Surprise Teams Of 2011-12

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Surprise Teams Of 2011-12

Post by MrBoDangles »

Time to hear about some teams that will turn some heads this year...

St. Paul Johnson - They bring back a ton of seniors this year and most of their scoring. Goalie is the ?.

Forest Lake- Franklyn and Kohls are back for their final year with a very good group of upperclassmen around them. How long have those two been leading this team? They lost their main goalie, but Forest Lake has become a goalie (long line of D-1 goalies) factory and should be able to reload.

Centennial- Very good group of seniors and they added another senior(move-in) that was in the Advanced Program. They also added a coach that will do great things for the program.

There's a few in my opinion....
Guru20

Re: Surprise Teams Of 2011-12

Post by Guru20 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Centennial- Very good group of seniors and they added another senior(move-in) that was in the Advanced Program. They also added a coach that will do great things for the program.
Who's in this very good group of Seniors? Beyond Lovick and Zebro?
Best of luck to the new coach.
MrBoDangles

Re: Surprise Teams Of 2011-12

Post by MrBoDangles »

Guru20 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Who's in this very good group of Seniors? Beyond Lovick and Zebro?
Best of luck to the new coach.
They had six (seniors?) different players that either made the High Performance 17's or the Elite League. Centennial tied Maple Grove with five (with Centennial's move in) in the HP 17's. Should have some good senior leadership.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

How is Centennial a surprise team? I understand the other two, but doesnt Centennial expect to be good each and every year.

My surprise teams when it comes to making the state tourney:
Bemidji
Elk River
Stillwater
BSM (With how good Minnetonka will be this might be a surprise team to make it)
I could throw Centennial and Maple Grove in cause any team that beats Blaine would surprise me. How many years did Blaine go to state in the last 5 years?
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

Tigers33 wrote:How is Centennial a surprise team? I understand the other two, but doesnt Centennial expect to be good each and every year.

Bemidji
Elk River
Stillwater
I could throw Centennial and Maple Grove in cause any team that beats Blaine would surprise me. How many years did Blaine go to state in the last 5 years?
Maple Grove will be an early favorite to win the whole dang thing. If they can get through Blaine in sections it will get interesting.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

My surprise teams would be HM, Edina, Tonka, Moorhead, East, Eagan, Blaine and one of the Lakevilles.....Nothing surprising here. Pretty Much normal....Can't change facts. The surprise last year was HM not there and WBL in there.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

You know this is a joke. :lol:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Tigers33 wrote:How is Centennial a surprise team? I understand the other two, but doesnt Centennial expect to be good each and every year.

Bemidji
Elk River
Stillwater
You answered your own question. ](*,)

All