Which team logo is the coolest??

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goldfishdude

Which team logo is the coolest??

Post by Goldfishdude »

I was perusing thru the www.mnhockeyhub.com website looking at scores, and they do an awesome job having the HS team logos on the Team Pages and next to the scoreboard portion.

I have always taken a liking to my WBL Bears logo, as well as the Edina Hornets logo....

I absolutely love the Osseo Orioles hockey logo - similar to Goldy Gopher Hockey logo. As a general fan of sports, that is one logo I would wear just from a fan standpoint. I think the Chaska/Chanhassen logo is pretty cool. The plain M for Minnetonka or a picture of a Mustang don't do it for me.

Including/Excluding your own team's logo, I would be curious to get input on what others might think are some of the cool logos in HS hockey, one that you would wear, even though it's not necessarily the team you support.
PowerForward25

Post by PowerForward25 »

I love the Burnsville B logo. I don't know why but i have always liked it. Hastings has some nice jersey's this year as well. I know this is unrelated but i HATE WBL's bright orange breezer covers. Those have got to go.
Now don't take this personally but....
GordonBombay

Post by GordonBombay »

PowerForward25 wrote:I love the Burnsville B logo. I don't know why but i have always liked it. Hastings has some nice jersey's this year as well. I know this is unrelated but i HATE WBL's bright orange breezer covers. Those have got to go.
Do they still wear those? Haven't been to one of their games this year and can't seem to remember what they wore for the Hill FSN game.
chester1991

Post by chester1991 »

I think North St Paul with a Polar bear with skates and a stick. Did North St Paul get that jersey first or the Pittsburgh Penguins? Best jersey in high school hockey.
GoolieMan

Post by GoolieMan »

I think one of the best logos is the old Hastings Raiders Pirate. I don't know why the school got rid of such a sweet logo. with the pirate swords behind the actual face brought the whole logo together.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

chester1991 wrote:I think North St Paul with a Polar bear with skates and a stick. Did North St Paul get that jersey first or the Pittsburgh Penguins? Best jersey in high school hockey.
That was the other one I liked, although, because it's just White and Red (couldn't tell if any black, too) a little bland, but cool nonetheless.

I think, as with Roseville Raiders changing its logo to a cat/rat version, there was probably scrutiny about the persona the Pirate logo was representing.. yeah, yeah, it's a joke people get offended.

Yes the Burnsville B is nice, too...

In terms of WBL and it's orange shells, there are many kids who don't like them.... Stick w/ the black...
defense

Re: Which team logo is the coolest??

Post by defense »

Goldfishdude wrote:I was perusing thru the www.mnhockeyhub.com website looking at scores, and they do an awesome job having the HS team logos on the Team Pages and next to the scoreboard portion.

I have always taken a liking to my WBL Bears logo, as well as the Edina Hornets logo....

I absolutely love the Osseo Orioles hockey logo - similar to Goldy Gopher Hockey logo. As a general fan of sports, that is one logo I would wear just from a fan standpoint. I think the Chaska/Chanhassen logo is pretty cool. The plain M for Minnetonka or a picture of a Mustang don't do it for me.

Including/Excluding your own team's logo, I would be curious to get input on what others might think are some of the cool logos in HS hockey, one that you would wear, even though it's not necessarily the team you support.
I personally don't like the "postcard" look. Logos and jerseys that are too complicated don't do it for me. Keep it simple. Moorhead's "M" and Alexandria's A ...orange on black and red on black always are sharp. The East Grand Forks "E" is tasteful. When Fergus Falls uses a plain "FF" especially in a gold jersy I like that....I don't like how Fergus and Little Falls have whent away from their second color...gold. Fergus now has just maroon and white and now LF just has purple and white.
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

A few good ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Buffalo Bison, resembles the Sabres NHL logo and would be even better with a color other than purple. Another one is the Pioneers of Hill Murray, especially those new jerseys they were sporting against WBL last week.
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

It's not like they're a historic program or anything but Maple Grove's jerseys last year with the leaf in the center of them were pretty cool. Are they wearing them this year?

South St. Paul's steer head is rather unique to other schools.

Warroad's logo has always been arguably my favorite, though.
PowerForward25

Post by PowerForward25 »

GordonBombay wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:I love the Burnsville B logo. I don't know why but i have always liked it. Hastings has some nice jersey's this year as well. I know this is unrelated but i HATE WBL's bright orange breezer covers. Those have got to go.
Do they still wear those? Haven't been to one of their games this year and can't seem to remember what they wore for the Hill FSN game.
I know they did last year. I don't know about this year though.
Now don't take this personally but....
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

chester1991 wrote:I think North St Paul with a Polar bear with skates and a stick. Did North St Paul get that jersey first or the Pittsburgh Penguins? Best jersey in high school hockey.
I agree, I love the Polars colors and logo.

How can the best one be any other than the St Paul Saints?

nhl_combine

Post by nhl_combine »

I don't know if they still use it, but the Elk River Elks home white jersey with the Elk head snorting smoke out is pretty sweet. Also the Cloquet Lumberjacks head minus the color purple.
fear "the bike"
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

A couple of you guys have mentioned the color purple as to a detraction from logos..... I think there are just some colors that look better on uniforms... and purple is one that doesn't seem to have the best impact...

I also agree the color lettering on the H-M white jerseys looks awesome.....

I wished the St. Paul Saints would have actually stolen the Fighting Saints logo... They did take the S from that logo, tho...
steelheader

Post by steelheader »

Warroad by far.

Grand Rapids #2
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

I do really like the wolf thing Roseville has adopted, it looked sweet on their goalie's mask on FSN.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

The Ely logo is hard to beat...
eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey »

Park center had a great logo of a pirate on there uniforms.

The old hastings logo was also great.

Two others that come to memory were the lumberjacks, and Minnetonka's old jersey"s.
MN hockey08

Post by MN hockey08 »

im not from moorhead, but you gotta love the spud!
Teak

Post by Teak »

MrBoDangles wrote:The Ely logo is hard to beat...
Yeah, put my vote down for Ely also.

:!:
D6Rocks

Post by D6Rocks »

Mpls Southwest. 1940 - 1987
bjspud12

Post by bjspud12 »

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Albert Lea..
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

favorite jerseys:

The Old Hill-Murray's:

Edina's:

Warroad's:

Both Duluth East's:

I also really like South St. Paul's, but I can't find a good picture.
D6Rocks

Post by D6Rocks »

I'm not sure I love South St Paul's.
Teak

Post by Teak »

Why didn't the photographer have the sense to pull the jersey flat before taking the picture?