Who can beat Roseau?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which of these teams has the best chance to beat Roseau?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:00 pm

Bemidji
3%
Moorhead
11%
Crookston
No votes
St. Cloud Tech
1%
Warroad
6%
Brainerd
11%
Thief River Falls
3%
Blaine
15%
International Falls
22%
Grand Rapids
28%

Total votes: 72

RoseauHockeyFan

Who can beat Roseau?

Post by RoseauHockeyFan »

Now that Roseau is past Bloomington Jefferson and Red River, who among the remaining teams on Roseau's schedule has the greatest chance of ending their undefeated season?
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

I'd say Grand Rapids would be the best choice to beat the Rams. 8) Brainerd may be able to be the Rams but they'd have to play their best game :!:
The DEMON
parrish4president

Re: Who can beat Roseau?

Post by parrish4president »

RoseauHockeyFan wrote:Now that Roseau is past Bloomington Jefferson and Red River, who among the remaining teams on Roseau's schedule has the greatest chance of ending their undefeated season?
To be honest, I dont think any of those teams will beat Roseau, it will have to be Tourney time before Roseau faces teams that can beat them.

I think that there are four teams that match up well against Roseau's lines and style of play.

Edina and Jefferson (pending the return of Herbert) are the best bets in my opinion. Now, granted, Both are in the same section and Edina is the better team. Both teams have the style that tends to work on Northern teams and have more than one solid line of forwards that should be able to get around the wall they call 'Ness'. Defeat Ness and you defeat Roseau (I am making it sound easier than it really is! haha).

the other two are Tonka and Hill

Both teams have great depth. Tonka should be able to completely shut down Roseau's forwards, while Hill's speed should force Roseau to rotate Ness out more than usual.

All n' All I hope Roseau goes 1.0 in the regular and then shows what they may be capable of come tourney time.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

If Roseau loses a game in 2008 I'd be surprised. If it does happen, it won't happen any earlier than March 6th, they are too good.

Of the teams listed, although I don't think it'll happen, I'd say Brainerd has the best chance.
-Beat Moorhead 7-2 away and remaining game is home.
-Int. Falls went into OT with LOW last night.
-Beat TRF away, remaining game home.
-Blaine is all right, not that good though.
-Grand Rapids won't beat them in Roseau.
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

Ewe take da Rams in a three game series vs. all of the teams that remain on the schedule.....

But one game...in hockey...most any of those teams could win one vs the Rams, there have been much bigger upsets than any of these would be.

The tough thing with Roseau as they showed yesterday vs RR, you can outplay the Ram forwards, you can exploit weaknesses in the Ram defense, but you still have to beat Mike Lee in the end...you must play very very well to do all three of those things.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

While most if not all of the teams could pull an upset, the team that has the best chance to beat Roseau is...Roseau. 8)
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:If Roseau loses a game in 2008 I'd be surprised. If it does happen, it won't happen any earlier than March 6th, they are too good.

Of the teams listed, although I don't think it'll happen, I'd say Brainerd has the best chance.
-Beat Moorhead 7-2 away and remaining game is home.
-Int. Falls went into OT with LOW last night.
-Beat TRF away, remaining game home.
-Blaine is all right, not that good though.
-Grand Rapids won't beat them in Roseau.
Probably a pretty irrelevant point here. I Falls outshot LOW 57-23. A hot goaltender can take any team a long ways.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

The only team to have a shot at beating Roseau will be a metro team come March.
wingmaster

Post by wingmaster »

[quote="Pioneerprideguy"]The only team to have a shot at beating Roseau will be a metro team come March.[/quote

by looking at the poll, you are picking blaine then?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

wingmaster wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:The only team to have a shot at beating Roseau will be a metro team come March.
The Blaine game is outside. Anything can happen there. Thread is title "who can". Blaine "can".
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

State Champ 97 wrote:While most if not all of the teams could pull an upset, the team that has the best chance to beat Roseau is...Roseau. 8)
I 2nd that!
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Neutron 14 wrote:
wingmaster wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:The only team to have a shot at beating Roseau will be a metro team come March.[/quote

The Blaine game is outside. Anything can happen there. Thread is title "who can". Blaine "can".
Nice call Neut. Anything can happen outside. Looks like a lot of wasted votes were made looking at the results. One team that already has six votes will see running time. Hot goalie in LOW or not.
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

Neutron 14 wrote: The Blaine game is outside. Anything can happen there. Thread is title "who can". Blaine "can".
are they drillin holes in the ice this year for the 4th liners?

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

hawkfan70 wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: The Blaine game is outside. Anything can happen there. Thread is title "who can". Blaine "can".

If the wind is blowing, I wouldn't even dress them. Maybe leave 'em in the warming shack.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Neutron 14 wrote:
hawkfan70 wrote:

If the wind is blowing, I wouldn't even dress them. Maybe leave 'em in the warming shack.
If you are talking about the building on the bank of the river I heard it's sold out.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
hawkfan70 wrote: are they drillin holes in the ice this year for the 4th liners?

If you are talking about the building on the bank of the river I heard it's sold out.
I was thinking Bombardier... :lol:
doubleeagle

Roseau-unbeatable?

Post by doubleeagle »

Moorhead might be the team to end Roseau's unbeaten season next Tuesday at Memorial Arena. They have the speed to stay with Roseau's forwards and their defense is tightening up. A change of goaltenders from the first meeting can be expected,too.
BigM3810

Post by BigM3810 »

Brainerd in an upset Feb 2nd at the BACC. I'll be there to see it.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

I think the only way these guys will go down is if they run into Tonka and tonka still needs to play very well.
BB
lampthelight

Post by lampthelight »

The Rams will Lose when the Patriots lose.... Next Year. End of story.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too
hockeydude42

Post by hockeydude42 »

I don't think any of the teams have a real good shot at beating Roseau, but anything can happen. I'd like to see a state tourney matchup between them and a team like Tonka or Edina. After all, Tonka did beat them in a pre-season scrimmage.
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

St Cloud Tech :shock:
HOUNDS
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
wingmaster wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:The only team to have a shot at beating Roseau will be a metro team come March.
No, they all can. Whether they will or not is the real question.
slapshooter

7,280th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 "Forget it!"

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8
hockeyfan43

Post by hockeyfan43 »

Edina in the tourney