JGB State

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

UNDlars

JGB State

Post by UNDlars »

The top 4 teams are set so I thought now would be a good time to start the JGB State thread.

Here are the games:

RAVE vs Roseville

White Bear-Orange vs Woodbury-White

Edina vs Wayzata

Lakeville vs Buffalo
Last edited by UNDlars on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
buffJG4life07

Post by buffJG4life07 »

well buffalo just beat burnsville 4 to 2, as a player i would like to thank all the teams in the playdown for keeping the games clean, that made the whole weekend an enjoyable one, so thanks
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

Who won the other games?
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Wessy's lost to Wayzata for the M7 seed in OT
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

To any teams that play woodburry,

they are the only team in state where i can see it getting chippy, watch your backs because they will run you and they wont be afraid the throw cheap shots or punches. 27 is probably the best at getting away with the cheap stuff on their team. some of their players are out to hurt.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

Sauce2122 wrote:To any teams that play woodburry,

they are the only team in state where i can see it getting chippy, watch your backs because they will run you and they wont be afraid the throw cheap shots or punches. 27 is probably the best at getting away with the cheap stuff on their team. some of their players are out to hurt.
I second that one, play clean, have fun, remember it forever.
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

Number 19 on Woodbury is the only player who would go out to hurt. Kid isnt very good so he throws cheap shots all game. The rest of them are just physical players who sometimes get caught up with some cheap stuff.
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

No Im sure 7 would try and hurt someone but he's too much of a pansy and just runs his mouth all game and makes stupid remarks about mouth guards and laughs when our player gets hit from behind. Also number 27 took runs at us all game but wasnt very successful with it.
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

Woodbury did play lakeville pretty tough and it probably would have been a better game had there not been so many penalties on both teams. I'm hoping to see a rematch in the state final.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Lakeville - 7 penalties
Woodburry - 14 penalties

Woodburry wont get past the first round, and if they do, their goalie will get ripped apart by RAVE. Just like the other games vs lakeville for them.
bladesofsteel

Post by bladesofsteel »

woodbury may not win, but i dont think lakeville has a chance to win the whole thing either so untill you do, u might just want to focus on playing
RaveHinker

Post by RaveHinker »

Lakeville has just as good of an opportunity to win as anyone else does.
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

What team do you play for bladesofsteel?
buffjrgold13

Post by buffjrgold13 »

what do you think buffalo's chances are against lakeville?
TheHeights

Post by TheHeights »

buffjrgold13 wrote:what do you think buffalo's chances are against lakeville?
not very good. we (IGH) beat buffalo in albert lea 1-0 i think and we got dominated by lakeville both times we played them. 7-2 then 6-2. I don't remember buffalo being anything special, but Lakeville is very fast and can control the puck very well.
RaveHinker

Post by RaveHinker »

All previous scores and games don't really matter. But the buffalo vs. lakeville game will be close. But I take Lakeville on top.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

bladesofsteel wrote:woodbury may not win, but i dont think lakeville has a chance to win the whole thing either so untill you do, u might just want to focus on playing
how does lakeville not have a chance? I'm not saying we will we have to play insane three games in a row. its like saying Rave and Edina dont have a chance either. Does no one in the tournament have a chance of winning?
kraven16

RAVE wins it

Post by kraven16 »

I think plain and simple-RAVE wins state. They have put themselves in the best section of the draw so they will only have to face either edina or lakeville in the championship, but not both. I think edina or lakeville will fight it out in the semifinals which will put the winner in a disadvantage in the championship. I do not think there is a team that uses better strategy then RAVE. They have shown they can contain top lines, play great defense and score. I don't think RAVE has the best talent in the league, but together as a unit they work together better than anyone. No one is better at playing in close games. It always seems like they have the tools to put themselves in the winning column.

I bring up one victory from last year when they beat woodbury in the state semifinals. Woodbury had crushed tartan and wayzata during the season the #2 and #3 seeds in the metro hockey league. RAVE had barely beaten both tartan and wayzata during the season, but they contained a good woodbury team that had a top line that was incredible. RAVE beat woodbury 1-0 which i though was really impressive. I would love to hear a RAVE player from last year comment on that game cause I didn't see the game. Nonetheless, it was an impressive win.
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

The only reason they have the good draw is because of the crappy seeding system for the state tourney. District 8 gets the 3 seed and 5 seed regardless of what they are ranked or who they have beat during the season. The bracket should have Lakeville number 1, followed by Rave and Edina, and then Lakeville would only have to face one of those teams. It doesn't work that way though and it should be a pretty hard road for Lakeville, and also don't overlook the fact that Rave has to play Roseville first game and then White Bear Lake Orange second round, so they also have a very hard road to the Championship.
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

There isn't an easy draw when it comes to state. Everyone seems to talk about the big 3 of Lakeville, RAVE, and Edina, but anyone can beat anyone at this time of year. Roseville is a damn good team and they had to beat a tough White Bear-Black team to get in. You can't overlook a 25 win team in March. White Bear-Orange is probably the most talented team in the tourney. They handed Lakeville one of their two losses on the season so they have to be considered a contender. I don't think there is a harder working, more "in your face" team than Buffalo. They have a couple of skilled guys, but everyone in that lineup is grinder and not afraid to leave it all on the ice. Just because RAVE earned the top seed doesn't make their draw a cakewalk.
kraven16

Post by kraven16 »

The seeding does not matter at all I agree cause I think RAVE proabably got the toughest first round matchup. Edina and Lakeville get to both play teams they have handled easily.

Over the past two years RAVE has managed to be just allusive when it comes to playing in tight games and I think they have proved that time and time again this year. Mix there synergy with a runner-up finish from last year and I think you got your winner. I don't think any team can match RAVE's synergy.
RaveHinker

Post by RaveHinker »

all teams are going to be tested throughout the tournament. Think what you want but theres going to be some great hockey being played, no "cakewalks" or "easily handled" games are going to happen.
minnhock007

Post by minnhock007 »

Have Edina and Lakeville played each other this year? If so, what was the outcome?
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

Lakeville and Edina have met twice this season, both outcomes with Lakeville winning. The first game was back at the beginning of Jan. in the Albert Lea Tourney, and Lakeville won 4-3. Also, in the championship game of the Edina Tourney, Lakeville won 5-3.
buffjrgold13

Post by buffjrgold13 »

TheHeights wrote:
buffjrgold13 wrote:what do you think buffalo's chances are against lakeville?
not very good. we (IGH) beat buffalo in albert lea 1-0 i think and we got dominated by lakeville both times we played them. 7-2 then 6-2. I don't remember buffalo being anything special, but Lakeville is very fast and can control the puck very well.
first of all buffalo outshot IGH 3-1 throughout the game but couldn't find the back of the net. Also, at that time in the season we weren't as solid as we are now. We were tying teams like forest lake and north st. paul. Lately we realized we have a good run at things and have picked up the pace. we have played well recently. Roseville was prolly a more skilled team then us but we beat them. White Bear was a more skilled team than us and we had a greater chance than any to win that game. 6 missed breakaways and a few missed open netters really gave the game away. Lakeville is going to be a better team than us but just don't count us out yet is all i'm saying.