Minnhock Rankings

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

7A0809

Minnhock Rankings

Post by 7A0809 »

Are these things a joke or what? I follow 7A very closely and did all year long. How can Marshall be ahead of Virginia? There's no logic to it. Marshall was above them all year. Including the week Virginia beat Marshall the next rankings moved Marshall up and Virginia down. There's no logic to these things. It is all a joke. Virginia beat Marshall twice including the end of Marshall's season and the final ranks has marshall above. Am i upset about it? just the fact that these are nonsense but I just wanna know how they are figured and how this can happen? Head to head means zero I guess.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

Dude you need to chill out, they're just rankings. The season is over anyway so what does it even matter? Does moving Virginia up 1 spot ahead of Marshall to the 13th spot really make that much of a difference anyway?
pondpucker13

Post by pondpucker13 »

I agree that you need to let it go. Rankings really don't mean anything. If anything, it would only make Virginia play harder to make up for being "slighted". Also, the minnhock rankings are computer generated and take into account strength of schedule and other mysterious factors much like the BCS so you can't expect them to always be correct or fair. And shouldn't Virginia making the tourney instead of Marshall be enough for you?
I get older they stay the same age, alright alright
Goldy Gopher

Re: Minnhock Rankings

Post by Goldy Gopher »

7A0809 wrote:Are these things a joke or what? I follow 7A very closely and did all year long. How can Marshall be ahead of Virginia? There's no logic to it. Marshall was above them all year. Including the week Virginia beat Marshall the next rankings moved Marshall up and Virginia down. There's no logic to these things. It is all a joke. Virginia beat Marshall twice including the end of Marshall's season and the final ranks has marshall above. Am i upset about it? just the fact that these are nonsense but I just wanna know how they are figured and how this can happen? Head to head means zero I guess.
From Virginia eh? :lol:
The U invented swagger.