Schwan Cup Teams

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gitter

Schwan Cup Teams

Post by gitter »

Anyone know the teams in each division? I've looked on their website, but I didn't see them up yet.
Can't Never Tried

Re: Schwan Cup Teams

Post by Can't Never Tried »

gitter wrote:Anyone know the teams in each division? I've looked on their website, but I didn't see them up yet.
At this point the only way to find out that I know of, is the Conference web sites but you have to go through each teams schedules to find out.
It's a hassle.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Screw the Schwan Cup. What you really want is the South St. Paul Premier Tournament. They've their crap together and already have the schedule posted.

Looks like a Governor cakewalk to me... Who wouldn't want to see that instead of that dog and pony show they run over at The X?

Get your tickets now.
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:Screw the Schwan Cup. What you really want is the South St. Paul Premier Tournament. They've their crap together and already have the schedule posted.

Looks like a Governor cakewalk to me... Who wouldn't want to see that instead of that dog and pony show they run over at The X?

Get your tickets now.
Ya gotta be kidding me ! :shock:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:Screw the Schwan Cup. What you really want is the South St. Paul Premier Tournament. They've their crap together and already have the schedule posted.

Get your tickets now.
Ummmm... No! I'm serious as a heart attack! You obviously don't know anything about high school hockey in this state.

*fingers crossed*

Not enough Class A teams for my liking, but otherwise, it's a stellar tourney! :wink:
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:

Get your tickets now.
Ummmm... No! I'm serious as a heart attack! You obviously don't know anything about high school hockey in this state.

*fingers crossed*

Not enough Class A teams for my liking, but otherwise, it's a stellar tourney! :wink:
You have a straight shot to the left in your opening game...I know that much! :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: Ya gotta be kidding me ! :shock:

*fingers crossed*

You have a straight shot to the left in your opening game...I know that much! :lol:
I hope so... I'll get to take another day off work if they play an afternoon game on Day 2! :lol:
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote: Ummmm... No! I'm serious as a heart attack! You obviously don't know anything about high school hockey in this state.

*fingers crossed*

I hope so... I'll get to take another day off work if they play an afternoon game! :lol:
Not quite the reaction I was looking for....and WTH do you mean take a day off?? :? Just when is it you have a day ON ?

Now..... back to the Schwans cup if you please! Rogers is in the Bronze Div. :D
O-townClown

one in

Post by O-townClown »

Edina's schedule shows three games at the X, which I believe makes them a Gold Pool team this year. As mentioned, you could just keep pulling up all the schedules until you deduce the field. Lot of work.
Be kind. Rewind.
Can't Never Tried

Re: one in

O-townClown wrote:Edina's schedule shows three games at the X, which I believe makes them a Gold Pool team this year. As mentioned, you could just keep pulling up all the schedules until you deduce the field. Lot of work.
They were silver last year? I don't know if they are Gold this year but it would be a reasonable assumption.

I know the lost city is also in it!
:wink:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

O-townClown wrote:Edina's schedule shows three games at the X, which I believe makes them a Gold Pool team this year. As mentioned, you could just keep pulling up all the schedules until you deduce the field. Lot of work.
They caught enough flak for opting down last year. Giles must have grew a set.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Neutron 14 wrote:They caught enough flak for opting down last year. Giles must have grew a set.
Their schedule was plenty tough. Silver had Edina and Benilde, both of who took home hardware from the X in March.
Be kind. Rewind.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

O-townClown wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:They caught enough flak for opting down last year. Giles must have grew a set.
Their schedule was plenty tough. Silver had Edina and Benilde, both of who took home hardware from the X in March.
C'mon... Centennial was in Gold last year and Edina wasn't. Who are we kidding?

Neut has it correct, the Gold division wasn't quite right in '07. :wink:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

O-townClown wrote:
Ya know, it might have helped them REACH their goal. :lol:
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:
O-townClown wrote:
C'mon... Centennial was in Gold last year and Edina wasn't. Who are we kidding?

Neut has it correct, the Gold division wasn't quite right in '07. :wink:
Looks like some were trophy hunting and thought the pickins were gonna be easier in the Silver... :wink:
eagle8

Post by eagle8 »

The teams in the silver group are Champlin Park, B-ville, Benilde, Cretin, Breck, Duluth East, Wayzata, and Brainerd
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

East moved down, allowing Edina to move up. It's not a shocking move for the Greyhounds after the last several Schwan Cups at the Gold level, all of which have been rather ugly.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

karl(east) wrote:East moved down, allowing Edina to move up. It's not a shocking move for the Greyhounds after the last several Schwan Cups at the Gold level, all of which have been rather ugly.
They'll be back Karl. Everyone knows they'll be back...
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Neutron 14 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:East moved down, allowing Edina to move up. It's not a shocking move for the Greyhounds after the last several Schwan Cups at the Gold level, all of which have been rather ugly.
I heard Hill-Murray was dropped to the bronze division for ducking Johnson this year. Can't say I blame the promoters...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
I heard Hill-Murray was dropped to the bronze division for ducking Johnson this year. Can't say I blame the promoters...
I heard it was for ducking Park? :lol:
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Neutron 14 wrote:I heard it was for ducking Park? :lol:

Dropped Park of Cottage Grove and picked up Edina. Pretty much a wash...
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Sparlimb wrote:

One green jersey for another one! :lol:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote:

Maybe you should have dropped SSP?

I'm just sayin'...
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:

I'm just sayin'...
Well SSP did tie HM once. Wonder if that means SSP will be ranked ahead of any teams that failed to score on HM last year...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:

I'm just sayin'...
Well SSP did tie HM once. Wonder if that means SSP will be ranked ahead of any teams that failed to score on HM last year...
As you know Sparlimb, HAL works in mysterious ways...

Got your vacation tickets yet?