JGA state reffing

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

JR.

JGA state reffing

Post by JR. »

sucked. Who agrees?
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

I assume we are talking JGA right? I didn't want to be the one to bring it up, but as long as somebody else did I'll voice my opinion: sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked,

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Sucked.

Did I mention it sucked?
Iraqnam
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

agreed, it was terrible
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

The "B" tournament had some pretty poor officiating as well.
easton23

Post by easton23 »

The reason why the refs were bad was because they were being evaluated. Why they were doing this in a state tournament is beyond me. In the tonka vs. cenn. game both head coaches got kicked out for their next game because of the 15 penalty rule. Its the STATE TOURNAMENT let the guys play.
Dan Druff

Post by Dan Druff »

agreed 100%. i dont know if any watched minnesota vs. MSU this weekend, but when it gets down to the wire in championship hockey, the refs keep there whistle in their pocket, no penalties were called in the 3rd period or overtimes. i agree on letting the players play and leave the whistle in the pocket in championship hockey games. Ridiculous
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

easton23 wrote:The reason why the refs were bad was because they were being evaluated. Why they were doing this in a state tournament is beyond me. In the tonka vs. cenn. game both head coaches got kicked out for their next game because of the 15 penalty rule. Its the STATE TOURNAMENT let the guys play.
I also heard the refs were being evaluated, very poor timing!
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Whom ever officiated( my bad wasted air) the GR Edina game sucked donkey weiners! WORTHLESS and GUTLESS!
mama's boy

Post by mama's boy »

AGREED 100%
I would also like to say that ruining a senior's last game by ejecting them for a horrible call is quite pathetic, come on guys. Let us play the game. I also know that there was a comment made by one of the refs from Rapids *cough* Cavanaugh cough* that every kid is out there trying to hurt someone. This needs to be addressed. I know this isn't true, I'm a player on the Rapids JG team and I'm out there to play because I love the game.
JR.

Post by JR. »

Happy to see that others agree with me :lol:
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

mama's boy wrote:AGREED 100%
I would also like to say that ruining a senior's last game by ejecting them for a horrible call is quite pathetic, come on guys. Let us play the game. I also know that there was a comment made by one of the refs from Rapids *cough* Cavanaugh cough* that every kid is out there trying to hurt someone. This needs to be addressed. I know this isn't true, I'm a player on the Rapids JG team and I'm out there to play because I love the game.
Cavanaugh is an AHOLE, there is no other way to say it!
HavinFun

Post by HavinFun »

So enlighten us....

Why in your opinion was the officiating poor at the JGA Tourny?
JGACoach

Post by JGACoach »

bad.
Last edited by JGACoach on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JR.

Post by JR. »

HavinFun wrote:So enlighten us....

Why in your opinion was the officiating poor at the JGA Tourny?
Refs deciding over half of the games outcomes by calling penalties and linesman blocking 20+ pucks going up the boards.
QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker »

The officials are always evaluated at EVRY state tournament. It's how it works.

Lineman would not block puck going up the boards if players got there heads up before they shot the puck.

Can anyone show me a line in the rule book where it says "let the kids play"?
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

QuackerTracker wrote:The officials are always evaluated at EVRY state tournament. It's how it works.

Lineman would not block puck going up the boards if players got there heads up before they shot the puck.

Can anyone show me a line in the rule book where it says "let the kids play"?
What ever, you know were you can stick your rule book!
downwithcloquet

Post by downwithcloquet »

u guys must all be from rapids or edina because the rapids kids were out there to hurt people. the goalie got tossed for throwing an f bomb at the ref that the whole arena heard
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

downwithcloquet wrote:u guys must all be from rapids or edina because the rapids kids were out there to hurt people. the goalie got tossed for throwing an f bomb at the ref that the whole arena heard
Hurt people, whatever stevie wonder!
downwithcloquet

Ok big guy at the end of the second during the rapids duluth game a rapids player came out of the box after the horn and threw a kid into the boards and went after another one
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

downwithcloquet wrote:Ok big guy at the end of the second during the rapids duluth game a rapids player came out of the box after the horn and threw a kid into the boards and went after another one
You might want to get the facts first, befoe you spout off!!!
downwithcloquet

I dont know but being at the game is about as close as your gonna get to actually seeing it u must have been one of the annoying college kids on the end that everyone hated
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

downwithcloquet wrote:Ok big guy at the end of the second during the rapids duluth game a rapids player came out of the box after the horn and threw a kid into the boards and went after another one
I hope he was ok.