Give it up Lou

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bronco2828

Give it up Lou

Post by bronco2828 »

Sorry folks. Watched both games today and was pretty happy with Lou Nanne's commentating up until the point when he said Edina should have been 3 seed instead of 4 seed. You know he wouldn't be half bad if he could get over being so biased towards Edina. I work nights tonight and am glad I don't have to listen to his praises about The Hornets during the whole late game. Then I'll be down to watch tomorrow and won't have to hear him the rest of the Tourney. Get over it Lou the Cake Eaters aren't the only team at the "X".
Sats81

Re: Give it up Lou

Post by Sats81 »

bronco2828 wrote:Sorry folks. Watched both games today and was pretty happy with Lou Nanne's commentating up until the point when he said Edina should have been 3 seed instead of 4 seed. You know he wouldn't be half bad if he could get over being so biased towards Edina. I work nights tonight and am glad I don't have to listen to his praises about The Hornets during the whole late game. Then I'll be down to watch tomorrow and won't have to hear him the rest of the Tourney. Get over it Lou the Cake Eaters aren't the only team at the "X".
God I hope they don't get more than 1 game at the X and have to listen to him. Send em to Mariucci BSM!
CRS

Post by CRS »

To be fair. He does kind of have a point. Eagan went 1-1 against Burnsville. While Edina beat Burnsville twice. Eagan didn't really have a convincing win at all this season.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Well, his take was what about 85% of posters here thought before the seeds were announced.

Bitzer was awesome and Moorhead played well as a team, but in the case of "Edina vs. Eagan for the 3rd seed," Eagan didn't exactly present the proper evidence to support its case.

Lou can go out on his own terms, if you ask me.
Last edited by Doc Holliday on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.DudeGuy

Post by Mr.DudeGuy »

Ha I was just going to post about this. He may just be a little biased... talking about how Edina was in the 3 spot all year, and then he goes on to talk about how losing to Burnsville should have guarenteed Eagan in the 4 spot... it will be nice down at the X tomorrow. I can avoid this nonsense in my ears :roll:
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Here is where his bias is.... He also has one grandson on BSM and two on Edina. He wanted them in opposite brackets.
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Unfortunately Lou will go out on his own terms because he is an icon in Minnesota Hockey. He will never give up the mic for the state tourney.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Goldfishdude wrote:Here is where his bias is.... He also has one grandson on BSM and two on Edina. He wanted them in opposite brackets.
Who is his grandson on BSM?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

I thought Sweet Lou did a good job.

He's better than certain commentators...

8)
The Puck
LGW
defense

Post by defense »

Louie, Louie, Louie.......
I guess he is what he is.... it's a love hate type a thing... he just never seems to see the bigger picture...
MJA10

Re: Give it up Lou

Post by MJA10 »

bronco2828 wrote:Sorry folks. Watched both games today and was pretty happy with Lou Nanne's commentating up until the point when he said Edina should have been 3 seed instead of 4 seed. You know he wouldn't be half bad if he could get over being so biased towards Edina. I work nights tonight and am glad I don't have to listen to his praises about The Hornets during the whole late game. Then I'll be down to watch tomorrow and won't have to hear him the rest of the Tourney. Get over it Lou the Cake Eaters aren't the only team at the "X".
Not saying he isn't biased towards Edina but I believe he's right here and he gave very good reasoning for it
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Lou is the best hockey mind this state has. I will listen to him any day of the week!!
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

I didn't think his rationale on seeding (when I heard it on the radio the other day) was all that outrageous. He even said he was reluctant to say anything because of the complaints we see in here. But he explained it fairly and I could see his point. You could make a solid case either way.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Tigers33 wrote:Lou is the best hockey mind this state has. I will listen to him any day of the week!!
Don't know if he's the best hockey mind in the state, but his passion for Minnesota hockey on all levels is undeniable. Who do people want as a color guy, Jim Rich?? Long live, Louie!
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

His rationale on tv was that Edina was the 3 all year. did anyone have them at 3 ever??
celly93

Post by celly93 »

Sats81 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:Here is where his bias is.... He also has one grandson on BSM and two on Edina. He wanted them in opposite brackets.
He has a grandson at BSM who doesn't play hockey.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

celly93 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
He has a grandson at BSM who doesn't play hockey.
Goldfishdude said 'on' BSM not 'at' BSM. So if he is 'at' BSM why would Nanne care if they were on the same side of the bracket?
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

I love listening to Lou talk about hockey 90% of the time. The 10% I dislike is when he's talking about Edina.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

MHGr8ness wrote:His rationale on tv was that Edina was the 3 all year. did anyone have them at 3 ever??
Maybe Moorhead should have been the third seed?
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

Lou is a legend and his takes are very insightful.

Many of the detractors simply dislike his family connections to the Edina team.

It will be a loss when he decides to step down.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

You realize that if Nanne were to hang up the mick they would probably use Phil Hously......Now do we really want that?? :shock:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

SEMNHOCKEYFAN wrote:You realize that if Nanne were to hang up the mick they would probably use Phil Hously......Now do we really want that?? :shock:
Good point. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Mr.DudeGuy

Post by Mr.DudeGuy »

SEMNHOCKEYFAN wrote:You realize that if Nanne were to hang up the mick they would probably use Phil Hously......Now do we really want that?? :shock:
That is not the worst idea I have heard. It would just force me to go to the X for every game instead of just the semi's/finals :P
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:Lou is a legend and his takes are very insightful.

Many of the detractors simply dislike his family connections to the Edina team.

It will be a loss when he decides to step down.

Not his family connections, just his reference of onesidedness when Edina's on the ice.
defense

Post by defense »

See my problem with Lou is, no I didn't hear him say it, but how much do u think he would rather watch hockey at mariucci now? That's were the better teams are right?
this just seems to be his attitude.