Section 1A

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

falcons89

Section 1A

Post by falcons89 »

Wow, locked down again. I must of missed the offense. Perspective must of had something to do with it. Of course he/she has nothing to do with section 1A or albert lea. :lol: :lol: All the coaches questioned on the forum and perspective defends albert lea's? :-k Knowledge of the player's names in Albert Lea? :-k Way to obvious.

On to the business:
I would of picked Albert Lea to beat Austin, Friday. I would of picked the 4th seed simply for home cooking. I have heard a rumor that the game is being played in Austin. Not sure whether this is fact, or some funny play. If the game is in Austin, I pick Austin to win this in Overtime.
Good luck to all. This is the greatest time of the year. Winner takes it all.

Hey perspective, blow RSI a kiss for me Friday night. :D :D
RSI

Re: Section 1A

Post by RSI »

falcons89 wrote:I have heard a rumor that the game is being played in Austin. Not sure whether this is fact, or some funny play. If the game is in Austin, I pick Austin to win this in Overtime.
As I understand it the Thunder have a Home game this Friday at 7. A couple options were discussed, before or after the Thunder game, neither worked so the game has been scheduled for 8pm in Austin.

It is what it is... I don't think playing in Austin negatively impacts AL at all, they're 3-1 in that rink this year, 6-2 over the past 2 years. Hopefully the better AL team shows up :D
Falcon 89 Fan

Post by Falcon 89 Fan »

I love the lockout, mabey we cant holdout for more money for all this entertainment.

Hate to say it, but I still pick A.L. over Austin, even if it is played in Austin. A.L. is the better team.

Hopefully this pick dosen't decide the outcome of the game as perspective would like to believe.

It is Fbo in the finals, with a win and a first birth to state!!!!!

Go Green!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
hockeygroupie

Post by hockeygroupie »

Falcon 89 Fan wrote:I love the lockout, mabey we cant holdout for more money for all this entertainment.

Hate to say it, but I still pick A.L. over Austin, even if it is played in Austin. A.L. is the better team.

Hopefully this pick dosen't decide the outcome of the game as perspective would like to believe.

It is Fbo in the finals, with a win and a first birth to state!!!!!

Go Green!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Lets not get to cocky. I did come watch Fbo vs Mank. West and Fbo has a long way to go to get past Red Wing. Not sure what happened to the lines but what did happen is Fbo lost their scoring opportunities with the shuffle. Hopefully that can come back vs RW.
I to pick Austin over AL if in Austin. The Austin fans are nuts and could be pumped up enough to scare the beegeezes out of the AL girls on the ice. Oh and if you get their refs too, look out. :roll:
Should be a fun game to watch as an outsider. Good luck to both.
As for Fbo over Waseca..this is just a pick for goals...12-0 Fbo.
Rocket78

Post by Rocket78 »

Any guesses on quarter finals? I made my stab at 1AA on that thread and am surprised to see nothing here on 1A.
Falcon 89 Fan

Post by Falcon 89 Fan »

Rocket78 wrote:Any guesses on quarter finals? I made my stab at 1AA on that thread and am surprised to see nothing here on 1A.
Quarter finals don't matter. It is between Fbo, RW and Nfld.

Fbo could sleep through the game against Wasc and Nfld will beat either A.L. or Austin.

All about RW, Fbo in the semi's.

Winner of that game will be the Section winner, which of course is going to be FBO

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
eye of the tiger

Post by eye of the tiger »

ok close to the end of the season and so on. Let me say this I want not only our team to beat the packers but if we dont beat them let some other team beat them. It is time to stop them from going to state. They had their 2 chances and last year they made our section look horrible by losing 12 to 1 on TV! Really SAD. So my final statement ANY TEAM OUT THERE IN SECTION 1A BEAT THE PACKERS. We want them done! :twisted:
Endurance

Post by Endurance »

eye of the tiger...
If your girls come ready to play, austin won't stand a chance, AL is by far the better team (when they want to be), it doesn't matter which rink they play at.

falcon89 and fan..
we all know that you have lost to RW before, score was close at 3-4 but I think all the RW fans here can agree that wed. night might not go your way so bring your number 1 fan gloves and we'll see ya at the rink! :D

pretty sure everyone here is ready for both austin and fbo to be shut down and out of the picture....

Its going to be between RW NF AL
Rocket78

Post by Rocket78 »

Ok so nobody has predictions? I'll give it a shot.

1/4's
Albert Lea 5 Austin 2

Faribault 9 Waseca 0

Semis
Northfield 4 Albert Lea 2

Red Wing 5 Faribault 3

Finals
Red Wing 4 Northfield 3 OT
eye of the tiger

Austin has to main players. We should all know who they are. One doesnt pass. Other is the defense who is basically the team besides the puck hog. I hope the predictions are true. I think Red Wing will take Faribo. They think they are the best but players play way different in sections.
In the finals I am also expecting it to be Red Wing and Northfield.
Albert LEa can be a great team when they need to be. Hopefully the goalie and the defense come ready.
Be nice to see these predictions that Rocket 78 posted come true.

Good Luck to all teams.
RSI

Post by RSI »

Rocket78 wrote:Any guesses on quarter finals? I made my stab at 1AA on that thread and am surprised to see nothing here on 1A.
Ok Rocket, I'll play.

Quarters:
Faribo 12
Waseca 1
I see Faribo putting up a big number here, maybe trying a little intimidation on the rest of the Section.

AL 6
Austin 2
Shouldn't be close, and it's not.*

Semi Finals
NFLD 2
AL 3
With the way they finished, I got to believe they're starting to doubt themselves. Deja Vu all over again :lol:

RW 5
Far 2
Rose is the best player in the Section and will WILL her team past Faribo with 2g and 2a

Finals
AL
RW

*I reserve the right to edit this post when I return tonight from Austin :lol: :lol:
RSI

Post by RSI »

AL 4
Austin 0

A well played game by both teams

Faribo's MSHSL page says
Faribo 11
Waseca 1
eye of the tiger

Finally Austin is not going to state. Quite a few mistakes. Should've passed more, not give, and play all 3 periods not just 1 and a half. Over all good season packers. I guess better luck next year?
Good for AL hopefully they make it to the finals, but Northfield is a pretty good squad so who really knows I will put my vote towards AL winning though.
Falcon 89 Fan

Post by Falcon 89 Fan »

eye of the tiger wrote: I think Red Wing will take Faribo. They think they are the best but players play way different in sections.
Good Luck to all teams.
Endurance, how quickly you forget that FBO was in the finals last year and that these girls were the cornerstone of the team. They upset AL last year and Fbo will step up and beat RW.

Won't be any hometown cooking like in RW, this is our neck of the woods.

And to be politically correct so we don't get locked out again: Good luck to all the teams.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
hockeygroupie

Post by hockeygroupie »

RSI wrote:
Ok Rocket, I'll play.

Quarters:
Faribo 12
Waseca 1
I see Faribo putting up a big number here, maybe trying a little intimidation on the rest of the Section.

AL 6
Austin 2
Shouldn't be close, and it's not.*

Semi Finals
NFLD 2
AL 3
With the way they finished, I got to believe they're starting to doubt themselves. Deja Vu all over again :lol:

RW 5
Far 2
Rose is the best player in the Section and will WILL her team past Faribo with 2g and 2a

Finals
AL
RW
Way to go AL....nice win.
My picks:

Fbo 3
RW 2 possible OT

Nfld 4
AL 2

Fbo 2
Nfld 1
Good luck to all girls!
*I reserve the right to edit this post when I return tonight from Austin :lol: :lol:
eye of the tiger

Oh I remember that section final game last year. Austin killed faribo. I believe the score was 7 to 2 or something like that.
Thank gosh AL took care of Austin. Beat them 4 to nothing. If AL plays the same way they did against Austin they can make it all the way to the finals.
hockeygroupie

Post by hockeygroupie »

Quote from the locked out Section A post from ROCKET ""The new girls board is a probably a better place for this but...
At 14UA
Rochester is 3-9-1 15+ 14U kids jumped to H/S early
Wh Bear Lk is 2-5-3
Faribault is 5-7-1
Hard to imagine any of their schools getting alot of help immediately until those kids have more development time. No slam intended to any of the kids, coaches or programs.

RedWing 12UB is 12-2-0 but that is their top 12U team. Looked at Winona tournaments pools and they stuck RW with the toughest pool (Mahtomedi is 20-0-1)."""""

In response to this..you are saying that RW 12B...now really 12B kids have a better chance to bring talent to a high school team than a 14A team. WoW..... :shock:
Looking at Faribaults 14A team they have 2 girls that will easily have over 50pts, 1 already has. These girls will certainly help Faribault varsity. Looking at their high school stats, they have forwards that are in the single digits. These girls will replace them if the coach wants to win. Not sure where you got the stats for them but if you check out the Faribault hockey website it shows that they are 17-14. And it looks like they beat Rochester 3 or 4 times handidly. A town of 70-80,000 vs a town of 23,000. :roll:

Tried to get some info on WBL, but I am guessing some of the younger girls went to varsity, but they usually have a good if not very good 14 team.

Rochester---see above.

Again Good luck to all girls, it will be a fun year next year...it seems as the teams are getting younger each year..
Falcon 89 Fan

Post by Falcon 89 Fan »

eye of the tiger wrote:Oh I remember that section final game last year. Austin killed faribo. I believe the score was 7 to 2 or something like that.
Thank gosh AL took care of Austin. Beat them 4 to nothing. If AL plays the same way they did against Austin they can make it all the way to the finals.
I thought the A.L. coach wouldn't let u people out of your cages. :-# Please honor his wishes and go back into hiding. I know it's big for you, but a win over Austin does not put you in back in the section picture. Nfld will handle you easily.

As far as the finals last year, it must of been fun watching it from the stands after getting "killed" 6-0 by FBO last year.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Endurance

Post by Endurance »

Anyone have predictions about tomorrow nights playoffs???

I pick AL over NF... 2-1... AL has been playing very well lately and NF has struggled to pull themselves together.

Also,
RW over FBO... 4-1 ... RW has been very solid all season and FBO has failed to prove they can beat quality teams.
Falcon 89 Fan

Post by Falcon 89 Fan »

Endurance wrote:Anyone have predictions about tomorrow nights playoffs???

I pick AL over NF... 2-1... AL has been playing very well lately and NF has struggled to pull themselves together.

Also,
RW over FBO... 4-1 ... RW has been very solid all season and FBO has failed to prove they can beat quality teams.
Endurance have you looked at Fbo's schedual? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Mound Westonnka 1
Fbo 2

New Ulm 3
Fbo 4

Fergus Falls 2
Fbo 2

Mayo 2
Fbo 1 OT

Not sure what u call "quality"? Apparently Dodge County counts in your book.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
BigT

Post by BigT »

Falcon 89 Fan wrote:Endurance have you looked at Fbo's schedual? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Apparently you are full of bliss, as you cannot spell very well. But anyway, please keep telling those FB girls how great they are!

T
Joethehockeydad

Post by Joethehockeydad »

Endurance, I think you've nailed it, in both your winners and your reasoning. Fairibault is NOT ready for Red Wing.

Also,
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

Falcon 89 Fan wrote:

Also,
Endurance have you looked at Fbo's schedual? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Mound Westonnka 1
Fbo 2

New Ulm 3
Fbo 4

Fergus Falls 2
Fbo 2

Mayo 2
Fbo 1 OT

Not sure what u call "quality"? Apparently Dodge County counts in your book.

Must be scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for "quality" in a game where the Falcons were outshot 60-6... :lol:

Fan, must I keep you honest... :lol:
TheSouthSide

Post by TheSouthSide »

Dad1980, I would sure hope you beat Faribault. Doesn't Rochester have like 100,000 people? It's funny how a town of that size has only one team that can beat a class A team, and on top of it has to go to overtime to do it. :lol:

Congrats on producing AA power teams out of Rochester. :roll:
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

TheSouthSide wrote:Dad1980, I would sure hope you beat Faribault. Doesn't Rochester have like 100,000 people? It's funny how a town of that size has only one team that can beat a class A team, and on top of it has to go to overtime to do it. :lol:

Congrats on producing AA power teams out of Rochester. :roll:
Easy now Southside, don't get too cocky here... :lol:

I assumed more from Red Wing... :lol:

I'm not sure if a Section game can end in a tie now... :lol:

Go Northfield & Albert Lea :lol: