Minnetonka at Eden Prairie 1/28/2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who's got this one?

Skippers
74%
Eagles
26%

Total votes: 19

tonkafan77

Minnetonka at Eden Prairie 1/28/2012

Post by tonkafan77 »

Will the Skippers be able to keep their hot streak alive as they venture over to Eagle country? This ever important conference game could end up being the deal breaker as to whether or not Minnetonka will win the conference due to their previous loss to Edina.

Any thoughts?
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

anyone got a score on this one?
supertacks

Post by supertacks »

Gov78 wrote:anyone got a score on this one?
1 - 1 after 2
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

4-2 EP final. EP scored with 43 sec left and then added EN.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Last years state champs vs this years #1 is good for 4 posts?
C'mon man.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

All I can say is....have fun Karl. This week in the lake conference and other important games have really put an interesting twist on the system.

Wayzata beats EP 4-0. Tonka beats Wayzata 5-1. Edina beats Wayzata 5-2. Eden Prairie beats Tonka 4-2. Moorhead beats Benilde in a lopsided game. The 5-10 range is very unpredictable. As for Tonka, how far back will they drop?
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

tonkafan77 wrote:All I can say is....have fun Karl. This week in the lake conference and other important games have really put an interesting twist on the system.

Wayzata beats EP 4-0. Tonka beats Wayzata 5-1. Edina beats Wayzata 5-2. Eden Prairie beats Tonka 4-2. Moorhead beats Benilde in a lopsided game. The 5-10 range is very unpredictable. As for Tonka, how far back will they drop?
This is the beauty of the Lake Conference, aside from Hopkins any team can take down another on a given night. Huge win for Eden Prairie tonight, Tonka is going to need a lot of help if they want the conference title. As always 6AA is going to be very tough to get through this season. If I were doing the rankings, I'd move the Skippers down to #2.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Roseauverrated wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:All I can say is....have fun Karl. This week in the lake conference and other important games have really put an interesting twist on the system.

This is the beauty of the Lake Conference, aside from Hopkins any team can take down another on a given night. Huge win for Eden Prairie tonight, Tonka is going to need a lot of help if they want the conference title. As always 6AA is going to be very tough to get through this season. If I were doing the rankings, I'd move the Skippers down to #2.
I agree. I was not at the game but I see on the Hub that Tonka outshot them 30-21. Did Tonka outplay them or were they just not quality chances?
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Tonka never should have been moved up to #1 in the first place, it was a knee jerk reaction to Duluth East win even though East was missing 4 key players.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

#2 tonka beats #1 DE 9-3 and they shouldn't be moved up?? .. Sorry, but any #2 team in any sport beats #1 that bad, deserves the #1 spot...It doesnt matter about injuries or who is not playing. Thats the way it goes
Last edited by SuperStar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

FWIW, PageStat still has Tonka at #1, although the gap between them and East was cut in half. Moorhead gains big this week.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

Can't wait for the Section 6AA playoffs. We could legitimately see four top 10 caliber teams in the semifinals and the better team on any given night will prevail.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

east hockey wrote:FWIW, PageStat still has Tonka at #1, although the gap between them and East was cut in half. Moorhead gains big this week.

Lee
Where do you find that? When I go to their website, I see that it says "Thru 1/21" at the top.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

tonkafan77 wrote:
east hockey wrote:FWIW, PageStat still has Tonka at #1, although the gap between them and East was cut in half. Moorhead gains big this week.

Lee
Where do you find that? When I go to their website, I see that it says "Thru 1/21" at the top.
I ran the preliminary numbers, just haven't posted them to my site yet. Still some missing scores. Will do the weekly update tomorrow.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

east hockey wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:

Lee
I ran the preliminary numbers, just haven't posted them to my site yet. Still some missing scores. Will do the weekly update tomorrow.

Lee
In your opinion, what do you think Karl should do with the #1-4 spots?
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Last years state champs vs this years #1 is good for 4 posts?
C'mon man.
Okay,
Now we're getting somewhere.
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

EP played flat vs Wayzata. I think they would win that game most of the time. But for the shot difference Tonka had a few more Power Plays throughout the game including a 5v3 in the 3rd which Tonka scored on to tie the game at 2. EP is for sure turning heads this year after which was tagged to be a "rebuilding year" and could make a run come March. If they didn't collapse against Duluth East for 2 minutes that game might have had a different outcome. EP should be ranked between 5-7. I think they're better then Moorhead even though they lost to them in the St.Louis Park tourny. Again blowing 2 leads and giving up a game ending break away with 2 seconds left in OT.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

tonkafan77 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote: Where do you find that? When I go to their website, I see that it says "Thru 1/21" at the top.

Lee
In your opinion, what do you think Karl should do with the #1-4 spots?
No opinion, really. If I was running Karl's type of ratings (nice thing about PageStat is I don't have to think, just plug the scores and the formulas do everything), I might approach it from the standpoint of who I think is the best team in the state right now. Based on that, I'd have Tonka 1, East 2. Because right now, East is still missing Repensky and Olson. Get that back and how I feel might change. By the way, Eagan scares me and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the potential I see, potential which hasn't yet been realized. I also thought, going into this season, that Eagan was the team to beat, so maybe I'm hanging onto that thought a little too firmly.

Huh. Guess I have an opinion on this, after all. :mrgreen:

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

SuperStar wrote:#2 tonka beats #1 DE 9-3 and they shouldn't be moved up?? .. Sorry, but any #2 team in any sport beats #1 that bad, deserves the #1 spot...It doesnt matter about injuries or who is not playing. Thats the way it goes
They split the two games and Duluth East was missing key players for the second game, it does matter, if I still had the time to do my rankings I would have left tonka at #2 after the win over East and this week I would have been right in doing so...when doing rankings it is never good to overreact to a single win or loss, subtle moves work out best, not knee jerk reactions.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Its not a over reaction, its just the way it goes. lets say LSU loses to Auburn in a particular week. LSU was number 1. They would then be 2 or 3 the next week.... no matter what or whos playing. It might only for a week, but the change still should occur.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

I'm anxiously awaiting Karl's rankings. I have no idea what he is going to do with the whole 5-10 range teams!