JGB D8 playoffs

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

freighttrain

JGB D8 playoffs

Post by freighttrain »

Playoffs start tomorrow for the D8 JGB teams. here is the link to the bracket

http://www.stickstats.com/district8/lea ... bplay.html
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

Albert Lea-3
Rosemount-2
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

theres like no teams in district 8
davinci

Post by davinci »

Plankton wrote:theres like no teams in district 8

:roll:
davinci

Post by davinci »

Hastings-3
Rochester-0

STA-4
Lakeville-0
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Earlier today it said St. Thomas lost 3-1... Now it says 4-0 win. WHAT is going on? Woodbury and Hastings are both great. I play on Woodbury though so I don't want to sound cocky saying our team is great.
davinci

Post by davinci »

Larsen550 wrote:Earlier today it said St. Thomas lost 3-1... Now it says 4-0 win. WHAT is going on? Woodbury and Hastings are both great. I play on Woodbury though so I don't want to sound cocky saying our team is great.
I assume you're refering to the stickstats site . I can assure you STA won 4-0 over lakeville.
Woodbury is a pretty good squad. Big, fast and move the puck very well. So, I wouldn't say you were being cocky at all.

good luck to you L550.
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

[quote="davinci"][quote="Larsen550"]Earlier today it said St. Thomas lost 3-1... Now it says 4-0 win. WHAT is going on? Woodbury and Hastings are both great. I play on Woodbury though so I don't want to sound cocky saying our team is great.[/quote]

I assume you're refering to the stickstats site . I can assure you STA won 4-0 over lakeville.
Woodbury is a pretty good squad. Big, fast and move the puck very well. So, I wouldn't say you were being cocky at all.

good luck to you L550.[/quote]
So St. Thomas v Hastings and Woodbury v Albert Lea.
Thanks davinci
Ontheice

Post by Ontheice »

Woodbury 7
Albert Lea 1

Saint Thomas 4
Hastings 2

Woodbury/Saint Thomas for first D8 team to make state.
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Woodbury started sooooo damn slow! I'm one of the goalies for them and we started way slow against Albert Lea. It was 2-1 at the end of the first. Hopefully we'll have more energy against St. Thomas on Saturday. They played well but the game seemed at a slower pace. It was a close game but they dominated Hastings zone most of the time. Should be a long battle between us.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

Hastings-2
Rosemount-1

Albert Lea-6
Lakeville-2

Rosemount and Lakeville eliminated

Woodbury vs St Thomas for District Championship

Hastings vs Albert Lea. Winner plays the loser of the Woodbury/St Thomas game on sunday for the 2nd state bid.
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

who won today
Ontheice

Post by Ontheice »

Hastings 4
Albert Lea 1

Woodbury 3
Saint Thomas 1
Great Game! Woodbury District Champs advance to state.

Hastings Saint Thomas in a rematch for bid to State
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Oh my god, most amazing game of my life. I was the goalie for Woodbury today. St. Thomas has a hell of a team. Can't wait for state.
Ontheice

Post by Ontheice »

Larsen550 wrote:Oh my god, most amazing game of my life. I was the goalie for Woodbury today. St. Thomas has a hell of a team. Can't wait for state.
Congratulations you played great and had some incredible stops. It was a great game good solid body play but none of the PLEASE BAN ME that was happening in the earlier game. Best of Luck at state! Hope to see a rematch.
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

[quote="Ontheice"][quote="Larsen550"]Oh my god, most amazing game of my life. I was the goalie for Woodbury today. St. Thomas has a hell of a team. Can't wait for state.[/quote]

Congratulations you played great and had some incredible stops. It was a great game good solid body play but none of the PLEASE BAN ME that was happening in the earlier game. Best of Luck at state! Hope to see a rematch.[/quote]
Thanks man! Definitely an amazing game and probably the cleanest game of the year. Sooo much fun
Ontheice

Post by Ontheice »

Saint Thomas 2
Hastings 1

Saint Thomas earns second spot at state
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

OntheIce, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or put that whole game on the refs but there were a few calls that impacted the game's score. That being said, St. Thomas still certainly played tough
davinci

Post by davinci »

Larsen550 wrote:OntheIce, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or put that whole game on the refs but there were a few calls that impacted the game's score. That being said, St. Thomas still certainly played tough
How was the score impacted. How would it have been different. I wasn't at the game. Can you elaborate?
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

The goalie for Hastings made a stop on a shot from the point and it slid through his pads to the point where it was on the goal line but not across it. He laid back and covered it but the ref blew the whistle and called it in. I have no bias seeing as I am from Woodbury but from what I saw it was not. The ref was between the face off dot and the bottom of the circle. I was behind the net. That goal made it 2-1. Close game and both teams played amazing.
davinci

Post by davinci »

Larsen550 wrote:The goalie for Hastings made a stop on a shot from the point and it slid through his pads to the point where it was on the goal line but not across it. He laid back and covered it but the ref blew the whistle and called it in. I have no bias seeing as I am from Woodbury but from what I saw it was not. The ref was between the face off dot and the bottom of the circle. I was behind the net. That goal made it 2-1. Close game and both teams played amazing.
That's interesting. Was there a goal judge behind the net? Was there any argument from the Hastings players or coach?
JGBallday14

D8 playoffs

Post by JGBallday14 »

first off great tourny to most teams, some teams kinda took advantage of knowing it was there last games being played but for the most part very classy. congrats to Woodbury and St. Thomas. Definatly dont look over both of those teams. i think in LPH standings Woodbury ended at 4th in state and St. Thomas was anywhere from 7th to 10th so dont look over District 8
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

There was no goal judge but the goalie put up a little bit of argument before keeping quiet. The coach did take a few minutes to argue the call but got no where. Everyone knows they won't overturn a call unless the linesmen saw something.
I hope we don't meet St. Thomas again because beating a team 4 times in one season will be hard to do.