Texas team at AAG

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

AggieSpirit

Texas team at AAG

Post by AggieSpirit »

I was amazed with the organization of the tournament and also was in awe at the sheer numbers of girls playing hockey in just this tournament alone. we struggled just to get to 10 on our roster, and had several 8, 9, and 10 year olds who composed the majority of our team, with only 3 pure u12's on our roster. It was an eye opening experience to see the size difference, but our girls managed to persevere to 3 victories over Duluth, Anoka, and Blaine to win 3rd place in the u12 B division.

To many of you, this is no big deal as i know 12A gets most of the attention, but for our girls it was an amazing experience. Particularly, in regards to one team - Anoka 12b , who's class and sportsmanship really left an impression.

We hope that next year we can field u12 and u10 teams for the AAG and look forward to doing it again. Minnesota was a wonderful experience and we are grateful for the great host you all were and for the opportunity to play in The State of Hockey.

Sincerely,
#1's dad on the Lone Star Lady Wolves
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Glad to have you!!!
Snap Happy

Re: Texas team at AAG

Post by Snap Happy »

AggieSpirit wrote:I was amazed with the organization of the tournament and also was in awe at the sheer numbers of girls playing hockey in just this tournament alone. we struggled just to get to 10 on our roster, and had several 8, 9, and 10 year olds who composed the majority of our team, with only 3 pure u12's on our roster. It was an eye opening experience to see the size difference, but our girls managed to persevere to 3 victories over Duluth, Anoka, and Blaine to win 3rd place in the u12 B division.

To many of you, this is no big deal as i know 12A gets most of the attention, but for our girls it was an amazing experience. Particularly, in regards to one team - Anoka 12b , who's class and sportsmanship really left an impression.

We hope that next year we can field u12 and u10 teams for the AAG and look forward to doing it again. Minnesota was a wonderful experience and we are grateful for the great host you all were and for the opportunity to play in The State of Hockey.

Sincerely,
#1's dad on the Lone Star Lady Wolves
what a refreshing post!!