Section 6AA: #4 Eden Prairie vs #1 BSM 2/23

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

#1 BSM
47%
#4 Eden Prairie
53%

Total votes: 36

celly93

Section 6AA: #4 Eden Prairie vs #1 BSM 2/23

Post by celly93 »

Who ya got?

Also, anyone know when/where this will be?
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

The game is on saturday either at BIG or Braemar
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Eden Prairie is on a bit of a roll and could pull an upset over BSM and go on to win 6AA. Armstrong has been eliminated right?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

This one will presumably be at BIG, since they won't make Edina play at Jefferson as the top seed, and each arena has one 1/4 game and one 2/3 game.

Plenty of intrigue here; the first game between these two was really a tale of two different halves, with Benilde dominating the first period and EP taking over from there, but not quite doing enough to slip out with the win. What with the whipping of Holy Family, EP seems to be peaking at the right time.

This game will probably hinge on which version of the BSM defense shows up. If it's a bad night, EP's forecheck will keep them bottled up, and they'll have to rely on some heroics from Besse and friends on breakaways and such. If it's a good night, EP will need a huge performance from Gerdes to have a shot.
koolio

Post by koolio »

This one is in the "hmmm... who do I want to lose more" category. Probably the floppers (BSM). Nice win by EP tonight. HFC is so over-rated... season is over!
MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star »

This will be an outstanding game! EP peaking at the right time but as i was watching BSM play, they came ready to play last night and Besse himself is hungry for more hats to be thrown on the ice. Yes i know they played Armstrong, but scoring 25 seconds into the game is quite impressive. Sprang has been getting better each game and the Red Knights 3rd and 4th liners are capable of playing with the best lines in the state. Its really gonna come down to the red knights underclassmen defensemen and Andrew Sprang to stop EP's firepower as they are getting better each game! Should be the better semi final game out of the tonka zata game!
snowpuck

Post by snowpuck »

Agree on HF being waay overrated. EP wins this one by 2... This game will come down to goaltending.
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

I think that this game will come down to depth, which I would give Eden Prairie the upper hand in. They have been getting scoring from all their lines, along with great shutdown defense and goaltending. I think Besse and company (his line) will need to produce at least 3 to win this game. I'll take EP 5-3.
Ozzie82

Post by Ozzie82 »

BSM sent out an email saying that it's at Braemar.
stashondee

Gametime and Location Section 6

Post by stashondee »

BSM VS EP @ 3:30 BIG

Wayzata vs Tonka @ 7:30 BIG
Wside

Post by Wside »

Metrohockeyfan wrote:I think that this game will come down to depth, which I would give Eden Prairie the upper hand in. They have been getting scoring from all their lines, along with great shutdown defense and goaltending. I think Besse and company (his line) will need to produce at least 3 to win this game. I'll take EP 5-3.
In the game two weeks ago Besse did not score and each line had a tally for the 3-2 win.
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

Wside wrote:
Metrohockeyfan wrote:I think that this game will come down to depth, which I would give Eden Prairie the upper hand in. They have been getting scoring from all their lines, along with great shutdown defense and goaltending. I think Besse and company (his line) will need to produce at least 3 to win this game. I'll take EP 5-3.
In the game two weeks ago Besse did not score and each line had a tally for the 3-2 win.
What are you saying here? Besse had two points.......someone from the top line hit the score sheet on all three goals....
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Ozzie82 wrote:BSM sent out an email saying that it's at Braemar.
Yep, it's at Braemar, Benilde. :lol:
Wside

Post by Wside »

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:
Wside wrote:
What are you saying here? Besse had two points.......someone from the top line hit the score sheet on all three goals....
I am saying they won without Besse scoring. The first did score one goal and assisted on one. The initial goal of the game was a mix of 2nd and 3rd lines. Benilde gets very good production from its 2nd line with a shutdown 3rd line that contributes to the score sheet.
gitter

Post by gitter »

I'm going with EP in the upset 4-3.
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

EP 6...BSM 4

Karma.....Bessy lights up Armstrong with game well in hand, but finds pipe and EP gets empty net 6..4 win...Bessy then finishes season at Vancouver and Baer is relegated to his familiar position on the bench.
Hockey Fever

Post by Hockey Fever »

Um..Besse scored the first 3 goals of the game, well before it was "in hand". I'll go with BSM in this game over EP. Should be a good game either way though.
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

Ummm. You forgot to mention the fourth goal and the assist(late in the third). BSM skated two lines the majority of the game to pad stats. Do not pretend they were worried about the Falcions famous 3rd period scrapdilicious ability to come back from large deficits that is apparent from their 4-18 record.

Karma may or may not rear its ugly head against EP.
Hockey Fever

Post by Hockey Fever »

They didn't just skate 2 lines. It may seem like it because they have Besse also taking shifts at defense, for some reason. They've been doing that for awhile now.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Are pollsters exhibiting wishful thinking with their votes?
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

I think this will be the most intriguing match up of the weekend and cannot wait to see how it will go.

Does anyone know if this game will be live streaming at all? b/c I have to work tomorrow and wanna watch it.
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

Not sure if you will find a video broadcast, but if you don't, www.psbmn.com will have audio.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

mnhockey30 wrote:I think this will be the most intriguing match up of the weekend and cannot wait to see how it will go.

Does anyone know if this game will be live streaming at all? b/c I have to work tomorrow and wanna watch it.
Prep45.com
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

celly93 wrote:
mnhockey30 wrote:I think this will be the most intriguing match up of the weekend and cannot wait to see how it will go.

Prep45.com
Thanks Celly
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

mnhockey30 wrote:
celly93 wrote:

Prep45.com
Thanks Celly
Last I read prep45.com will be at Braemar, which is the 2AA games.