AA State Championship EDINA vs HILL MURRAY

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Edina Hornets
54%
Hill Murray Pioneers
46%

Total votes: 91

pipersniper12

AA State Championship EDINA vs HILL MURRAY

Post by pipersniper12 »

Which team goes home #1.
minnesotahockeyfan

Post by minnesotahockeyfan »

the bounces finally go AGAINST hill murray

Phillippi chokes again

Edina 6-3
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

I like Edina's size and I like Phillippi. As far as I'm concerned it's a toss up.
Not a big fan of either team but got to go for the public school.
IrishStiff

Post by IrishStiff »

Hill Murray
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

It's really hard to say. Edina isn't impressive in their own zone, and their goaltending is alright but nothing spectacular. Hill are better in those areas, but Edina has a sizeable advantage on offense obviously. It should be fun.

If I'm correct, Hill has never beaten Edina in post-season. So if they pull the final off, it would go down as their greatest triumph.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

Who cares? Nobody north of Forest Lake will be watching anyway. I'm so sick of Lou Nanne I could vomit. If you're not from the metro Lou doesn't think you exist. H-M did play one heck of a game, and they took the Rams out of their element.. I'm sure this post will raise a serious rukous with everyone south of Forest Lake.......................
defenseman7

Post by defenseman7 »

rockcrusher wrote:Who cares? Nobody north of Forest Lake will be watching anyway. I'm so sick of Lou Nanne I could vomit. If you're not from the metro Lou doesn't think you exist. H-M did play one heck of a game, and they took the Rams out of their element.. I'm sure this post will raise a serious rukous with everyone south of Forest Lake.......................
hell yeah dude. lou nanne was so ridiculous
IrishStiff

Post by IrishStiff »

rockcrusher wrote:Who cares? Nobody north of Forest Lake will be watching anyway. I'm so sick of Lou Nanne I could vomit. If you're not from the metro Lou doesn't think you exist. H-M did play one heck of a game, and they took the Rams out of their element.. I'm sure this post will raise a serious rukous with everyone south of Forest Lake.......................
Lou falls in love with any team that is winning. He has done the same for many northern teams.
pacman

Post by pacman »

If Phillipie is on like he was tonight, Edina will have Trouble

Ill take

Hill Murray 4
Edina 3

F/2 OT
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Sore Loser! Don't blame the announcers. You can still win the JV title.
rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

Mulefarm.
Seems like more people agree with me than you.
O-townClown

G

Post by O-townClown »

pacman wrote:If Phillipie is on like he was tonight, Edina will have Trouble

Ill take

Hill Murray 4
Edina 3

F/2 OT
I always laugh when I read or hear about goaltending. Guys look great...until they let in a puck. Lee was the second coming and gave up four tonight. Why? He's still a great goaltender, but sometimes goalies have no chance.

Edina hasn't made many goalies look good this season. They may lose, but it will go way beyond goaltending.

One of the best 3rd Place games ever, don'tcha think?
Be kind. Rewind.
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

mulefarm wrote:
Sore Loser! Don't blame the announcers. You can still win the JV title.

heee hahhh
heee hahhh
heee hahhh
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

rockcrusher wrote:Mulefarm.
I'm sorry guys, I don't see it (Nanne picking on Northern teams) He called it the way he saw it tonight and he was right. Roseau was outplayed. I'm as surprised as anyone but thought Nanne was fair in his assessment of the game.

That being said, Edina 4- Hill Murray 3
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

Nanne= fair weather fan

I hope its not raining tomorrow :lol:
The DEMON
Lurker 83

Post by Lurker 83 »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:It's really hard to say. Edina isn't impressive in their own zone, and their goaltending is alright but nothing spectacular. Hill are better in those areas, but Edina has a sizeable advantage on offense obviously. It should be fun.

If I'm correct, Hill has never beaten Edina in post-season. So if they pull the final off, it would go down as their greatest triumph.
Isn't HM the team that is the highest scoring in the state and just doubled the most allowed all seaon against the formerly undefeated defending champs? But Edina has the offensive advantage?

If not for Lee, Hill could have had three-four more goals on breakaways.

Edina has to be ready for a Hill team that likes to hit and take advantage when Hill takes bad penalties. (I hope they don't :) )

HM gets revenge for '88 5-3 Pioneers
dangles9

Post by dangles9 »

As far as I can tell, this will be one hell of a game. If HM plays like they did tonight, the hornets will have their hands full. But then again, they are going to anyways. I was quite impressed with HM's defense. Ness was able to accomplsih absolutely nothing against HM's defensive play.
But as I've heard, HM has a strange talent for choking. With Edina's offense (watch out for Gleason, and the super juniors+ Lee), and Goaltending (did you see Rusty's paddle save on the 2-1 in OT- amazing), they could capture their first title since '97.
5-3 for the H-O-R-N-E-T-S w/ an empty netter. I may be a bit biased here-I go to Edina- but hell, I tried not to be.
So maybe we can let the student sections decide the game tomorrow night. It'll be one to remember.
O-townClown

who did they play

Post by O-townClown »

Lurker 83 wrote:
Isn't HM the team that is the highest scoring in the state
My gosh, let's hope so.
Be kind. Rewind.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Lurker 83 wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:It's really hard to say. Edina isn't impressive in their own zone, and their goaltending is alright but nothing spectacular. Hill are better in those areas, but Edina has a sizeable advantage on offense obviously. It should be fun.

Isn't HM the team that is the highest scoring in the state and just doubled the most allowed all seaon against the formerly undefeated defending champs? But Edina has the offensive advantage?

Edina has to be ready for a Hill team that likes to hit and take advantage when Hill takes bad penalties. (I hope they don't :) )

Let me put it this way. Hill could not have an average defense and still expect to get to the state final just on pure offense. That's how big and developed this Edina first line is. They can have an average D and still be in the final.
Nostalgic Nerd

Re: G

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

O-townClown wrote:
pacman wrote:If Phillipie is on like he was tonight, Edina will have Trouble

Ill take

Hill Murray 4
Edina 3

F/2 OT
I always laugh when I read or hear about goaltending. Guys look great...until they let in a puck. Lee was the second coming and gave up four tonight. Why? He's still a great goaltender, but sometimes goalies have no chance.

Edina hasn't made many goalies look good this season. They may lose, but it will go way beyond goaltending.

One of the best 3rd Place games ever, don'tcha think?
Yeah, that third goal he gave up on his right side pad was perfect location. Nothing there he could've done.
TheMeanRichJokeMan

Post by TheMeanRichJokeMan »

I like Hill. This game will come down to goaltending and I'll take Phillipi over Cashetta every time.

Hill-Murray 5
Edina 2

Philippi is tourney MVP.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

A fun final it should be. Edina and Hill are loaded with speed and quick sticks. The difference maker for Hill will be if they are physical like they were tonight as well as Phillippi's confident play. Congrats to the Pioneers on a solid win over Roseau and best of luck against the Hornets!!

Pioneers 4, Edina 2 (en)
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

HM has an edge in depth. Goaltending is close but edgw to HM. If Edina gets 6 PP chances I think they will win, if not HM.
Lurker 83

Post by Lurker 83 »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
Lurker 83 wrote:

Let me put it this way. Hill could not have an average defense and still expect to get to the state final just on pure offense. That's how big and developed this Edina first line is. They can have an average D and still be in the final.
I missed the Edina games so can't give an opinion on Edina's size but I will take the well-rounded team 99% of the time. Hill has proven to have offense, defense and a GK who is not choking. (Note to Hill fans- say extra Hail Mary tonight.)

Let's play the game and see who is right.
wingmaster

Post by wingmaster »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
rockcrusher wrote:Mulefarm.
I'm sorry guys, I don't see it (Nanne picking on Northern teams) He called it the way he saw it tonight and he was right. Roseau was outplayed. I'm as surprised as anyone but thought Nanne was fair in his assessment of the game.

That being said, Edina 4- Hill Murray 3
I had the mute on, did the score change because of the annoucer or something?