Student Fan Sections

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TKizzle

Student Fan Sections

Post by TKizzle »

I just have to give props to the Mahtomedi Student Section. Have been at the tourney for years and have to say that they were amazing. Great chants and the "slow-motion" wave got the whole place laughing.
StayAtHomeD

Re: Student Fan Sections

Post by StayAtHomeD »

TKizzle wrote:I just have to give props to the Mahtomedi Student Section. Have been at the tourney for years and have to say that they were amazing. Great chants and the "slow-motion" wave got the whole place laughing.
You mean they didn't do "Pants on the Ground???"
lacrosse10

Post by lacrosse10 »

mahtomedi has the best student section ive seen
tossin' frisbees
moose27

Post by moose27 »

IF YOUR WINNING AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!! Mahtomedi students were great.

The environment of the Xcel is way better for the class A games just because the student sections are in the lower bowl!! This is suppose to be about the kids!! Figure it out state high school league and get the students where they belong for the big schools and where the kids to deserve to be. This old fart would gladly give up his ticket and sit up the rafters to see the students in the lower bowl. Thursday and part friday night it was like a funeral chapel in the X...
woodley

Post by woodley »

moose27 wrote:IF YOUR WINNING AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!! Mahtomedi students were great.

The environment of the Xcel is way better for the class A games just because the student sections are in the lower bowl!! This is suppose to be about the kids!! Figure it out state high school league and get the students where they belong for the big schools and where the kids to deserve to be. This old fart would gladly give up his ticket and sit up the rafters to see the students in the lower bowl. Thursday and part friday night it was like a funeral chapel in the X...
Oh, I loved that one, but boy did Hermantown miss an opportunity. . . after Mahtomedi had shoved that one at them all game, I couldn't believe I didn't hear a "If you won and you know it clap your hands" from Hermantown. . .These were the two best student sections. We heard different cheers from them, they were appropriate, they didn't spell
T O N K A seventy two times (yes, it's good to know they teach you to spell in Minnetonka). . . and the change from dark to white mid way through the game by Mahtomedi kids was classic. Well done!!
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

Mahtomedi would be the best, but I'd actually say us at Hill had the best of the AA schools. Nothing spectacular (we had much better chants in sections against WBL) but our coordinated chants between the upper and lower sections was certainly more than what any other school did. Plus our band was the best out of all the schools. That's unless Blaine or Roseau had a spectacular section, cause I didn't get to their games.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Northsider wrote:Mahtomedi would be the best, but I'd actually say us at Hill had the best of the AA schools. Nothing spectacular (we had much better chants in sections against WBL) but our coordinated chants between the upper and lower sections was certainly more than what any other school did. Plus our band was the best out of all the schools. That's unless Blaine or Roseau had a spectacular section, cause I didn't get to their games.
I think many people fail to realize the caliber of the HM WBL section match-up.

State Tourney sized student sections and downright ridiculous cheering, at least the non offensive stuff! :lol:
Always celly hard.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Where were all of the Edina students tonight? 1 section upstairs and the band section, that was it. Tonka had 5 solid sections, pretty good turnout.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

sachishi4 wrote:Where were all of the Edina students tonight? 1 section upstairs and the band section, that was it. Tonka had 5 solid sections, pretty good turnout.
205, 206 and spread out over the rest of the upper deck.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Edina had a lot of students right behind the band in the lower deck as well, where Tonka had everyone up top.

Also, Edina had the best band, followed closely by Hill Murray. Both were outstanding. I credit it due to the fact that they had tuba's.....Tonka didn't feel it necessary to bring them apparently.

The only negative for Edina's student section is they should have fired back a "Pot, Meet Kettle" chant back at Tonka's students who threw the "Daddy's Money" chant at them.
MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

I noticed not too many teams had cheerleaders anymore. What is with that?
Let's Play Hockey
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Doc Holliday wrote:Edina had a lot of students right behind the band in the lower deck as well, where Tonka had everyone up top.

Also, Edina had the best band, followed closely by Hill Murray. Both were outstanding. I credit it due to the fact that they had tuba's.....Tonka didn't feel it necessary to bring them apparently.

The only negative for Edina's student section is they should have fired back a "Pot, Meet Kettle" chant back at Tonka's students who threw the "Daddy's Money" chant at them.
Best thing ever is when I noticed one of the Edina Tuba/Sousaphone players had one of those rotating red goal lights resting in the bell of the tuba. Classic!
Always celly hard.
GoWild

Post by GoWild »

My favorite chant from Mahtomedi was when Krause went to the box "Gopher Reject" it was hilarious. Which Krause did not impress me at all
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

GoWild wrote:My favorite chant from Mahtomedi was when Krause went to the box "Gopher Reject" it was hilarious. Which Krause did not impress me at all
Funny chant... But... UMD is better than the Gophers so...
GoWild

Post by GoWild »

[quote="BigWorm"][quote="GoWild"]My favorite chant from Mahtomedi was when Krause went to the box "Gopher Reject" it was hilarious. Which Krause did not impress me at all[/quote]
Funny chant... But... UMD is better than the Gophers so...[/quote]

I agree UMD is much better but it was still funny and he still did not impress me at all
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

GoWild wrote: I agree UMD is much better but it was still funny and he still did not impress me at all
He definitely didn't play his greatest that is for sure.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

GoWild wrote:My favorite chant from Mahtomedi was when Krause went to the box "Gopher Reject" it was hilarious. Which Krause did not impress me at all
This is what the Gopher fans do at games against St. Cloud, UMD, ETC...

I cheer back at my t.v:

"What's your record?!"
Always celly hard.
HockeyGuru#6

Post by HockeyGuru#6 »

The reason why minnetonka chanted "daddys money" to edina is because two guys that were in a suite over the edina student section said if we did that chant they would toss out $150 one dollar bills. But I guess noone saw them throw out the money.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

HockeyGuru#6 wrote:The reason why minnetonka chanted "daddys money" to edina is because two guys that were in a suite over the edina student section said if we did that chant they would toss out $150 one dollar bills. But I guess noone saw them throw out the money.
I saw that, couldnt tell if it was real or not. but the fact that it was real $$ is hilarious
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Warrior#4

Post by Warrior#4 »

The Hermantown student section was AWESOME. Our Warrior boys loved the support they gave during the Mahtomedi game. Thanks Hermantown you guys rock!!!!
GoWild

Post by GoWild »

[quote="Warrior#4"]The Hermantown student section was AWESOME. Our Warrior boys loved the support they gave during the Mahtomedi game. Thanks Hermantown you guys rock!!!![/quote]

That was great! Along with Mahtomedi they were the best student sections. I don't like that in AA games they r in the upper level they need to change that cuz the atmosphere is way better when they r in the lower level
SCOUT 707

Post by SCOUT 707 »

[quote="moose27"]IF YOUR WINNING AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!! Mahtomedi students were great.

The environment of the Xcel is way better for the class A games just because the student sections are in the lower bowl!! This is suppose to be about the kids!! Figure it out state high school league and get the students where they belong for the big schools and where the kids to deserve to be. This old fart would gladly give up his ticket and sit up the rafters to see the students in the lower bowl. Thursday and part friday night it was like a funeral chapel in the X...[/quot

Great point. I totally agree the student should be right on the glass. Let them fill up the lower level. And WOW would the Ecel be rockin. No reason to have boring spectators like me in those sections. Let the students fill the lower level. And really for a spectors view they have GREAT seat every where.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Northsider wrote:Mahtomedi would be the best, but I'd actually say us at Hill had the best of the AA schools. Nothing spectacular (we had much better chants in sections against WBL) but our coordinated chants between the upper and lower sections was certainly more than what any other school did. Plus our band was the best out of all the schools. That's unless Blaine or Roseau had a spectacular section, cause I didn't get to their games.
Hill was a joke, at least during the East game. I didnt hear one cheer from them.
Go Hounds.
DMan-dad

Post by DMan-dad »

Warrior#4 wrote:The Hermantown student section was AWESOME. Our Warrior boys loved the support they gave during the Mahtomedi game. Thanks Hermantown you guys rock!!!!
What was also awesome was the whole Warroad team in their team jackets standing with the Hermantown student section for the game against Breck.
Warrior#4

Post by Warrior#4 »

The Warrior boys would not have had it any other way. My son was one of the players. He loved every minute. Makes for great sportmanship!!!