Gopher freshmen next year

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheNightman

Gopher freshmen next year

Post by TheNightman »

Who will be coming in for the Gophs next year and who will be going to/playing more juniors?
WBLHockeyfan04

Re: Gopher freshmen next year

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

TheNightman wrote:Who will be coming in for the Gophs next year and who will be going to/playing more juniors?
2011 Recruits:

F-Seth Ambroz
C-Christian Isackson
D-Ben Marshall
F-Kyle Rau
F-Sam Warning
G-Adam Wilcox
G-Joel Vienneau

Future Recruits that I'm aware of:

C-Travis Boyd
F-A.J Michaelson
C-Connor Reilly
F-Ryan Reilly
D-Michael Reilly
D-Brady Skjei
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
TheNightman wrote:Who will be coming in for the Gophs next year and who will be going to/playing more juniors?
2011 Recruits:

F-Seth Ambroz
C-Christian Isackson
D-Ben Marshall
F-Kyle Rau
F-Sam Warning
G-Adam Wilcox
G-Joel Vienneau

C-Travis Boyd
F-A.J Michaelson
C-Connor Reilly
F-Ryan Reilly
D-Michael Reilly
D-Brady Skjei
I guess I should have phrased that differently by asking who will be on the roster next year of these guys (among the ones who are elligible). I'm sure the older Reillys won't want to stay in the USHL for another year but I really don't see any need for them. I also don't know how Vienneau will fit in given his sub-par numbers in juniors this year. It's nice to see they're getting some bigger bodies next year though and Marshall should fill the Wehrs/Ness small, puck moving D man role pretty nicely.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

TheNightman wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
2011 Recruits:

F-Seth Ambroz
C-Christian Isackson
D-Ben Marshall
F-Kyle Rau
F-Sam Warning
G-Adam Wilcox
G-Joel Vienneau

C-Travis Boyd
F-A.J Michaelson
C-Connor Reilly
F-Ryan Reilly
D-Michael Reilly
D-Brady Skjei
I guess I should have phrased that differently by asking who will be on the roster next year of these guys (among the ones who are elligible). I'm sure the older Reillys won't want to stay in the USHL for another year but I really don't see any need for them. I also don't know how Vienneau will fit in given his sub-par numbers in juniors this year. It's nice to see they're getting some bigger bodies next year though and Marshall should fill the Wehrs/Ness small, puck moving D man role pretty nicely.
Marshall will probably have to step in and contribute right away as a freshmen. The defensemen are looking really slim right now. I think they have one or two junior defensemen, and the rest being Sophomores and freshmen... I also think Rau and Ambroz will be on the team for sure. Ambroz, has already had multiple seasons in juniors, and will only be 18 next year. If anything, the Gopher's should have a little bit more size to next season's roster. One of the many things Lucia has been criticized for.
Northfan99

Post by Northfan99 »

Need some bigger recruits especially on defense unless we want to keep getting physically pounded on. Most solid d is alt.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I'd say it's 50/50 on Ambroz. If he goes real high in the draft, that team might want him to take a different route?