White Bear vs. Mounds View

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

whose winnin this one?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 am

WB
71%
MV
29%

Total votes: 14

thedude.

White Bear vs. Mounds View

Post by thedude. »

predictions?
ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

Even though White Bear didn't play that well against Hill, I think that they will come out really hungry in the first period. Mounds View looks at this game as one of the biggest of the season and the first game of the 2 between the two teams is usually the closest. White bear should definitely be on upset alert because they still may be licking their wounds from Tuesday. I dont think White Bear will slaughter MV, but they should be in control of the game for a majority of it.
My prediction is Bears 4 MV 2
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Where are the WBL fans??? Holy cow.... you guys haven't jumped off the bandwagon or bridge, have ya??

This IS Mounds View's rivalry... this IS the single opponent they circle on the calendar.

Remember last year's MV section getting on homeboy Ryan Wolter?

MV always plays physical/cheap/clutch and grab to try and slow down WBL.

These are the games that WBL needs to dominate.

I predict 4-1 WBL.
thedude.

Post by thedude. »

imissmyhockey i def agree with what youre saying... im thinkin 5 to 2 wb. neither team has the greatest goal tending (im sure you know that being an ex-goaltender ;)) but hopefully mv will make a game out of it. and im sure a lot of the mv players will be gunnin for wolter. goldfishdude couldnt be more right, this is def one of the most important games for mv this year.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Goldfish i've heard confirmed reports of threats on Ryan Wolter tonight by a MV player. Look for some after the whistle play tonight.

Prediction 6-1 WBL

On the board-
Jansen
Wolter
Birki-2
Wahlin
Hausworth(sp?)
GordonBombay

Post by GordonBombay »

[quote="wblhockeyfan8"]Goldfish i've heard confirmed reports of threats on Ryan Wolter tonight by a MV player. Look for some after the whistle play tonight.

Prediction 6-1 WBL

On the board-
Jansen
Wolter
Birki-2
Wahlin
Hausworth(sp?)[/quote]

Some fan you are....it's Hauswirth. :lol:
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Updated score:

Halfway thru second Period, Mounds View 1-0 on a soft goal.
Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK »

Goldfishdude wrote:Updated score:

That is great! Thank you for the update. Please do it again soon if possible, I am anxiously waiting to find out who wins and scoring updates.
For the Love of the Game.
ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

Goldfishdude wrote:Updated score:

Do you know who scored? Is it an even game? Thanks for the updates Goldy
Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK »

score update?
gophergoof

Post by gophergoof »

I heard MV 3-2 OT
Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK »

gophergoof wrote:I heard MV 3-2 OT
Can anyone confirm the score?
gophergoof

Post by gophergoof »

Yeah it was 3-2 moundsview in overtime
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Yep.. I watched the last 9 minutes and OT... The only shot on goal MV got during that whole time was in the back of the net. MV 3-2 OT.

Since my son is injured, I didn't go, other than to pick him up at the arena. MV was up 2-0, then 2-1 as I pulled into the lot. He said it was pretty evenly played.

As I stated, the puck was in MV's end basically the entire 9 minutes, but maybe 4, 5 shots on goal.
Last edited by Goldfishdude on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

As I stated in my preview.. this is MV's rivalry. Although outplayed the final 9 minutes, they kept working hard. It was either a PP goal, or right after the PP expired, but it was a not a very good goal scored.

I wish I could express my true feelings. I am pissed.

The coaching staff no longer has my support.
Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK »

This is a HUGE victory for Mounds View, and could be a major turning point that springboards them in the upper half of the SEC for now, as well as towards the end of the year! Congrats, I wish I could have made it to the game.

Go MV!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Moose Jaw, SK wrote:This is a HUGE victory for Mounds View, and could be a major turning point that springboards them in the upper half of the SEC for now, as well as towards the end of the year! Congrats, I wish I could have made it to the game.

Go MV!
I can honestly say I am happy for them.... and I don't care who I piss off in WBL...
ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

Moose Jaw, SK wrote:This is a HUGE victory for Mounds View, and could be a major turning point that springboards them in the upper half of the SEC for now, as well as towards the end of the year! Congrats, I wish I could have made it to the game.

Go MV!
YES!! Congrats to MV, this is the type of win they have been waiting for for years. How long has it been since the beat WBL last?
Anyways congrats to the players and coaches on a huge victory.
thedude.

Post by thedude. »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:Goldfish i've heard confirmed reports of threats on Ryan Wolter tonight by a MV player. Look for some after the whistle play tonight.

Prediction 6-1 WBL

On the board-
Jansen
Wolter
Birki-2
Wahlin
Hausworth(sp?)
there were threats against wolter from a certain player on mv but i wont say who. what happened to wb? huge victory for mv but i just have a hard time believing it. who had the points tonight?
GordonBombay

Post by GordonBombay »

Wow :shock:
Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK »

thedude. wrote:
wblhockeyfan8 wrote:Goldfish i've heard confirmed reports of threats on Ryan Wolter tonight by a MV player. Look for some after the whistle play tonight.

Prediction 6-1 WBL

On the board-
Jansen
Wolter
Birki-2
Wahlin
Hausworth(sp?)
there were threats against wolter from a certain player on mv but i wont say who. what happened to wb? huge victory for mv but i just have a hard time believing it. who had the points tonight?
Not White Bear :)
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

GordonBombay wrote:

Prediction 6-1 WBL

On the board-
Jansen
Wolter
Birki-2
Wahlin
Hausworth(sp?)[/quote]

Yes, the misspelling of a name definitely discredits any fan status I may hold. :roll:

Wow, I'm with you Goldy, I'm upset.

But it was a pretty entertaining game to watch, I'm upset about the loss but I won't discredit MV for playing well.

WBL's physical play improved, on the positive side.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:
GordonBombay wrote:

Prediction 6-1 WBL

On the board-
Jansen
Wolter
Birki-2
Wahlin
Hausworth(sp?)[/quote]

Yes, the misspelling of a name definitely discredits any fan status I may hold. :roll:

Wow, I'm with you Goldy, I'm upset.

But it was a pretty entertaining game to watch, I'm upset about the loss but I won't discredit MV for playing well.

WBL's physical play improved, on the positive side.
I am not happy for a different reason other than just the loss......... and I think you know why!!! :twisted:
mngophs04

Post by mngophs04 »

Can anyone explain what happened to White Bear tonight? This is a game they should have easily won.
ilikesports22

Post by ilikesports22 »

pts for mv... Lavalle 1st goal, Messerly 2nd goal, Mauricio 3rd goal..

there were no threats to wolter at all that is such a joke