Duluth East

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HockeyWatcher10

Duluth East

Post by HockeyWatcher10 »

Is there any chance that Duluth East goes undefeated this year? So far it looks like no one can even compete with them after seeing the score of their game against #2 ranked Maple Grove.
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

I think a team like Maple Grove will stack up against East on a smaller ice surface. Clearly, East is a more skilled team. If Maple Grove isn't soft and eliminates Randolph and co. after they cycle the puck to prevent them from getting to open space (and stay out of the penalty box) they will have a very good chance to stick with East through the 3rd period.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

I think everyone thought the same thing about Tonka 2 years ago at this point in the season. Remember they beat Edina 7-1 in late January and Edina went on to win the title and be the only team to beat Tonka that season. There's obviously a chance they'll go undefeated but I don't think they will, especially considering their first two games they played in the Schwan Cup.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Roseauverrated wrote:I think everyone thought the same thing about Tonka 2 years ago at this point in the season. Remember they beat Edina 7-1 in late January and Edina went on to win the title and be the only team to beat Tonka that season. There's obviously a chance they'll go undefeated but I don't think they will, especially considering their first two games they played in the Schwan Cup.
Yes, just about any team can beat a superior team on any given night - blah, blah. But this East team, so far, may be the first team since Jefferson '93 to have a truly legitimate shot at running it. That team had tremendously skilled players through the lineup, just like the current East club. To beat them, it will take a team that somehow slows down the Hounds' forecheck and gets great goaltending. The great goaltending may come as early as tomorrow night against Bitzer, but can the Spuds slow down that forecheck? I don't think so.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006