2008 Off-Season U19 AAA Tournaments

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ghshockeyfan

2008 Off-Season U19 AAA Tournaments

Post by ghshockeyfan »

"Stick It to Cancer" April 18-20 is the first I believe - conflicts directly with Phase 3 NDP though I hear? Unfortunate... Here's the scheudle... The TBD team is the MN All Stars - Fighting Squirrels I believe...

http://www.nscsports.org/tmp_images/Sti ... vision.pdf

I assume Meltdown is next, followed by the Schwan Blues tourney in mid-to-late May...
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

The Stick-It-To-Cancer Tournament starts this weekend at Blaine Super Rink. Here are the schedules for the two U19 divisions and for U16:

U19 American: http://www.pointstreak.com/players/play ... sonid=2323

U19 National: http://www.pointstreak.com/players/play ... sonid=2323

U16: http://www.pointstreak.com/players/play ... sonid=2323

As ghs points out there is a direct conflict with NDP Phase 3 so some of the teams will probably be shorthanded for at least some of the games.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

At U19 the St. Croix Saints have 12 players in phase III so I think they are having to add some other players for this tournament. Stick It is always a special tournament for a great cause. I understand they that the ice will have a dye on it so the rinks will all be pink.

Good luck to all involved.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Stick-It-To-Cancer Tournament scores from last night:

U19 American Division
Minnesota Extreme 3, Minnkota Wildcats 1
Walser Red 3, MN All Stars 1
Pink Panthers 4, St. Croix Saints 0
Walser Blue 2, OsXtreme 1
Central

Post by Central »

Any highlights from the Stick It to Cancer tourney?

Saw the scores on-line but difficult to tell what the games were like.

What about pink ice how did that come off?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Central wrote:Any highlights from the Stick It to Cancer tourney?

The pink ice was kind of nice and certainly different, but there were some complaints about the dye getting sprayed on the goal posts which rubbed off on the uniforms - not sure if it's permanent or not.

As you can see from the American scores and boxscores almost all of the games were very competitive and there was some good hockey played. Many excellent graduating seniors participated who will be playing in college next year, along with number of very promising younger players.
rwb1351

Post by rwb1351 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Central wrote:Any highlights from the Stick It to Cancer tourney?

The pink ice was kind of nice and certainly different, but there were some complaints about the dye getting sprayed on the goal posts which rubbed off on the uniforms - not sure if it's permanent or not.

As you can see from the American scores and boxscores almost all of the games were very competitive and there was some good hockey played. Many excellent graduating seniors participated who will be playing in college next year, along with number of very promising younger players.
I believe the complaint about the goal posts was do to them being painted prior to the tournament. They appeared very dull, as if they weren't clear coated. I've also heard sufficient time wasn't given for them to dry, thus the paint getting on the equipment.

Hopefully the Super Rink does something to deal with this situation, as many goalies had very expensive equipment essentially ruined.
xwildfan

Post by xwildfan »

How is goalie equipment "essentially ruined" by a little paint?
rwb1351

Post by rwb1351 »

xwildfan wrote:How is goalie equipment "essentially ruined" by a little paint?
The paint is quite bright and i've seen varying amounts on different parts of the goalies equipment. Function-wise... you are correct, it is not broken... however... goalie equipment is not cheap and to pay that much for something and have it ruined is not right in my opinion.
hockeya1a

Post by hockeya1a »

rwb1351 wrote:
The paint is quite bright and i've seen varying amounts on different parts of the goalies equipment. Function-wise... you are correct, it is not broken... however... goalie equipment is not cheap and to pay that much for something and have it ruined is not right in my opinion.
Just like puck marks on their pads heaven forbid if you remove
a puck mark. :roll:
Silent But Deadly

Post by Silent But Deadly »

rwb1351 wrote:
Must be a goalie parent! :D
rwb1351

Post by rwb1351 »

hockeya1a wrote:
rwb1351 wrote:
i know you are just being facetious... but thats different. Having pucks hit the equipment is the intended purpose. Having paint smeared all over isn't.
Central

Post by Central »

rwb1351 wrote:i know you are just being facetious... but thats different. Having pucks hit the equipment is the intended purpose. Having paint smeared all over isn't.
Not a goalie parent but I certainly understand the unhappiness with having paint on the gear....not expected wear and tear for simply playing in a weekend tourney.
hockeya1a

Post by hockeya1a »

rwb1351 wrote:
hockeya1a wrote:
rwb1351 wrote: The paint is quite bright and i've seen varying amounts on different parts of the goalies equipment. Function-wise... you are correct, it is not broken... however... goalie equipment is not cheap and to pay that much for something and have it ruined is not right in my opinion.
i know you are just being facetious... but thats different. Having pucks hit the equipment is the intended purpose. Having paint smeared all over isn't.

Yes I was joking, I think it is funny how Superstitious they can be,

Have you tried goof off or goo gone to see if that will take it off?
rwb1351

Post by rwb1351 »

Central wrote:
rwb1351 wrote:i know you are just being facetious... but thats different. Having pucks hit the equipment is the intended purpose. Having paint smeared all over isn't.
Not a goalie parent but I certainly understand the unhappiness with having paint on the gear....not expected wear and tear for simply playing in a weekend tourney.
Exactly.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

So what happend in the Meltdown Games? I understand IceCats beat Walser Blue 4-2 at the U19 level. Any other scores?
Rentley

Post by Rentley »

Ice Cats (older group) beat Schwanns 10-0 in U19.
twowayplay

Post by twowayplay »

joehockey wrote:I understand IceCats beat Walser Blue 4-2 at the U19 level.
Walser may have had an edge on puck possesion but U16 Ice Cats put it in the net with some nice goals. 16s going to NDP looked good including Ramsey, Ladner, Williams, Alleva and Buie. Burns was not there. Fun team to watch
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

twowayplay wrote:
joehockey wrote:I understand IceCats beat Walser Blue 4-2 at the U19 level.
Walser may have had an edge on puck possesion but U16 Ice Cats put it in the net with some nice goals. 16s going to NDP looked good including Ramsey, Ladner, Williams, Alleva and Buie. Burns was not there. Fun team to watch
I thought Buie was playing with the St. Croix Saints she is listed on their roster in program? Did you mean Bona? Both are NDP Rochester bound.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Score from tonight's action in U19 Meltdown:

OsXtreme 3, St. Croix Saints 0 (en)
Melvin44

Post by Melvin44 »

Score from tonight's action in U19 Meltdown.

Shooting Stars 3, Walser Red 0.

Where is OSXtreme from? Is it part of OS summer program?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Melvin44 wrote:Where is OSXtreme from? Is it part of OS summer program?
No, not part of OS summer program per se, but Winny Brodt is involved with coaching this spring. Most of the girls are from the South and SW suburbs. Team home page with roster is at:

http://www.osxtremehockey.com/
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

St. Croix Saints Lost Two Today:

Walser Blue 3 Saints 1
Ice Cats 3 Saints 2
hocktang

Post by hocktang »

Any update on the OS Extreme?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

hocktang wrote:Any update on the OS Extreme?
Lost to Icecats 0-3, beat Walser Blue 1-0.