Blaine vs Maple Grove

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Blaine vs Maple Grove

Blaine
31%
Maple grove
69%

Total votes: 32

hockeyfan222

Blaine vs Maple Grove

Post by hockeyfan222 »

Whose gonna win this tough battle
jBlaze3000

Post by jBlaze3000 »

A lot of people will vote for Blaine because of their reputation but I think Maple Grove is the better team. Has MG ever made it to state before?
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

Nope, this would be their 1st trip. They've played in several section finals but have never won the big won.
HSHockeyPurist

Post by HSHockeyPurist »

after last night's games, I'd say Maple Grove 4-2 with EN. Penalties could change things though. Not many penalties in either game so we didn't get to see much action on the power play.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

I'd say Blaine's best shot is with little Brodzinski at D, their D had some trouble last night in their own zone.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

If Blaine can get 25-30 shots they will win. MG goalie is extremely weak and the pressure got to him last night.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

The 5 year streak of going to the X ends this year, Blaine...

4-3 MG in a thriller.

8)
The Puck
LGW
Maple Grove Crimson#1

Post by Maple Grove Crimson#1 »

mulefarm wrote:If Blaine can get 25-30 shots they will win. MG goalie is extremely weak and the pressure got to him last night.
To say that Ryan Coyne is extremely weak is just plain stupid. Maple Grove looked a bit rusty in the First period I will agree.
Last edited by Maple Grove Crimson#1 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

I get the feeling that Blaine will take it again, Yet, I do believe Maple Grove would represent 5AA better in the tournament.
hockeyfan222

Post by hockeyfan222 »

i was on my way into the blaine osseo game yesterday and MG fans came running out yelling were going to state therefore i hope blaine pounds them i say
2 empty netter for blaine
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

MrBoDangles wrote:I get the feeling that Blaine will take it again, Yet, I do believe Maple Grove would represent 5AA better in the tournament.
I agree, Maple Grove will represent 5AA better in the tournament, but having watched both of these teams I give the edge to Maple Grove. Looking at there regular season stats they are pretty similar in comparison. To say Ryan Coyne is weak is not being realistic. He has a .927 save percentage while Nick Malvin has a .931 seeing 115 more shots than Coyne. Adding to the fact they both played a fairly challenging schedule outside of there conference.
Shovel Shot

Post by Shovel Shot »

mulefarm wrote:If Blaine can get 25-30 shots they will win. MG goalie is extremely weak and the pressure got to him last night.
Just a ridiculous statement is all can say. You either need to share with the rest of us or take a break!!!Image
hockeyfan222 wrote:i was on my way into the blaine osseo game yesterday and MG fans came running out yelling were going to state therefore i hope blaine pounds them i say
4 to 2 empty netter for blaine
Yea the rumblings of a bunch Junior High & High School kids is really something to base your opinion on now isn't it. Maybe you should hook up with the mulefarm so he can help ya take the edge off...

Shovel Shot

Post by Shovel Shot »

On a serious note:

The Blaine and Maple Grove match is no doubt going to be a good one. IMO Blaine is a better team than Centennial is (at least this year). I say that because we rarely knew which Cougars team was going to show up and for how long. That was the case in last nights game. It also didn't help that MG started off the game very slow/sluggish.

MG first line only accounted for 1g & 2a last night so it shows the depth this team has.

The Crimson will need to come out of the gate on Friday if there going to win. Blaine is well coached and will be ready for them. I'm giving the edge and the win to the Crimson. I expect a score of 3-1 or 4-2 for the Crimson...
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

3 goals on 23 shots and a 4th disallowed. Not a good save % in a big game. If Blaine can get 25-30 shots they will score 4-5 goals. Don't think MG can score that many on Blaine.
mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 »

mulefarm wrote:3 goals on 23 shots and a 4th disallowed. Not a good save % in a big game. If Blaine can get 25-30 shots they will score 4-5 goals. Don't think MG can score that many on Blaine.
Did you see the goals scored? It wasn't like Coyne got beat on a shot or kicked out a bad rebound. The goals were flukey bounces in front of the net. Blaine hasn't scoree more than 2 goals per game on Coyne all year with 20-25 shots...I don't know where you base your logic. Anyway....It should be a good game.
HSHockeyPurist

Post by HSHockeyPurist »

Not sure those three goals were flukey or on bad bounces. They looked like typical hard fought goals you see in high school hockey, not pretty but they got into the net. I wouldn't worry about Coyne, or MG, but it was interesting that all five starters I believe were on the ice for those three goals, and the starting two D were on the ice for the disallowed goal.
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

I'm looking forward to seeing Nick Malvin in net. Blaine all the way
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Malvin
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

4-3 Blaine 35 seconds into OT

Unreal game. MG out shot Blaine by about 20 and hit 3 pipes. Malvin played great. Fun one to watch
Shovel Shot

Post by Shovel Shot »

Well what can I say besides...Congrats to Blaine's coaches, players & parents!!! Good Luck at the State Tourney

P.S. Please tell coach XXXXXXX to get a haircut. I'm sick of seeing that mullet of his at the State Tourney!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Well first of all what happened to Maple Grove's vaunted team defense and goal tending :?:

Face it we all know the reason why Maple Grove hasn't and will not make it to the State Tournament...Coaching

You take the lead with just over 6 min to go and you immediately throw out your third line and guess who scores? Michael Brodzinski...

I don't know how many times the lines were mismatched in Blaine's favor throughout the game. The headline should read...Coach Aus out coaches Stefano again!!!
Maple Grove Crimson#1

Post by Maple Grove Crimson#1 »

Blaze wrote:Well first of all what happened to Maple Grove's vaunted team defense and goal tending :?:

Face it we all know the reason why Maple Grove hasn't and will not make it to the State Tournament...Coaching

You take the lead with just over 6 min to go and you immediately throw out your third line and guess who scores? Michael Brodzinski...

I don't know how many times the lines were mismatched in Blaine's favor throughout the game. The headline should read...Coach Aus out coaches Stefano again!!!
This again is a crazy post. Blaine won the game because Nick Malvin was amazing period.
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

Blaze wrote:Well first of all what happened to Maple Grove's vaunted team defense and goal tending :?:

I don't doubt that Stefano was out coached as I think that's been happening for years, but if the lines were mismatched, you certainly couldn't tell by the way MG controlled play. 3 pipes and some incredibly shaky play by Coyne contributed to it
arena dogg

Post by arena dogg »

Maple Grove Crimson#1 wrote:

This again is a crazy post. Blaine won the game because Nick Malvin was amazing period.

The differences in the game were Malvin and 2 Blaine goals that were gifts, not the coaching.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

As soon as you realize you weren't good enough and got cut, the better off you'll be.