor every game

As long as they aren't drinking.............great idea.

Burnsville has great student support.
mnpuck1233

Post by mnpuck1233 »

The bville fans drink..that is hot chocolate and coffee..and yes us bville fans are on top and will remain on top until another schools fans get too loud they cant stand where they usually stand..come see me
rbk28

Post by rbk28 »

mnpuck1233 wrote:The bville fans drink..that is hot chocolate and coffee..and yes us bville fans are on top and will remain on top until another schools fans get too loud they cant stand where they usually stand..come see me
too bad section 216 tooled you at the state tourney...BROKEBACK BURNSVILLE...classic :D
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Gopherpuckplayer, What did he say back to you?
HOUNDS
GopherPuckPlayer

Lucia4President wrote:Gopherpuckplayer, What did he say back to you?
Nothing he knew he couldnt control me now, and that I was now In everyones stands, and it wasnt just his stands. And what did he do, STAND DOWN!
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

Park Rapids about 5 years ago maybe 4 was a sick croud!!!...completly packed abd completly crazy!!..but now days its not so great...but not bad
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
GopherPuckPlayer

Well I know LF doesn't have a big rink, but it is always full!
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

The Elkoholics. Idk about this year, but of the past they're great... not being able to sit where you usually sit? They had to put up a steel cage to keep us off the glass after the 2004 season. Applause Button, yes sir. Labeled "best high school hockey fans in the past tens years" during the FSN game at Anoka last season.

I did like the footage of what Burnsville did in the Edina game. Alot of props. I feel good things from the blaze.

Jefferson has always had a great student tradition.
Creator of the Original Applause Button,

Big_Thurst
5 Hole

Post by 5 Hole »

big_thurst wrote: They had to put up a steel cage to keep us off the glass after the 2004 season.
Wouldn't that have been your sophomore year? Not sure how much credit YOU can take on that one :lol:

But your right the Elkohalics are always solid. Although I heard they did nothing this past saturday during the Brainerd game. . . You can always bet Jefferson will have sick crowds
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

5 Hole wrote:
big_thurst wrote: They had to put up a steel cage to keep us off the glass after the 2004 season.
Wouldn't that have been your sophomore year? Not sure how much credit YOU can take on that one :lol:
I never took credit for it, but yeah I was at the game and I was most definitely on the glass. I'm just saying the Elkoholics have always been crazy since like mid 90's.
Creator of the Original Applause Button,

Big_Thurst
Dirty Dangler

Post by Dirty Dangler »

mnpuck1233 wrote:The bville fans drink..that is hot chocolate and coffee..and yes us bville fans are on top and will remain on top until another schools fans get too loud they cant stand where they usually stand..come see me

Well at St. Cloud Apollo were having that problem right now, us fans got somthing to cheer about and were likeing it and the 2nd home game of the year we got kicked out of our section, but i think its mostly due to our ridiculous AD. Its frustrating, got any good advice for us.
5 Hole

Post by 5 Hole »

Dirty Dangler wrote:
Well at St. Cloud Apollo were having that problem right now, us fans got somthing to cheer about and were likeing it and the 2nd home game of the year we got kicked out of our section, but i think its mostly due to our ridiculous AD. Its frustrating, got any good advice for us.
"Dirty Dangler" doesn't that name seem familiar Thristy??

Dirty D, one thing you can do is force the AD's to start kicking people out of the game. Make them make a play on you guys, and flex their power. Until that happens just keep doing what your doing. . .
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

Red Wing still has the 'no standing so the band can see clearly' rule, so obviously nothing too interesting happens out of there.