Meadow Creek's 2 goals?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HShockeywatcher

Meadow Creek's 2 goals?

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Meadow Creek Christian lost to Providence Academy last night 2-7. Providence Academy is a young team who went 14-8-1 last year including a win at Blake. Meadow Creek has a few impossible games on their schedule, but this could show some real promise for their games against Mpls/St Paul teams. Anyone know much about them personally?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

You know as much as anybody. As with any topic you bring up.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Goldy Gopher

Re: Meadow Creek's 2 goals?

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Meadow Creek Christian lost to Providence Academy last night 2-7. Providence Academy is a young team who went 14-8-1 last year including a win at Blake. Meadow Creek has a few impossible games on their schedule, but this could show some real promise for their games against Mpls/St Paul teams. Anyone know much about them personally?
A team losing 7-2 shows you promise? :roll:
The U invented swagger.
hockeypuck51

Post by hockeypuck51 »

Where is Meadow Creak Located?
hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:Meadow Creek Christian lost to Providence Academy last night 2-7. Providence Academy is a young team who went 14-8-1 last year including a win at Blake. Meadow Creek has a few impossible games on their schedule, but this could show some real promise for their games against Mpls/St Paul teams. Anyone know much about them personally?
A team losing 7-2 shows you promise? :roll:
With a name like Meadow Creek Christian if they dont get beat up by the other teams cheerleaders i'd consider it a sign of promise. :lol: :lol:
enjoy this post while it lasts....
WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest »

hockeyhair15 wrote: With a name like Meadow Creek Christian if they dont get beat up by the other teams cheerleaders i'd consider it a sign of promise. :lol: :lol:
Does the name "Holy Angels" elicit any fear? "Totino-Grace?" "Hermantown?" "Benilde-St. Margarets?"

The connotation may one day very much change, for ya. :lol:
MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 »

hockeypuck51 wrote:Where is Meadow Creak Located?
Andover
captaincrunch

Post by captaincrunch »

they only had a jv team last year and they had some kids who couldnt even skate! their home rink is one of the new ones at schwans. They are a brand new club a couple years old
crocket

Post by crocket »

This team is one to watch out for in the next few years, mostly because of their location (Andover)being smack dab in the middle of most of the NWSC cities and there are no other private school hockey programs in the area unlike the rest of the metro with many options. Hopefully Blaine,etc will not get hit hard like Johnson,North St Paul and other teams did back in the day by Hill Murray--------A--C--E--------
Fire and Ice

Post by Fire and Ice »

It could be a problem for the NWSC teams if and only if they go AA and become good.
Centennial AA State Champions 2004
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

With a 15-0 loss last night against Benilde I just dont see the NWSC getting hit too hard
hockeyboys

Post by hockeyboys »

why would a first year varsity program schedule benilde??? They should be scheduling games where they can be competitive and therefore develop players. Nobody gets anything out of 15-0 losses. That's ridiculous.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

I was thinkin gthe same thing
WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest »

hockeyboys wrote:why would a first year varsity program schedule benilde??? They should be scheduling games where they can be competitive and therefore develop players. Nobody gets anything out of 15-0 losses. That's ridiculous.
A better question might be, "Why would Benilde schedule a first year varsity program?"
:shock:
breakout

Post by breakout »

hockeyboys wrote:why would a first year varsity program schedule benilde??? They should be scheduling games where they can be competitive and therefore develop players. Nobody gets anything out of 15-0 losses. That's ridiculous.

Saw that in the paper this morning. Can you say "stats night".

How fun can that be for either of those two teams.
The51

Post by The51 »

WayOutWest wrote:
A better question might be, "Why would Benilde schedule a first year varsity program?"
because it didnt count as one of their 25 games they are allowed to have
sn1per

Post by sn1per »

The51 wrote:
WayOutWest wrote:
because it didnt count as one of their 25 games they are allowed to have
How could it not?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

This has been over many times. If you are playing a team where it is their first year (maybe second too) it doesn't count as one of your 25 games. It is so people will schedule first year programs.

Even though they were able to schedule Benilde, I wonder why they did. Couldn't they play a mpls team again or something?

If I were Benilde and played a first year program, I would probably play with a pass rule, mix up my lines, or something like that.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

HShockeywatcher wrote:This has been over many times. If you are playing a team where it is their first year (maybe second too) it doesn't count as one of your 25 games. It is so people will schedule first year programs.

Even though they were able to schedule Benilde, I wonder why they did. Couldn't they play a mpls team again or something?

If I were Benilde and played a first year program, I would probably play with a pass rule, mix up my lines, or something like that.
Well we wouldn't have to worry about it... so why bother?

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
PhantomoftheArena

Post by PhantomoftheArena »

HShockeywatcher wrote:This has been over many times. If you are playing a team where it is their first year (maybe second too) it doesn't count as one of your 25 games. It is so people will schedule first year programs.

They probably were playing with lines mixed up and a passing rule. :shock:
crocket

Post by crocket »

With 10 of their 17 rostered players being tenth grade or under including a seventh grader that is their second leading scorer, look for a tournament appearance (class A) in a couple years with a few more additions to this team. Future powerhouse of the north metro???????????? Just what I see-----Any other opinions??????--and no, I am not affiliated with this team.
hockeyboys

Post by hockeyboys »

even if there are lots of 10th graders - but mostly b and c level association players - probably a bit overly optimistic that they would see a tournament appearance in a couple of years. Over 150 teams competing for just a few tournament slots - i think way too early to predict that kind of success. Ask the quesiton again a year from now and see if they start seeing an influx of A level players into their program.
mch

Post by mch »

crocket wrote:With 10 of their 17 rostered players being tenth grade or under including a seventh grader that is their second leading scorer, look for a tournament appearance (class A) in a couple years with a few more additions to this team. Future powerhouse of the north metro???????????? Just what I see-----Any other opinions??????--and no, I am not affiliated with this team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 »

crocket wrote:With 10 of their 17 rostered players being tenth grade or under including a seventh grader that is their second leading scorer, look for a tournament appearance (class A) in a couple years with a few more additions to this team. Future powerhouse of the north metro???????????? Just what I see-----Any other opinions??????--and no, I am not affiliated with this team.

Silly silly boy...you have to stop getting into daddys liquor...i can tell you this for a "FACT",of the 17 kids rostered only 2-3 are worth a crap,the rest are leftover B2 at best players,no "powerhouse" in the near/far future,not sure why you are so hung up on this team,but you need to come back down to earth put the old mans booze away and give up your "tournament appearance" dreams for this team. They don`t/won`t have the players to make it happen...ever!