YHH: Region Preview and Predictions

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

YHH: Region Preview and Predictions

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I take my turn at the other 3 regionals: PWB, PWA, and Bantam B

http://youthhockeyhub.com/region-previe ... is-enough/

PeeWee B (Hermantown and ER Black in semis) and Bantam B (Anyone vs. Anyone) East by far the most competitive.

MN Hockey needs to realign D3 into the West. The balance of power is way off...I'm probably not chartering new territory here.

Enjoy,

TS
hockeysmart

Post by hockeysmart »

Bantam B East will be quite the tournament. Any of the 8 teams could come out of this region, cannot say that for any other region at any level. Look forward to seeing scores and updates on this region.
puckfan

Re: YHH: Region Preview and Predictions

Post by puckfan »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:

MN Hockey needs to realign D3 into the West. The balance of power is way off...I'm probably not chartering new territory here.

Enjoy,

TS
Last year D3 was in with D6 & D5. They have it on a rotation, so should it always be a fixed setup for regions?
Trout

Post by Trout »

It sure seems as though the East is the toughest at nearly every level this year from what I am reading on all the assessments of regions. Having D2, D3, and D8 together seems crazy. All are large districts with many traditional powers. With that said...all you have to do is go out there and win and the rest takes care of itself!

I am all for broad participation and and happy when I see a big underdog make it there because they improved greatly as the year has gone on. However the unfortunate cry will be that they don't deserve it because of the set up or that their road was a joke or to easy.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

hockeysmart wrote:Bantam B East will be quite the tournament. Any of the 8 teams could come out of this region, cannot say that for any other region at any level. Look forward to seeing scores and updates on this region.
It's ridiculous. While doing my predictions, some of them were easy (especially south and north because the top teams presented themselves and the divide between strong and weak was vast)...the east (especially in BB1) was always the hardest. The west was hard not because of the divide, but because the top end teams weren't there.
FlowForShow4

Maht

Post by FlowForShow4 »

Mahtomedi is comin' ready tomorrow. They want a shot at state, and they can get it if they work hard.