2008-09 Edina JGA state champs

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

siouxhockey12

2008-09 Edina JGA state champs

Post by siouxhockey12 »

hats off to them great season way to finish strong
Fun and Games

JGA Edina State Champs

Post by Fun and Games »

What I learned watching Edina teams this year is that it really takes talent and two more things to win...heart and chemistry. It takes teammates who like each other and want to play with one another along with parents who like being together and will support other parents' players on the team. This Edina JGA team had all of this. If I could be a coach, I would try not only to get some great talent, but I would definitely look for kids who like each other-skip the kid who is mean to other players and the hothead because this never helps a team. Also, let's face it, all the stars in the sky have to line up exactly right at the state tournament which helps, too, when so many of the teams are basically even. By the way, Wayzata, JGA, you and your coaches were a class act all the way. Congrats to Edina, JGA.
Last edited by Fun and Games on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

Congrats to Edina, and Wayzata. Probably the two classiest teams in the league. Neither team seemed to have any nutcases that could potentially bring them down. All good kids who liked to have fun and play hockey.
wildthing

Post by wildthing »

Also... the Mtka team stuck around to re-shake hands with the EP team after they lost the 3rd place game in 3OT. Another display of class...