Early season player of the year?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

Who is your early season player of the year or mr hockey?

My pick is sheehy for Burnsville or Zajac for Eagan
Last edited by koho snipe on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starmvp

Re: Early season player of the year?

Post by starmvp »

koho snipe wrote:Who is your early season mr hockey?

My pick is sheehy for Burnsville or Zajac for Eagan
Sophomore for Mr. Hockey?
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

He's doing three years of high school in one as to be eligible for the award. 8)
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

hockeyfan893 wrote:He's doing three years of high school in one as to be eligible for the award. 8)
Ohhh thanks for clearing that up. I was confused... :wink:
koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

Well considering he played for Waterloo in the ushl last year as a 9th grader chances are he will be exiting
The mn high school league soon. So yea sophomore for mr hockey.
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

You can't win Mr. Hockey as a sophomore...Figure it out.
sweetthang

Post by sweetthang »

Kloos
koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

Easy buddy. It's high school hockey. The thread title is early player of the year. Sheehy is throwing some numbers up. I stand by my choices.

Take it easy
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

Koho, Tyler has 5 points in 4 games. Against Burnsville's schedule this is excellent production for a sophomore, but in no way player of the year worthy. As for this topic, with the front runner for mr hockey, kloos, having played only 2 games, and most other teams having played 4 to 5 games it's pretty hard to make a call at player of the year. I would go with Judd Peterson from Duluth Marshall seeing as he is leading the state in scoring and played a reasonably strong starting schedule.
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

longdistancespectator8 wrote:Koho, Tyler has 5 points in 4 games. Against Burnsville's schedule this is excellent production for a sophomore, but in no way player of the year worthy. As for this topic, with the front runner for mr hockey, kloos, having played only 2 games, and most other teams having played 4 to 5 games it's pretty hard to make a call at player of the year. I would go with Judd Peterson from Duluth Marshall seeing as he is leading the state in scoring and played a reasonably strong starting schedule.
Scoring 5 goals against Ashland will boost anyones scoring numbers..
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

starmvp wrote:I was confused... :wink:
Typical...

8)
The Puck
LGW
Hockey North

Post by Hockey North »

Duluth 4 wrote: Scoring 5 goals against Ashland will boost anyones scoring numbers..

Scoring 3 against Breck, 2 against Hibbing, 2 against St Thomas Academy, 1 against Benilde will also boost your numbers.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

koho snipe wrote:Easy buddy. It's high school hockey. The thread title is early player of the year. Sheehy is throwing some numbers up. I stand by my choices.

Take it easy
Well if you are going by numbers, he isn't leading his team in points, or even second.
icedad

Post by icedad »

Player of the Year at Defense -- Jordy Gross, Maple Grove/Notre Dame
johnnyquest

Post by johnnyquest »

I like sheehey, I like Zajac, but I especially like Tanner Jordan
sweetthang

Post by sweetthang »

johnnyquest wrote:I like sheehey, I like Zajac, but I especially like Tanner Jordan
Zajac has all the physical tools. He would be a lot more dangerous if he looked to pass more, as would there team, but the talent is there.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Hockey North wrote:
Duluth 4 wrote: Scoring 5 goals against Ashland will boost anyones scoring numbers..

Scoring 3 against Breck, 2 against Hibbing, 2 against St Thomas Academy, 1 against Benilde will also boost your numbers.
:lol: The year Hanowski set the record (right? or is he second?) people were giving credit with a LF schedule. DM has had two easy games on their schedule of six games and three of the other six were teams ranked in the top 10 of their respective classes.

Judd's a great offensive player.
THE INSTRUCTOR

Post by THE INSTRUCTOR »

Actually Judd Peterson put up multiple goals against #2 Breck at the time, #1 STA at the time, #6 Hibbing at the time, and a goal vs #2 AA BSM at the time.

More importantly, he is playing better w/o the puck and in his own end.
More importantly, he is staying out of the penalty box.
Most importantly, his grades are good at the school.

So yeah, back to the topic, he is a fine candidate.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Justin Kloos. Teams send their whole squad after this young man yet he still is able to make his team so much better..........what a great player!!
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

Too early to make a logical prediction, but its hard to argue with Kloos even i the limited games played. Better question for after the holidays.
outside_observer

Post by outside_observer »

koho snipe wrote:Well considering he played for Waterloo in the ushl last year as a 9th grader chances are he will be exiting
The mn high school league soon. So yea sophomore for mr hockey.
Ummm..... No.
He played in 2 games this year. As a sophomore.
I do believe he will leave.
But at the moment, he is not even the best player on his team.
Zoogy92

Post by Zoogy92 »

Overall not very impressed with anyone so far. I agree Kloos should be a Mr. Hockey candidate/winner at the END of the season. But just from early takes on players Judd Peterson from Duluth Marshall is the only one who really stands out to me.
21Swagger

Post by 21Swagger »

Zoogy92 wrote:Overall not very impressed with anyone so far. I agree Kloos should be a Mr. Hockey candidate/winner at the END of the season. But just from early takes on players Judd Peterson from Duluth Marshall is the only one who really stands out to me.
Kloos will certainly be in the conversation at the end of the year but he's played 2 games so it's hard to put him at the top of the list now.

Peterson, Kuhlman and Randolph are my early top 3